Subject: Cisco DVMRP bug announced today

From: Jimmy Kyriannis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:24:41 -0500

Just as an FYI, Cisco announced this DVMRP bug for IOS 10.x and 11.x:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         ID: 85263
Feature-set: dvmrp
      Title: DVMRP route-limit counts DVMRP and unicast routes seperately
   Reported: 10.2(?) 10.3(?) 11.0(?) 11.1(?) 11.2(?)
 Integrated:
   Severity: 2
      State: A

  In some cases, a cisco may advertise a combination of Unicast/DVMRP routes
  in excess of the configured route-limit (but no more that 2*limit). Only
  workaround is to configure a lower limit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the recommended IOS version for use on the MBONE nowadays?  Is the
latest version of 11.0 sufficiently stable, or has the community decided
that 11.1 or greater is really the way to go?

Jimmy