Subject: Closed Caption for hearing impaired

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 16:46:37 -0500 (EST)

Anyone worked out (or thought of) a way to see closed caption on video 
applications like VIC or NV.  

tks...chris

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 15:59:16 +0100 (MET)

> applications like VIC or NV.  

Sure. Technically it's not so much of a problem, but if it really belongs into
vic or nv is the real question. Both of them are considered to be video
only so far and an additional text channel might be considered to be
more appropriate for a separate application, like audio is being handled too
with vat or the like).

Implementationwise the two framegrabber cards which are likely to be a
good starting pointto include close caption decoding are the VigraPix and
the SlicVideo, both of which are supported in vic2.7. I'll personally try
to do it with the VigraPix, but we first have to get a european teletext
decoder written for that (american CC is already in their library).

Best regards
	toerless