Subject: Re: Interactive Multimedia Jukebox (IMJ)

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:28:56 -0500 (EST)

>>I suggest that you change the definition of the audio and video
>>sessions for the IMJ channels to use different port numbers in
>>addition to different multicast addresses.  I realize that affect
>>several things in the setup, but the reason for this suggestion is
>>that some systems won't be able to receive both audio and video
>>because the OS does not allow binding to multicast addresses.  This
>>has been fixed on most OS's by now, but it is still true for the
>>Win'95 and NT stacks.  Therefore, we can't tune in with IP/TV, for
>>example.

Done.

Here are the new addresses:

audio:  224.2.1.3/19960  (no change)
video:  224.2.2.3/61000

I've made the change in the sdr announcement and the video server
and most of the documentation.  It may take a while for the sdr
announcement to make it around so if anyone isn't seeing video check
the port please.

-Kevin Almeroth