Subject: [Q] Having trouble getting....

From: The Unseen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 06:38:31 -0400

the multicast release 3.5 distribution to compile in with Sun's HME
Fast Ethernet driver version 2.0.  I can compile either one seperately
but not together. If I try to get both into the same kernel I get:

_addmultiaddr
_delmultiaddr

unresolved symbols when loading the kernel...  Any suggestions?  Maybe
someone has a working kernel src tree?  Maybe even someone has a working
vmunix?

Many thanks in advance,

Ian Dickens

Email: - home - [email-masked]
Email: - work - [email-masked]

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 07:36:12 PDT

The multicast distribution requires multicast ethernet drivers as well.
You can either ask Sun for a multicast version of the HME driver, or ask
them for the source code and follow the directions in the README for
adding multicast to the driver.

If you want to compile the kernel and you don't mind not having multicast
available on the HME devices, you can put in stubs for addmultiaddr and
delmultiaddr; there were some instructions for this posted to the MBone
mailing list quite a while ago, related to FDDI drivers.

  Bill