Subject: Mbone toolset integration, SDR

From: Christiaan Balke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:28:07 +0100

Hallo,

At the Utrecht University, computational physics group, we are working
in the REMOT project to build a virtual control room for
plasma physici. (see http://www.fys.ruu.nl/~wwwfi/remot/REMOT_main.html)
We are using and testing a few Mbone tools and have a 
question to this list.

The question is about  the "Conference Bus" as described in the
article:
    "vic: A flexible framework for packet video" :1995

 In section 4.6 it is said that the LBL group is working on an
integrated
interface for a set of mbone tools. This idea is very usefull in our
project. At the moment a conference session uses a whole screen full
with windows from standalone applications and we are thinking of 
writing a common user interface for a (more or less) complete set of
tools (audio, video, whiteboard). It would help us a great deal if we
could use what is already available.
Does anybody know  some more of this project and how it is working?

We are also looking for the source code of SDR. Any Pointers?
Thanks

Hartelijke groeten 

Christiaan

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
   A.C. Balke	|			E-mail : [email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-			Tel :    +31-030-2534504  	
   			 		FAX    : +31-302537555
   WWW : http://www.fys.ruu.nl/~balke/chris_home_pers.html    
   Department of Physics & Astronomy, Utrecht University         
   Post box 80.000, 3508 TA Utrecht, The Netherlands.            
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ><> =-