Subject: Newbie question

From: "Ismail Ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 00:37:21 -0300

Hello,

I'm new with this list and new with MBONE. My name is Ismail Ali and I'm
from TMnet, an ISP in Malaysia and we are interested of getting hook-up to
the MBONE network via any closer node. 

Currently we have a T3 via AT&T, soon 18E1s with MCI and another T3 via
Satellite with MCI. I guess we have enough bandwidth to carry MBONE traffic
at this point.

I need to know to which node I can tunnel to because AT&T said they willing
to carry the traffic across their backbone for us and currently they don't
have a node in their network.

Can anybody help me out with this matter ?

TIA.

---

From: Barry Raveendran Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:44:15 +0800

Hello Ismail,

Ideally, if you pull down from your AT&T link, you should get a tunnel from 
the AT&T backbone. This would be in AT&T's best interest.

Barry

---

From: "Ismail Ali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 03:04:40 -0300

Well, at the moment, AT&T asked me to tunnel to somewhere else first if we
need an immediate connectivity to MBONE. 

----------
> From: Barry Raveendran Greene <[email-masked]>
> To: 'Ismail Ali' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: Newbie question
> Date: Monday, October 06, 1997 3:44 AM
> 
> Hello Ismail,
>