Subject: MBone flood again ?

From: Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:35:16 -0300 (EST)

Hi,

  It's not the first time this month, but today our mrouted was
using every CPU cycle available.  Also, system logs showed the
following:

...
Jul  8 21:49:12 gaia /kernel: ip_mforward: ip_mrouter socket queue full
Jul  8 21:49:43 gaia last message repeated 4186 times
Jul  8 21:51:44 gaia last message repeated 18828 times
Jul  8 21:52:12 gaia last message repeated 4681 times
...

And lots more of the same message.

This is a FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE, and I already have compiled a kernel
with this option:

options         "NMBCLUSTERS=8192"

Trying to give lots of mbufs to the system, but this did not solve
the problem.

Can somebody say if this is a local problem or a global one ?
The same thing happens when somebody floods unicast routes into
DVMRP.

  TIA,

					Jonny

PS: I stopped mrouted for a while.  I needed some CPU for something useful.  :)

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			[email-masked]
+55 21 290-4698 ( Job )			[email-masked]
Network Manager				UFRJ/COPPE/CISI
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro