Subject: ftp ?

From: "Jesus Maria Arango - Ing. Comunicaciones FSM LTDA." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:29:11 +0500 (GMT)

I know this question doesn't have to do anything with the mbone but I just
thought that you guys could be of help.

Lots of times its happening to me that I try to use the browser (MS.
Explorer) to download a file via "ftp://" and it hangs on forever as soon
as I click on a file in the list. Inmideately I open an ftp command window
an try to download the same file and works great. Users on other ISPs
don't have this problem.

What could be happening if the protocol is supposed to be the same?

  *****************************************
  *             Jesus Arango              *
  *      Ingeniero de Comunicaciones      *
  *  Supernet - FSM LTDA. - Cablesistema  *
  *        E-Mail: [email-masked]        *
  *       Internic POC Handle: JA406      *
  *          Tel: (574) 268-9000          *
  *          Fax: (574) 268-1281          *
  ****************************************

---

From: Mobasshar Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:48:03 +0000 (GMT)

> What could be happening if the protocol is supposed to be the same?

Try switching to Netscape...

----------------------<i-Exchange   The Internet Peering Point>--------------
i-Exchange	http://www.i-exchange.co.uk
MBONE		http://www.i-exchange.co.uk/mbone
Tel:		++44-181-256-9990	Fax:	++44-181-288-0222