Subject: Video card

From: Christophe ORLHAC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:09:06 +0200

Hi,

I have a Wintv model 447 and I am looking for drivers for this card.

The problem is that this card starts always in black and white mode when
I launch vic and some other tools under windows. :-((

The manufacturer, Hauppauge, says this bug is not fixed yet. Do you know
some unofficials drivers which are able to run in color under windows ?
Is there any drivers for linux or free bsd ?

Thanks.

Christophe. :-)

---

From: "Alan J. Flavell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:56:01 +0100 (BST)

> I have a Wintv model 447 and I am looking for drivers for this card.

I've been using a WinTV - I don't know exactly which model

> I launch vic and some other tools under windows. :-((

Perhaps it selected the wrong colour system (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) or has
the wrong style of video input selected (YC versus composite video).
Either of these can result in the card apparently working in mono.

If I bring up the video control panel (either via the vc command
distributed with vic, or via the menus of netmeeting) and select the
correct options, then they remain correctly selected afterwards.

> some unofficials drivers which are able to run in color under windows ?

To be honest, I don't know exactly which BT848 driver is active on my
PC.  After trying several different video cards with their software,
and getting the various installers telling me I already have a newer
version of the Bt848 driver installed, I lost track of which was
which. 

If I can help you personally, contact me by email next week when I'm
back at the lab, and I'll see what I can do.  If we get any good
answers we can report them back to the list.

---

From: Amancio Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 07:48:34 -0700

Find out what chipset the board uses , if it uses a bt878 then our 
FreeBSD driver will work with the card 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:36:32 +0200

Hi all,

The black/white problem with WinTV seems only to affect the 447 model (with 
the "integrated" camera = they f*d up the S-Video connector to only work with 
their bundled camera).

I have a lot of different models here and all (that I have tried) but that 
specific model works with Vic and mStar Pro.

/P