Subject: [email-masked] sending 400kb/s nv video

From: Van Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 96 19:00:20 PDT

You may not be aware that the nv video that you are currently
sending to your "NUDITY" sd session (224.2.175.79/62961) is
going to over 20,000 machines all over the world.  You are
sending at 400kb/s.  The *total* bandwidth available to the
MBone is only 500kb/s so you are using 80% of it.  The mbone is
rate limited at 500kb/s so when one session uses unreasonable
amounts of bandwidth, it cause packet losses for all active
sessions.  The mbone usage guidelines say that no session should
send more than 128kb/s of video & much less if possible.  They
also suggest that, since the mbone is a heavily shared resource,
you not send video unnecesarily.  Please be careful with the nv
bandwidth sliders and the ttl on your session.  Thanks.

 - Van Jacobson

---

From: [email-masked] (Kurt Kayser)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:43:15 +0200

Hi!

> bandwidth sliders and the ttl on your session.  Thanks.

Did somebody record it or was it any good? ;-)

Kurt
--
Kurt Kayser <http://www.ecrc.de/staff/kurt/> => Tel. +49 89 926 99148
ECRC European Computer Research Centre       => Fax. +49 89 926 99170
Arabellastr. 17, 81925 Munich, Germany       => E-Mail: [email-masked]