Subject: camera for mbone use

From: Richard Sloan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 09:53:22 +0100 (BST)

Can anyone recommend or suggest a video camera for use with a Linux
workstation running MBone apps ?

Richard Sloan                                   Email: [email-masked]

Network Engineering                             http://www.uk.uu.net
UUNET UK

---

From: Piete Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 12:38:47 +0100

> workstation running MBone apps ?

You need to ask the question somewhat more carefully ...
To get video input, you need a camera and a video capture device.
We have two somewhat different setups with somewhat different price tags ...

If you want something for your own workstation to get a shot of yourself,
something like a QuickCam will do fine.
They are very cheap (mono or colour) and plug directly into the parallel
connector.

Alternatively, if you want to do transmission of conferences and the like,
you probably want a real frame grabber card (we use Matrox Meteor) and a
std video camera (or camcorder).