Subject: Question: Will "Multicast Kernel 3.5/ Mrouted 3.8 for Solaris 2.4" work for Solaris 2.6 ?

From: Khris Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:46:01 -0400

Anyone has experience on trying "Multicast Kernel 3.5/ Mrouted 3.8 for
Solaris 2.4" on Solaris 2.6 ?
The installation script threw me out once it detects I have 5.6
(Solaris2.6).
It's easy to cheat the installation script, but don't know if it will
screw up the kernel.

Thanks
Khris

---

From: Sangeeta Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

> It's easy to cheat the installation script, but don't know if it will

If you have Solaris 2.6 machine, all you need is to retreive the
mrouted tarfile, from playground.sun.com:/pub/multicast, and install
that.

Shipped Solaris 2.6 contains "Multicast Kernel 3.5". 
So there is no need for kernel patches