Subject: SDR for WIN95

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:11:48 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone know where I can get SDR for WIN95.  The "thepoint" is always busy.

tks...chris

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 20:21:16 +0000 (GMT)

> Anyone know where I can get SDR for WIN95.  The "thepoint" is always busy.

take it off our server...
ftp://ftp.on-net.co.uk/pub/pc/winsdr22.zip

rgds

Mike

---

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 06:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

Mike

OK I got your copy, actually it turned out the www.best.com pointer was 
wrong, anyway I got it, loaded it onto my Pentium and brought up SDR.  Now 
I have 2 new problems.  First when I try and create a session the session 
creation window runs off the bottom of my screen and I cant get too the 
radio buttons at the bottom.  Second problem is when attempting to run 
applications like vic I get an error about.. no suitable tool found in 
command path.  Not having used Win95 as much and only remembering my DOS 
days a little, how do you tell Win95 the command path for these applications?

Also what is in anyones opinion the best sound card and frame grabbing 
cards for this?

tks...chris

---

From: [email-masked] (Multimedia Referenzzentrum)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 14:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Chris,

> First when I try and create a session the session 
> radio buttons at the bottom.  

You have to use a Resolution greater 1024x768.
So you need a 4MB VideoRAM-Card for more then 256 colors.
(Or ATI-GRAPHICS XPRESSION 2MB, Elsa Winner 2000AVI 2MB 
    at 1152x864 at 64K color)

> Second problem is when attempting to run 

In autoexec.bat we have:
set PATH=c:\windows;c:\windows\command;c:\tools;c:\Progra~1\mbone
set HOME=c:\Progra~1\mbone

> Also what is in anyones opinion the best sound card and frame grabbing 

We use Soundblaster16 and Soundblaster32AWE.
Both not the best of all, but work with all on PC (W95, Linux, ...)
There may be some better Soundcards.

For frame grabbing cards with W95 and VIC look at 
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Kouvelas/vic

rgds
    Christoph

-- 
,-----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Referenzzentrum für multimediale Teledienste (MMRZ), TU Dresden |
|         Dr. Klaus Köhler, Christoph Fleck, Rainer Kranz         |
| e-mail: [email-masked]            Tel.: 0351 / 463 5653  |
|    WWW: http://www-mm.urz.tu-dresden.de              (GERMANY)  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

---

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 18:04:19 -0400 (EDT)

All

I have found the solution in part to the great help I got from the 
mbone.  Here is what I found....

I have a ATI Mach64 which supports (with the driver you pull down from 
their Web site and not the Win95 driver) a virtual desktop.  With the VD 
I can set the desktop to allow me to get to the radio button on the 
bottom of the create session window.

again thanks to all for the help...chris

---

From: "Daniel A. Alvarez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:02:39 -0700

> ftp://ftp.on-net.co.uk/pub/pc/winsdr22.zip

I grabbed a copy of this and I like it:-)  Just one thing, is there 
anything we can do about the error message:

	sdr:too many attributes to fit in available space

It fills my screen with error messages.  Since this doesn't really affect
sdr can you blocked them from being sent out.  Its not a big deal on the
Unix implementation but they are very anoying on Win95.

thanks

dan

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:57:24 +0100

>	sdr:too many attributes to fit in available space

This one seems to be becoming an FAQ (at least in private email), so
I'll summarise the current status to the list.

The current release of sdr is 2.2a23 for some platforms, sdr 2.2a22
for most other Unix platforms.  These are in ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdr/

These versions fix a whole host of minor bugs in previous versions,
including the attributes problem you mention.  Versions earlier than
a22 have a bug which sometimes carries forward email address state
from one session to another.  This is fixed in a22 and a23.

There's a Windows build of sdr2.2a21 in
ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdrtest/ - I believe this build works OK on
Windows 95, but does not work on NT 3.51 or NT 4.0.  We just got an NT
4.0 system up and running, so I hope I'll be able to release a build
of the next sdr version (2.3) that works on NT 4.0.

I'm working on sdr 2.3 at the moment, which I hope to release in a
couple of weeks.  This has support for encrypted announcements - we'll
be sending out a new SAP draft shortly to the confctrl mailing list.

Mark

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 02:56:14 +0000 (GMT)

Intresting statistics...
Since posting this message 623 people ftped this file from our server!!!
Of which 231 were from Japan!!! Thats sometime on thursday to 02:50 GMT 
Sunday!!!

Man... Whats happening. Is it a small planet or what!!!

Mike.

PS: I didn't know there were that many people on this list!!!