Subject: Re: IP Mcast per-source pruning - MS what to do?

From: "Matthew G. Harrigan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 10:27:40 -0700

>Maybe Jim Gremmel could help by determining the best
>channel for network administrators to address this as a concern
>with MS. 

I dont think the issues are clearly defined enough for MS to 
set expectation standards specifically for network administrators 
yet. Since they are such a large entity, perhaps better approach would
be for them to setup a channel to take direct overall input from reseachers,
developers, and admins (its not as if they are lacking resources). They
might even think about releasing a newsletter, and in addition ... holding
an mbone conference. They need to get a grip on the fact that without direct 
interaction with people that know more about this than they do, it is highly
likely they will be left in the dust (or at least spend more later getting
up to speed). 

Download that from your screen to your watch.

Matt

Matthew G. Harrigan		cisco Systems
Internet Systems Engineer	[email-masked]
				408-527-3852 (x63582)

---

From: "Amancio Hasty Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:23:42 -0700

>>> "Matthew G. Harrigan" said:
 > 

Well, MS BARC, Microsoft's Bay Area Research Center or at least one
of its members are on the mbone list so if we post on the list
exactly what they need to do, it may stand a chance for the fixes to going
in .

Oh, I am not part of BARC .

	Amancio