Subject: Join our Distributed Interactive Game experiments

From: Laurent GAUTIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:54:22 +0200

Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback on MiMaze.
The experiment sessions are this week.
If you want to participate, look at http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/MiMaze/exp/
************************************************
* You have to download the last release (2.2b1)
* Older versions won't work.
************************************************

Thanks, and Enjoy MiMaze!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have developed at INRIA a Distributed multiplayer Game named MiMaze (see
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/MiMaze/ for details).

The main inovation in MiMaze is that it uses no server and it gains from using
multicast communication thru the MBone.

MiMaze main feature are: distributed synchronization, dead-reckoning, collision
resolution, unreliable transmission using RTP/UDP/IP multicast.

At this time, we would like to analyze the behavior of our application with
a large number of players and with many different network delays.

We have scheduled two experimental game sessions during which we will collect
data: October 28 and 30

We would appreciate if you could participate to one of these experimentation
sessions. It will take you a little bit of time, but it will be worth it !

You can find details on the MiMaze experimentation campaign on
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/MiMaze/exp/

Thanks, and Enjoy MiMaze!

-- 
  ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
  O  Laurent GAUTIER                  0  E-Mail:                          O
  O                                   0   [email-masked] O
  O  INRIA Sophia Antipolis (France)  0  Phone:  (33) 4 93.65.76.10       O
  O  RODEO Laboratory                 0  Fax:    (33) 4 93.65.77.65       O
  ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

---

From: "W. Garth Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:48:40 -0500

Laurent,

Did I misread your requirment page or is it the case you have no Windows
95/NT support? I would think this would severly limit your base of
players.

    > Hardware        OS
>                      
>        Sun   Solaris 2.5 or higher
>        Sun   Sun OS4
>        PC    Linux 2.0.30 or higher
>        PC    FreeBSD 2.2.2 or higher
>        SGI   Irix 6.2 or higher
>        DEC   Osf V3.2D-2 or higher

-- 

W. Garth Smith

MetaVR, Inc.
37 Elm Street
Brookline, MA 02146-6813

URL:    http://www.metavr.com
e-mail: [email-masked]
phone:  617-739-2667 (static)
phone:  617-967-0155 (mobile)

---

From: "Peter H. Tebault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:27:23 -0800

<WARNING: SEVERE REALITY^H^H^H^H^H^H^H SARCASM MODE ON>

No, it would just mean that one would get more intelligent players who could
give more lucid feedback on problems, because they would be more likely to know
what is going on.

</SEVERE SARCASM>

-Pete-

-- 
=============================================
Peter H. Tebault, Student - [email-masked]
fax 510 440 1770 ------ 1996 Neon Sport Coupe
=============================================