Subject: VIC+SbusSunVideo

From: Mike Sawicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:23:25 -0500 (EST)

I just purchased a SunVideo Sbus card, and it works great.  There are
just a couple of questions I have.  1.) I have used VIC on SGI machines
in the past, and when transmit is clicked, it works instantly...with
the SunVideo card, it takes a lumbering 5 or 6 seconds to start, but
after that, all is well.  Is this normal?  I am using the card on an 
SS20 with 128M ram.  Do I need to change my shared memory settings at
all?

2.) Is there an application to just dump the video input to the
screen, like to watch TV.  VIC works for that, but since I have to
transmit to see myself, it is a waste of resources (obviously)..

Thanks for any help,

[ Mike Sawicki < f i f i at HAX d.o.t org >  *DIE SPAM BOTS!*  ]
[ UNIX Systems Administrator, Geek & USENET Destructor ......  ]
[ Advance Publications Internet / Phone:<201.459.2833> ......  ]
[ Inner-Lojik Networks / Phone:<732.396.8653> ...............  ]
[ url...http://people.lojik.net/fifi/ .......................  ]
[ PGP Key @ http://www.HAX.org/keys/fifikey.html ............  ]

 --- "i am AN hacker." ---