Subject: VAT and Toshiba Tecra520CDT + Yamaha OPL3-SAx

From: Beau Williamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:55:19 -0600

Fellow Multicasters,

Does anyone out there have a Toshiba Tecra 520CDT PC running WIN95 that has
successfully run vat??

Seems that we have a problem with vat crashing on our IS configured Tecra
520 CDT PCs.  I was told that it was because vat was directly addressing
the new 
OPL3-SAx sound card (recently introduced into the new Toshiba Tecra 520s)
and the driver was unhappy with this and caused vat to crash.  (Previous
Toshiba models used the ESS sound card and vat ran fine.) HOWEVER, I found
another person in the company that uses the same 520CDT with OPL3-SAx sound
card and vat runs fine.  This makes me doubt what I was told and think we
have a PC configuration problem.

Would someone out there with a Toshiba Tecra 520 confirm that the WIN95
version (4.0b) of vat does/doesn't crash on this platfrom.  Not being able
to use vat on my PC is a real pain.  (RAT is ok, but there are times I
would like to run vat.)

Thanks in advance.

Beau Williamson