Subject: Getting multicast bugs fixed for bay routers ?

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 21:03:22 +0100 (MET)

Hi

Can some kind person tell me a support address with a real_chance to
get multicast bugs with bay (wellfleet) routers fixed faster than
continental drift ?

[ I am asking this for a colleague who is using this kind of equipment,
  but who would probably be embarresed to ask this himself ;-)) ]

Thanks
-- 
Toerless Eckert
Universitaet Erlangen Nuernberg
RRZE / IMMD4
Martensstrasse 1
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
Tel.: +49 9131 85 7278
FAX: +49 9131 85 8732
[email-masked]
/C=De/A=D400/P=Uni-Erlangen/OU=Informatik/S=Eckert/G=Toerless/

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:53:54 +0200 (EET)

>   but who would probably be embarresed to ask this himself ;-)) ]
Maybe you should point him to talk to your local Cisco account team
and see if they are interested in 'upgrading' the equipment. (and
'fixing' at least some of the bugs in the interim)

Pete

---

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:38:14 -0800 (PST)

>   but who would probably be embarresed to ask this himself ;-)) ]

	I have a really good back door to get to Bay engineers, 
unfortunately, it's not something I can give out. If you'd like me to, 
I'll be glad to pass the bugs along and hopefully get your friend in 
direct contact. 

						Jim

	Jim Martin			Internet: [email-masked]
	InteropNet Engineering		Fax: (415) 372-6799 
	Softbank Expos			Phone: (415) 372-6750

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:57:50 -0800 (PST)

>   but who would probably be embarresed to ask this himself ;-)) ]

There are a WHOLE bunch notes about fixes to DVMRP in the Release Notes for
11.0rel4, which is the latest "release" code (at least as of a couple weeks
ago). If your friend has a support contract with Bay, he should be able to get
the updated code by calling Tech Support. If he doen't, I don't know what to
tell you...

I have a BCN that I have been trying to set up as our MBone router. If anyone
has successfully done this, any pointers that you could offer would be
appreciated (things like optimal settings settings for Forward Cache sizes for
tunnels, etc). Or if it's a lost cause, I'd like to know too... (no comments
like "get a Cisco" either...I also have a Cisco 7505 for which I am still
searching for the Rosetta Stone I need to translate the Cisco PIM setup
docs...).

Mark Ganzer          Naval Command, Control & Ocean Surveillance Center,
[email-masked]      RDT&E Div (NRaD), Code 4123,  San Diego, CA
Ph: (619) 553-1186   FAX: (619) 553-4808

---

From: "Matthew V. J. Whalen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:10:12 -0500

>'fixing' at least some of the bugs in the interim)

Yes, then you at least get pretty reasonable ways to configure the
router too (unless you were using BCC instead of Site Mangler).
Of course the bad side of that would be introducing all the Cisco
OSPF, BGP, ATM, etc. bugs.

-matthew
[email-masked]
Shop as usual...........................and avoid panic buying