Subject: Unconfirmed break in the MBONE?

From: Dave Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 16:02:46 -0700

One of the listeners to Radio Free Vat on the East Coast seems to be
unable to hear broadcasts, yet her name appears on the Vat window. 

Standard investigation techniques (mrinfo) on my side seem to 
say everything is working. 

So this is not an outage report. Rather, I'll be broadcasting music
until at least 7PM PDT today. If any of you MBONE gurus out there
(from anywhere) could check in and see if you hear the music, I'd
appreciate it. Also, if only those who do -not- hear music could
send email to me, I'd be grateful. 

Thanks in advance.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email-masked] 
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off     
your goal.

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 07:49:34 +0300

> send email to me, I'd be grateful. 
The session announcement for Radio Free Vat is not visible in Finland
so there might be a break somewhere. Could you tell the source and
group addresses you are initiating your transmission from so I could
do a mtrace towards that?

Pete