Subject: Solaris 2.6

From: Petr Kral <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:27:19 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,
I've just got box with Solaris 2.6, nowhere in documentation is some remark
about IGMP v2 support for Solaris 2.6. What is current status of support
for mbone on Solaris 2.6. Does it mean that some modified version of
multicast3.5+ will be needed and what about mrouted. I thought to convert
to 2.6 in very near future (tommorow:-)) but without mbone it's headache.

                                          Petr Kral
                                         CESnet NOC, CZ

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

> to 2.6 in very near future (tommorow:-)) but without mbone it's headache.

I don't know why this doesn't show up in the feature lists (e.g. 
http://www.sun.com/solaris/revguide/closerlook.html) but it is present in
the code.

2.6 does contain IGMPv2 (and the multicast3.5+ kernel code).
It does not include mrouted - you can pick that up from 
	ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/multicast/mrouted3.8-Solaris2.6.tar.gz 

  Erik

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Michel)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

mrouted 3.9 beta2 compiles out of the box. It's over at PARC's ftp site.

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

Erik