Subject: BOOK: "MBone: Interactive Multimedia on the Internet"

From: [email-masked] (Don Brutzman)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 14:43:59 -0800 (PST)

Unsolicited plug:  this is a great book!  I recommend it for anyone interested
in using the MBone.  Besides providing a thorough overview of key topics,
Vinay's chapter "System Administrator's Guide to the MBone" covers a lot of
advanced concepts and tools clearly in one place.

Kumar, Vinay, _MBone: Interactive Multimedia on the Internet_, New Riders
Publishing, Indianapolis Indiana, 1996.  ISBN 1-56205-397-3.
(U.S.) Library of Congress QA76.76.I59K85 

Of course Vinay's page is at http://www.best.com/~prince/techinfo/mbone.html
New Riders is at http://www.mcp.com/newriders
List price on the back $32 USA/$44 Canada/29.49 UK

I'm making a public recommendation because the book is a tremendous resource 
that has not been discussed much on the lists.  I found it very useful.

all the best, Don
-- 
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code UW/Br Root 200  work 408.656.2149
              Monterey California 93943-5000 USA              fax  408.656.3679
Virtual worlds/underwater robots/Internet http://www.stl.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman

---

From: Mike Macedonia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:34:20 +30000

I agree with Don. Vinay did a fine job. I bought two copies for the office.
Got them at Computer Literacy.

- Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------
| Michael R. Macedonia, Ph.D.  	| URL:   http://www.crcg.edu	|
| Vice President		| EMAIL: [email-masked]	|
| Fraunhofer CRCG 		|				|
| 167 Angell Street 		| PH :   (+1) 401 453-6363	|
| Providence, RI 02906		| FAX:   (+1) 401 453-0444	|
-----------------------------------------------------------------