Subject: the highest quality audio in mbone

From: "Kyungran Kang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:05:08 +0900

Hello everyone!!

I'd like to know what is the highest quality audio in mbone.
In case of vat, I think pcm shows the best quality.

Have you ever tested any other format such as mpeg audio 
in mbone?

We tried to add mpeg audio support on vat but it seems to need
a lot of additional works. Have you ever tried? Did you make it?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Kyungran Kang

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:00:57 +0300 (EEST)

> a lot of additional works. Have you ever tried? Did you make it?
The MBone itself does not include a limitation for audio quality but
I haven't yet seen an application that would support beyond two
channel MPEG audio.

Pete