Subject: multikit update: corrected URL; new mailing list; guest account(s) desired

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 02:19:05 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to those of you so far who have tested the "multikit" enhanced
multicast session browser.  More testers are always welcome; for more
information, please see "http://www.lvn.com/multikit/".
                                ^
                                |
NOTE: For now you apparently need to include the trailing "/" (my web
provider's site is misconfigured; I'll see if I can get this fixed).  My
apologies to those of you who got tripped up over this.

I hope to port the software to more Unix variants - especially SunOS,
Solaris and Linux.  Would anyone like to set up a guest account for me on
one or more of these platforms?

In other news, I've set up a new mailing list - "[email-masked]" -
as an open forum for discussion of multikit - e.g.,
        - Comments and discussions on various features of multikit,
including bug reports and suggestions for improvements
        - Announcements of new versions of multikit (or related software)
        - Announcements of new "invoked command" implementations, or of new
public services accessible from a multikit directory

To subscribe to the mailing list, send a message to
"[email-masked]", with the word
        subscribe
in the BODY of the message.

        Ross.