Subject: Mrouted for AIX?

From: Johannes Tax <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 12:33:43 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to set up a tunnel to a remote site that has only RS/6000s and PCs.
Is there an mrouted available for either of these platforms? The AIX boxes are
running AIX 3.2.5, but can (and will likely) be upgraded to AIX 4.x.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide,
jan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan Tax                                              Email: [email-masked]
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT)      Phone: +1.919.962.5642
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill          Fax:   +1.919.962.5664
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:01:15 -0600

As far as I can tell, AIX4 doesn't have the kernel support for
multicast routing. 

I'd *love* to be proven wrong ...

--bob