Subject: Re: xconf und SDP

From: Valerie Lasker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 09:56:55 -0700

At 01:59 PM 5/20/97 +0200, Wieland Holfelder wrote:
>we receive lots of sdp announcements over sap that do not conform 
>to the 03.2 draft by Mark and Van. The draft says, each session
>description *must* have a connection information field (c=) but 
>like in the following (randomly choosen) example of one of those 
>sessions mentioned above, the "c=" field is missing in the session
>description part: ...

The draft says a session announcement must contain one c= field in each
media description OR a c= field at the session level. Your sample had a c=
field in each media section, and therefore was a legal announcement.

--
Valerie 
(email: [email-masked])

---

From: Wieland Holfelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 08:59:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> field in each media section, and therefore was a legal announcement.
where do you see the OR? I rather read in the draft the c= field in 
the session part is mandatory and that if there is another c= field in 
the media description part it simply overwrites the c= field of
the session part. 
-- Wieland

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:18:10 +0200

[email-masked] said:
> where do you see the OR? 

The draft says the following in the list over the different 'type' letters on 
page 8:

"c=* (connection information - not required if included in all media)"

The '*' means that it is optional. 

/P