Subject: Call for Presenters

From: "Paul G. Mallasch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:29:15 -0500

Greetings-

We're putting together a workshop that includes a session on reliable
multicast with specific interest in RM over satellite communications links.
 I would encourage anyone interested in the future of satellite
communications to attend and/or present.

Web page:  http://ctd.lerc.nasa.gov/events/5610/Workshop.html

Satellite Networks: Architectures, Applications, and Technologies
A Workshop Sponsored by NASA Lewis Research Center

June 2-4, 1998
Location: Sheraton Airport Hotel 
(Near the Airport and NASA LeRC, easy access to downtown) 
Cleveland, Ohio

ABSTRACT
Global satellite networks are moving to the forefront in enhancing the
national and global information infrastructures due to communication
satellites’ unique networking characteristics.  Simultaneously, the
broadband data services are emerging as the major market driver for future
satellite and terrestrial networks.  The convergence of satellite and
terrestrial networks is widely acknowledged as the foundation for an
efficient global information infrastructure.  In the past two years, around
the globe various task forces and working groups have identified pivotal
topics and key issues to be addressed for the realization of such networks
in a timely fashion.  In response,  efforts have been undertaken by
industry, government, and academia in addressing these topics and issues.
There is a need to assess the progress made to date and chart the future.

This workshop will provide the forum to assess the current
state-of-the-art, identify key issues, and highlight the emerging trends in
the next generation architectures, data protocol development, communication
interoperability, and applications.  Presentations on overview,
state-of-the-art in research, development, deployment and applications and
future trends on following topics are solicited as related to satellite
networks.

Next Generation Space-based Network Architectures
Internet and Intranets
Web-Based and Multimedia Applications
Emerging Broadband Applications
Aeronautical Applications and Architectures
NASA Applications of Satellite Communication Networks
ATM - Quality of Service, Traffic Management, PNNI
Access Techniques (e.g. ALOHA, TDMA, etc.)
Advanced Protocol Design and Experimentation (TCP/IP)
Reliable and Real-Time Multicasting
Interoperability: Space-to-space, Space-to-ground (wireless and wired) and
Space-to ground (wireless and wired)
Mobility Issues
Standard Issues and Development
Security and Electronic Commerce
Hybrid Video/Data/Voice Format Networks
Enabling Space and Ground System Technologies 
Network Management 
Network Modeling, Simulation and Performance Evaluation

Call for Presenters

If interested, please submit an abstract, title, author, and mailing
address by email, fax or mail by March 30th  (Proceeding will only consist
of brief presentation material) to:

Dr. Kul Bhasin
Chief, Satellite Networks & Architectures Branch
NASA Lewis Research Center
21000 Brookpark Road, M.S. 54-2
Cleveland, OH  44135
Phone: (216) 433-3676
Fax:   (216) 433-8705
email: [email-masked]

\_-----\_------\_------\_\_\_\_----\_---- Paul G. Mallasch, 216-433-6587 ---
 \_\_   \_     \_ \_     _         \_ \_ MS 54-2, NASA Lewis Research Center
  \_ \_  \_    \_   \_   \_\_\_    \_   \_      21000 Brookpark Road
   \_  \_ \_   \_\_\_\_        \_  \_\_\_\_  Cleveland, Ohio  44135-3191
----\_----\_\_-\_------\_-\_\_\_\_-\_------\_-- [email-masked] ----