Subject: VideoPix and Solaris

From: "Chris Robson (Senior Scientist)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:05:24 -0400 (EDT)

All

Is anyone using a VideoPix with Solaris 2.5.1?  Any insight before I start
pulling a machine apart would be appreciated.

thanks....chris

---

From: "Mark L. Fausett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:09:47 -0700

Yep;
I'm using the drivers from ftp://Playground.sun.com/pub/videopix/ 
to use it with Vic, you'll have to re-enable videopix support under
solaris -- it's normally not compiled in.
Further, the drivers are mildly broken under solaris -- you can't close
the 
device, and once you try, you'll not be able to reopen it again either. 
I hacked
a bit in the vic videopix driver and patched out the code which closes
the device,
and modified the code to only open the device once; thus, you can
start/stop 
reset settings and the like in vic without having to restart the
application.
I'll dig out those patches if you're still interested.
mf

(Mark Fausett, [email-masked])