Subject: sdr,vat,vic and RTP

From: Dave Pascoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 13:14:24 -0400 (EDT)

We're running sdr here now and in looking for the latest versions I've
found that the master site is no longer reachable:

Master site: ftp://ftp.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdr/

1) Anyone know the new master site?

2) The version of sdr we have works but I haven't stumbled across the
right .sd.tcl mods that will make vat and vic launch with the format 0
audio and format 31 video (I can manually launch them with -r).  I'd just
like vic/vat to do the right thing from sdr whether the audio/video is in
the new format RTP or not.  I haven't hacked Tcl much and couldn't find
.sd.tcl mods in the usual places. 

Thanks in advance,

Dave Pascoe    [email-masked]   http://www.mathworks.com
KM3T           508-647-7362         FAX: 508-647-7002

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 11:06:58 PDT

>1) Anyone know the new master site?

ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdr/ is the master site; I just got the
2.2a9 binaries from there this morning.

>audio and format 31 video (I can manually launch them with -r).

You just need a newer version.  Unfortunately, I misplaced my SecurID
card so I can't update my mirror right away.  Maybe I will find it tonight.

  Bill

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 96 21:17:33 +0100

>1) Anyone know the new master site?

The master site has not changed.

The correct URL is:
ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdr/

Mirror sites are listed there for sites with bad connectivity to the UK.

>.sd.tcl mods in the usual places. 

Neither .sdr.tcl nor .sd.tcl is relevant for tool configuration in
later versions of sdr (the current alpha release is 2.2a9).  The
config mechanism has changed considerably, and allows sdr to be much
smarter about discovering whether appropriate tools are installed.
See the built-in help for more details.  If you absolutely have to run
an old (pre-sdr2.2) version I can give you a .sdr.tcl file if you mail
me directly.

Mark

---

From: Roy Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 09:14:40 +0100

Dave

too much ftp :-)

 >KM3T           508-647-7362         FAX: 508-647-7002

Best wishes
Roy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roy Bennett, Project Manager, MERCI
Computer Science                           Phone: +44 171 380 7934
University College London                  Fax:   +44 171 387 1397
Gower Street, LONDON WC1E 6BT              Email: [email-masked]
--------- URL http://www-dept.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/R.Bennett ------------