Subject: IRIX 6.2

From: [email-masked] (W. Garth Smith)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 17:31:32 -0400

Does anyone know if the mrouted 3.8 application for IRIX 5.3
works under IRIX 6.2 for the SGI?

thanks,

Garth

---

From: Gorm Haug Eriksen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:10:37 +0200

->Does anyone know if the mrouted 3.8 application for IRIX 5.3
->works under IRIX 6.2 for the SGI?

I installed mrouted from the cdrom. This works fine.

You install the package, write /etc/mrouted.conf and do 
Root@Unix > /etc/chkconfig mrouted on 

THe package that got mrouted is IP Network Gateway Support under
IRIX Execution Env, 6.2.

I think the only thing that prevent you from running a mrouted 
compiled under <-5.2, is that irix 6.2 no longer supports COFF
binaries.

Good luck,

- Gorm Haug Eriksen
  Univ. of Oslo, Norway