Subject: Re: Vic 2.8.1 (Was: MPEG for VIC)

From: Beau Williamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 16:28:54 -0600

Hakan,

I haven't found one either and have been unable to contact Van or Isidor
concerning the status of the 2.8.1 version with the fixes.

I suspect it's pretty low down their priority list of things to do.

Beau

At 05:19 PM 4/2/97 +0200, Hakan Lennestal wrote:
>In message <[email-masked]>, Van Jacobson writes:
>> Beau,
>> 
>> Isidor & UCL graciously contributed their Win95 grabber to the
>> vic distribution.  I've been merging in their code, a bunch of
>> memory leak bug fixes from Bill Fenner, and our tk fixes
>> (including the high color fixes).  The Sun tk group has just
>> released a patch release of tcl7.6/tk4.2 that appears to have a
>> bunch of win95/nt fixes so I want to upgrade to that before
>> rolling the new vic distribution (which will be 2.8.1).  I'm
>> hoping to get everything out by Friday (or early next week if
>> the current round of disasters & emergencies doesn't quiet
>> down).
>> 
>>  - Van
>
>Hi !
>
>Did the 2.8.1 release ever get out ?
>Or am I looking at the wrong place (ftp.ee.lbl.gov/conferencing/vic) ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>/Håkan Lennestål
>
>
>
_____________________________________________________________________

" I'm not stupid, just unencumbered by knowledge."

>G. Beau Williamson WB5CPY       ***************************
>Consulting Engineer, CCIE 1346  *      .           .      *
>Cisco Systems Inc.              *      |           |      *
>14160 Dallas Parkway            *     |||         |||     *
>Suite 400                       *    |||||       |||||    *
>Dallas,TX  75240                *  |||||||||   |||||||||  *
>Phone:  972.774.3317            *|||||||||||||||||||||||||*
>Fax:    972.774.3333            *      Cisco Systems      *
>                                ***************************
_____________________________________________________________________