Subject: HP A4049A DESKTOP VIDEO HARDWARE CODEC

From: Stefano Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 16:11:22 +0000

Dear all,
did anyone use the HP A4049A DESKTOP VIDEO HARDWARE CODEC on the MBONE, I
know it can run with COMMUNIQUE 4.0 but I don't know if Communique has
multicast IP capabilities and if it can be compatible with the other MBONE
tools video format. Do anyone used it sending IP video streams over ATM?

Thank you a lot in advance
                                Stefano

----------------------------------------------------------------------     
X                                  ...                               X     
X  e-mail [email-masked]   (o o)        Stefano Giordano      X     
X    TEL. +39 50 568539         ... v ...                            X     
X    FAX  +39 50 568522          ..   ..      University of Pisa     X     
X                                 .....          Department of       X     
X  TELECOMMUNICATIONS GROUP      **^*^**   Information Engineering   X     
X      TLC   NETWORKS                         Via Diotisalvi 2       X     
X   Visit our Java Server                        56126  PISA         X     
X  http://indy.iet.unipi.it                         ITALY            X
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 05:21:04 -0400 (EDT)

Stefano

Communique 4.1 uses multicast for both video and audio (Speaker Phone).  
The multicast address is hard coded into the system (i.e I think it uses 
224.77.0.0 range).  I was trying to get them to use SD for addresses access.
We are trying to get Insoft to finish development of thier ATM interface 
but it seems Netscape who purchased Insoft wants (and is ) killing the 
ATM effort.  I understand this is a real shame because the Insoft C! ATM 
demos show great promise for one heck of a VTC system.  There also is a 
VIC implementation of a Fore ATM API which I'm currently trying to build 
to do some testing.

...chris