Subject: vic with Miro DC30+ ?

From: Ronan KERYELL <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:42:28 +0100

Does somebody have experience with vic and a Miro DC30+ card
(http://www.miro.com/e/e2-products/e24-digitalvideo/vdc30plus.html)?

It looks interesting for us because it is a PCI card with SECAM video
format support (hello from France :-) ), sound, S-VHS, etc.
If it could run with vic (with Win95 or NT presumably), it should be
great even if the card is a little bit expensive.

We've tried with a DC20TD and it works.

I do not know how tools like vat or rat can deal with the sound input
from a video card. I guess that it relies on the system drivers to
deal with...

Thank you,
-- 
    Ronan KERYELL
    Centre de Recherche en Informatique
    de l'École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris (CRI-ENSMP)
    35, Rue Saint-Honoré
    77305 FONTAINEBLEAU CEDEX
    FRANCE                               Tel:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.48.44
                                         Fax:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.47.09
                                         E-mail: [email-masked]
                                         http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~keryell

---

From: Jong Kuk Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 97 16:01:20 -0500

Hello. Isidor Kouvelas..
this is Raphael Lee(Jong Kuk Lee).

> From: Isidor Kouvelas          \ Internet:    ([email-masked])
> To:   Jong Kuk Lee             \ Internet:    ([email-masked].
kr)
> Subject: Re: vic with Miro DC30+ ?
> >  Where is vic 5.0?
> vic5 is part of mash:
> http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/mash/
> >  Miro20+  works on vic. but Miro 30+ doesn't works on vic.
> I do not think vic5 will solve your problem as it probably has my code
> unmodified for windows grabbing.

- No.. this problem is not solved.... 
   Port of Vic's sub-menu (for frame grabber) has only External-In.
   It has to get 'S-Video, Composite'.

  So.. This problem is not solved...

Thank you.