Subject: UK/European Feed

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 06:44:08 +0000 (GMT)

Since we got absolutly no response from anyone when we requested a UK 
feed I take it that either no-one has an Mbone feed or wants to give one!!!

So for the record if anyone does want an UK Mbone feed they can get it 
from us. 

Rgds

Mike O'BradY
Tech Support
ON-NET

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:36:22 +0100 (BST)

> So for the record if anyone does want an UK Mbone feed they can get it 

I am almost certain I saw a response to a contact at your company telling
you how to go about getting a connection.

There are currently two possible places where such a request could be
made: BTNet or UKERNA both of whom provide connections to the MBone.
However, you should speak to your provider who should coordinate this on
your behalf.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: Nigel Titley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 10:56:10 +0100

> However, you should speak to your provider who should coordinate this on

Yes, I responded offering to talk to your service provider. I got no response 
that I am aware of.

Nigel

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigel Titley  --- BTnet
E-mail: [email-masked]            Tel: +44 1442 237674
"Well I'm disenchanted too, we're all disenchanted." (James Thurber)

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:02:56 +0000 (GMT)

> you how to go about getting a connection.

At our company? Hmm. I am the technical contact at our company.

> However, you should speak to your provider who should coordinate this on
I haven't tried BT (nor have they responed to requests in these mailing 
lists). I tried UKERNA but they dont want to give us a Feed. Not being 
academic.
I never imagined it would be SO hard to get an UK mbone feed... to 
anyone...

Rgds
Mike