Subject: duplicate prune warning....

From: "YanChing Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:40:43 -0500

Hi there, I believe somebody there can help me on this:

I just turned on the tunnel between two SGIs, and I got this constant
complaining of something like:

4D:fred mrouted[189]: warning - duplicate prune received on vif 4 from
134.67.155.16 for (192.9.9.0 224.2.0.1)/4681 old timer: 31 cur gm: 0

What does this mean?

The new tunnel machine is SGI Indy with IRIX 5.3 (134.67.155.16 as shown
above), and another tunnel machine is a SGI RealityEngine with R3000 CPU.

Any help is appreciated.  And please reply to my address directly, I am
currently not on the mbone mailing list.

YanChing Zhang

-- 

*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
| Dr. YanChing Q. Zhang,  Principal Scientific Application Analyst   |
| Lockheed Martin Technical Services            _____________________|
| U.S. EPA Scientific Visualization Center      | [email-masked] |
| Box 14365, MS24, Bldg 4501, 79 Alexander Dr.  | Tel: 919 541-4544  |
| Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709  | Fax: 919 541-0056  |
*--------------------------------------------------------------------*