Subject: Problem with IOS 11.0.4

From: Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 15:30:00 -0500

I'm having a problem using multicast routing with IOS 11.0.4, running on a
Cisco 7000.

For a group which I know has traffic (the NASA video feed), only a few packets 
per minute actually arrive on my network.  If I do "show ip igmp group" I see
hosts on my local Ethernet properly joined, so no surprises there.
And if I do "show ip mroute 224.2.135.224", I see the (G,*) entry which
correctly lists every interface on which there are listening members,
and I also see (G,S) pairs for every sending pair.  If I do "clear ip mroute",
all of this information is relearned almost instantly.

This all leads me to believe that its working correctly, except the packets
never get forwarded to my local Ethernet, nor downstream DVMRP tunnels,
nor downstream GRE tunnels.

However, if I manually join the group with "int e 2/0" and "ip igmp join x.x.x.x",
it works.  The router also correctly forwards down DVMRP and GRE tunnels
in this case.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Once I manually join the group,
I get quite reasonable traffic (loss < 5%).

Any help is much appreciated.

-- arlie