Subject: Running SDR

From: Rodrigo Costa Colossi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:57:32 -0300 (EST)

Hello !

	I've installed a ATM board on 3 SGIs running irix 6.2. There are
two boards types, one is GIA and another is ESA. Before I've installed the
ATM drivers, my SDR run normally, after when I try to run the SDR this
message
appear (same message on all SGIs):

-----
bind: Address already in use
Address: e0027ffe, Port: 9875
-------

	How can I solve this problem?

[]'s

Rodrigo Costa Colossi
---------------------
Federal University of Sao Carlos
mailto: [email-masked]
http://www.dc.ufscar.br/~rodrigo

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:02:26 -0400 (EDT)

This sounds like another copy of sdr is already running somewhere. I don't
think more than one person can run sdr in any given location.

_J

---

From: Tom Adriaansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:49:19 +0200

Hi,

> think more than one person can run sdr in any given location.

Or a clash between sdr and the White Pine CU-SeeMe reflector.

sdr can not run with the White Pine CU-SeeMe reflector either. Both use 
address 224.2.127.254 and port 9875, the reflector to broadcast Multicast
sessions, and sdr the look for them.

M.vr.Gr.
Tommy

-------------------------
hydra> ps -ef | grep sdr
   tommy  5037  5030  1 15:45:24 pts/1    0:00 grep sdr 
hydra> ps -ef | grep refl
   tommy  5039  5030  1 15:45:28 pts/1    0:00 grep refl 
    root  4789     1  0 12:41:13 ?        0:12 ././hydra/wpreflect.exe 
hydra> sdr
bind: Address already in use
Address: e0027ffe, Port: 9875
hydra>

-------------------------------------------------

-- 
 
M.vr.Gr.                                ("''/").___..--''"`-._
Tommy                                   `o_ o  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`) 
                                        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
                                      _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' .'
                                     (il).-''  ((i).'  ((!.-'

 ...................              Postmaster / Hostmaster / System Manager
 .            _+_  .   Name       Tom Adriaansen
 .           (***) .   Address    University Computer Centre (KUN/UCI),
 ............/===\..              Geert Groote Plein 41,
 . KKKKKUUUUUNNNNN .              6525 GA Nijmegen,
 . KKK  UUUUU NNNN .              The Netherlands.
 . K    UUUUU  NNN .   Phone      +31-(24)-3617958 (bgg 3617957/3617949)
 . KKK  UUUUU   NN .   FAX        +31-(24)-3617979
 . KKKKK UUU     N .   e-Mail     [email-masked]
 ...................

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:13:25 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Tom Adriaansen wrote:

If it is an SGI, it is more likely to be the session directory server
daemon which listens for session announcements and creates web pages for
them.  The daemon is called sdpd. You can make sure it doesn't get run by
putting "off" into /etc/config/sdpd.

Graeme

> sessions, and sdr the look for them.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
=============================================================================

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:31:37 +0200

[email-masked] said:
>  The daemon is called sdpd. You can make sure it doesn't get run by

What does this daemon do? (I have no SGI nearby to look for myself. )

/P

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:37:42 +0100 (BST)

> What does this daemon do? (I have no SGI nearby to look for myself. )

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/OnRamp/bin/sdpd [-d target-directory]

DESCRIPTION

     sdpd listens for multicast announcements on the network (as observed by
     the server), consolidates these announcements on a Web page, and makes
     them available to clients through the use of the .sdr mime type suffix.
     The sdpd server supports Mbone announcements of type SPD V1, SPD V2, and
     SGI Radio.

---

From: Tom Adriaansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:01:06 +0200

[email-masked] said:

> find / -name sdpb -print

> > > putting "off" into /etc/config/sdpd.

What IRIX are you speaking about? I looked in on my Indy, the Mbone router
with Irix 5.3 and on an O2 with Irix 6.3, but I can't find both the files
you are mentioning (neither /etc/config/sdpd, nor /usr/OnRamp/bin/sdpd).

Is this software installable from the standard disks, or where did you get
this software? With which of the Irix versions does it come (5.3 or 6.3)?

--

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:38:54 +0100 (BST)

> you are mentioning (neither /etc/config/sdpd, nor /usr/OnRamp/bin/sdpd).

My system is running 6.3.

> this software? With which of the Irix versions does it come (5.3 or 6.3)?

Yes. It is definitely in 6.3 and above and definitely not in 5.3. It may
be in 6.2; I am not sure. It is in the Internet Gateway Software
Environment 1.0 subsystem.