Subject: MBone tunnel and FreeBSD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:28:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I have a FreeBSD machine running mrouted with a tunnel to my MBone
provider. Every thing works as expected. However, at certain times I'd
like to restrict the multicast transmissions to this machine ONLY. That
is, I don't want the multicast packets to leave this machine and appear on
the other machines also on this network. How do I do this???

Regards nand

---

From: Christopher Samuel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:47:39 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, 
	[email-masked] writes:

> That is, I don't want the multicast packets to leave this machine
> and appear on the other machines also on this network. How do I do
> this???

Try something like:

phyint fxp0 disable

in /etc/mrouted.conf, where fxp0 is the name of the ethernet interface
you want to prevent multicast traffic escaping on.

best of luck!
Chris
-- 
 Christopher Samuel        +44 1684 894644        [email-masked]
 N-115,  Defence Evaluation & Research Agency, St Andrews Road, Malvern, UK
 DISCLAIMER: The views expressed above are entirely those of the author and
  do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any other entity.

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:19:45 -0400

>the other machines also on this network. How do I do this???

Try setting the ttl to zero in the applications.

Mark