Subject: The "mbone experiment", IPMI and the Internet Multicast Channel

From: Martin Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 10:20:40 -0700

I wanted to follow up on Steve Casner's email at the end
of July to this list and the "mbone experiment" thread of 
discussion.

The Internet Multicast Channel project that Steve referenced
in his email is progressing. We're still in the draft planning
stages but when we get to a point where the plan is more
coherent I'll share some of the details with this list.

Everything we're trying to do with this project is in sync
with recent conversations on this list (other than the
pornography discussion!). Working with ISP's, product vendors
and content providers, we're looking to embrace the
technical issues and business requirements in a phased
project and break some of the chicken and egg problems
associated with broader IP Multicast deployment on the
Internet.

More soon...

Martin
+---------------------------------------------------------+
|  Martin Hall                Pager: 408.787.4860         |
|  STARDUST TECHNOLOGIES      http://www.stardust.com     |
|  1901 S. Bascom Ave, #333   Phone: 408.879.8080         |
|  Campbell, CA 95008         Fax:   408.879.8081         |
+---------------------------------------------------------+