Subject: Broadcasting of International Symposium

From: Seiji Kageyama <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 13:00:42 +0900 (JST)

Hi MBoner,

We are preparing to broadcast the Shudo International Symposium on
"Today's Economy and the Globalization of Information", which will be 
held on October 11 in Hiroshima International Conference Hall near 
the Peace Park by Hiroshima Shudo University, Hiroshima, Japan.  
They present the visual and two languages (English and Japanese) 
information using Mbone.

Our broadcasting plan is as follows:
    Session (with TTL=127)
        Video (h.261, 32kbps)      from the Conference Hall.
        Audio (dvi4,  32kbps*2)   presentation and discussion are provided
                               in two languages, English and Japanese.
Time-Table:
12:30-13:00 JST    Preparatory information about this program
(3:30-4:00 UTC)
13:00-13:20 JST    Opening Ceremony
(4:00-4:20 UTC)
13:20-13:50 JST    Keynote speech by Keimei Kaizuka, Professor of Chuo
(4:20-4:50 UTC)    University and emeritus professor of Tokyo University
13:50-14:20 JST    Keynote speech by Takafumi Kaneko, Director-General
(4:50-5:20 UTC)    Economic Research Institute, Economic Planning Agency
14:20-14:35 JST    Rest
(5:20-5:35 UTC)
14:35-15:05 JST    Comments on keynote speeches by panelists and reply
(5:35-6:05 UTC)
15:05-15:35 JST    Presentation and discussion by panelists about the themes of
(6:05-6:35 UTC)    budgets deficits, hollowing out of industry and deregulation
15:35-16:05 JST    Presentation and discussion by panelists about the themes of
(6:35-7:05 UTC)    electronic money, electronic transaction executive system,
                   derivatives and advancing financial services
16:05-16:25 JST    Proposals by panelists about the today's economy or the
(7:05-7:25 UTC)    Globalization of information
16:25-16:55 JST    Questions and answers between panelists and the floor
(7:25-7:55 UTC)
17:00 JST          Closing
(8:00 UTC)

Any questions and comments should go to:
    Seiji KAGEYAMA, MBONE engineer ([email-masked]), or
    Seijiro HIROMITSU, Supervisor of this Mbone Project 
    ([email-masked])