Subject: 28000 DVMRP Routes on the MBONE

From: Doug Junkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 07:42:19 -0800 (PST)

It appears that someone is injecting the unicast routing table into the
MBONE again.  Here's the top of a "show ip dvmrp route" command from one
of out multicast routers:

seamr2-gw#sh ip dvmrp route
DVMRP Routing Table - 28933 entries

All of the routes our coming from our DVMRP feed from University of
Washington who, in turn, gets their feed from MCI in Sacremento.  UW runs
mrouted on a box that doesn't have the full routing table so the routes
are originating somewhere in MCI or beyond

- Doug

 /  Douglas A. Junkins    |   Network Engineering        \
/   Network Engineer      |   NorthWestNet                \
\   [email-masked]     |   Bellevue, Washington, USA   /
 \  (206)649-7419         |                              /

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 08:00:00 PST

It was a misconfigured Cisco in Belgium.  I tracked it down and they
disconnected themselves until they figure out how to configure it properly.

When this happens, it's usually a worldwide problem, so there's probably
no benefit to restricting discussion to the mbone-na list; you should use
the global mbone mailing list.

  Bill