Subject: Multicast monitoring tools

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:50:33 -0400 (EDT)

I think I remember seeing something about mbone monitoring tools someone 
had developed and announced just the other day.  My mail was trashed so I 
lost it.  Does anyone remember or have info on this?

...chris

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:19:45 +0100 (BST)

> lost it.  Does anyone remember or have info on this?

It was probably MView. Here is the announcement from Merit:

We at Merit have been developing a GUI front-end to diagnostic utilities 
such as mrinfo, mtrace, mstat, and mrtree.  An initial alpha-release version 
is now available for ftp, so we can solicit some feedback on what else it 
might do, what could be better, etc.

Some examples of things you can do with it now:
   Produce postscript maps of a limited area
   Display a map of a partial packet distribution tree for a specific
group
   Monitor packet rates at a set of SNMP-capable nodes 
   (etc)

Online docs are available at:
   http://www.merit.edu/~mbone/mviewdoc/Welcome.html

Source and binaries (SunOS,Solaris,Alpha,HP) are available in the
directory:
   ftp://ftp.merit.edu/net-research/mbone/mview

Send feedback to:
   [email-masked]

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: Magnus Danielson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 17:29:15 +0200

> lost it.  Does anyone remember or have info on this?

It was the alpha release of MView.

Here it is:

Some examples of things you can do with it now:
   Produce postscript maps of a limited area
   Display a map of a partial packet distribution tree for a specific group
   Monitor packet rates at a set of SNMP-capable nodes 
   (etc)

Send feedback to:
   [email-masked]

Magnus