Subject: presentation materials into multicast stream?

From: Ian Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:16:22 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to take PowerPoint slides (or other electronic documents) and
insert them into a session. I would prefer to get them into a low frame-rate
vic stream but only because there is no wb for Win95/NT yet.

I can think of some pretty ugly ways to do this but nothing elegant (ie.
completely software based) comes to mind.

How have other sites performed this or a similar feat efficiently?

-- 
  Ian Reddy, Senior Systems Consultant  E-mail:    [email-masked]
  Academic Computing Services, AD1021              [email-masked]
  Simon Fraser University               Telephone: (604) 291-3936
  Burnaby, B.C. Canada V5A 1S6          Fax:       (604) 291-4242

---

From: "John M. Zwiebel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:42:16 -0700

Put your slides on to the web and have the receivers use netscape.
Or make a postscript version and use ghostview.

I prefer the first option.

It's "almost" as good as a handout -- maybe better.

z

I think I heard you say....

    I would like to take PowerPoint slides (or other electronic documents) and
    insert them into a session. I would prefer to get them into a low frame-rat
	e
    vic stream but only because there is no wb for Win95/NT yet.

    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	John Zwiebel                       Phone: 408-526-5303
	Cisco Systems Inc.                 Fax:   
	Multimedia Group                   Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 09:47:37 +0300 (EEST)

> How have other sites performed this or a similar feat efficiently?
Precept's IP/TV contains a feature called 'slidecast' which transmits
slides which codec of your choice from a captured region on a Wintel
PC.

This goes for all applications, obviously including Powerpoint and is
also software version independent.

Pete