Subject: Map repository?

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:38:34 -0400 (EDT)

I haven't seen anything recently on new (spatial) maps on the MBone
topology.  The last and most useful map I've seen was down on May 11, 1994,
by Steve Casner (surprise!).  For those who haven't seen it, it has a
breakdown of the number of routers per country and shows basic international
connectivity.  I'd provide a pointer if it weren't so outdated.

   Has anyone taken the time to create an updated map?

-Kevin Almeroth

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:56:08 -0400

>    Has anyone taken the time to create an updated map?

There was an impressive looking animated 3d world map of the MBONE
shown during the technical plenary presentations at the last IETF
meeting; unfortunately, I didn't catch the name of the presenter..

It had links shown, perhaps appropriately, as ballistic trajectories
between sites...

						- Bill

---

From: Magnus Danielson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:08:18 +0200

> It had links shown, perhaps appropriately, as ballistic trajectories

I'v saw this thing when Bill Fenner just got it home... really neat thing :)
He's involved for sure.

Magnus

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 96 19:21:04 +0100

>It had links shown, perhaps appropriately, as ballistic trajectories

It was Kim Claffy that made an excellent presentation.
There's a web page  <http://www.nlanr.net/Viz/Mbone/> which gives 
lots of information and pictures.

Mark

---

From: [email-masked] (Ravi Puvvala)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill, 

> It had links shown, perhaps appropriately, as ballistic trajectories

The site name is www.nlanr.net/
To choose the visual presentation page, choose infortmation presentation
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Name of the presenter is K C Claffy 

-- 
Ravi Puvvala 				  Advanced Computer Communications (ACC)
"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy"