Subject: Reliable Multicast Comparison

From: "Brian DeCleene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:43:02 -0400

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to collect a list of all available _reliable_
multicast implementations together with a summary of their functionality.  This
can be found at

	http://www.tascnets.com/mist/doc/mcpCompare.html

I am primarily focusing on transport layer protocols that have actually been
implemented and are available, in some fashion, for others to use/test.  For
some of the protocols that I have stumbled upon, I have taken an initial pass
at trying to capture their key characteristics from the literature that I've
read.

Please take a moment and review the protocol list (particularlly if you are an
author of a reliable multicast protocol) and let me know if of any corrections
that need to be made; preferably using the experimental registration form
listed in the document (if it doesn't work, let me know). Also, if you know of
any additional protocols please let me know along with any additional
information that you can provide.

Thanks,
--- Brian DeCleene
    [email-masked]