Subject: I can not manage "rat" to reproduce an audio stream

From: Rogelio Alvez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:36:17 -0800

To whom it may concern:
I am using Cisco's IPTV to broadcast an audio/video session inside my LAN.
Although the "sdrwin.exe" program on my PC (Windows95) detects the session,
neither VIC nor VAT nor RAT (the tools I try to launch in order to play the
corresponding streams) are able to reproduce the session.
In the case of "rat", this program joins the multicast address/port, but the
audio does not exceed "0" in the volume indicator. Although I try to raise
the volume control to its maximun, nothing is reproduced. This happens with
every audio encoding scheeme I tried (PCM, GSM, DVI).
In the case of "vat", the program crashes as soon as the application is
launched. Something similar happens to "vic".
I called Beau Williamson (from Cisco, [email-masked]), and he suggested
me to contact you to see whether you could help me with this. 
Any ideas? My drivers on the PC seem to be working fine, since the same
session can be captured and played (audio/video) with IPTV's client
software, called "IPTV viewer".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
_____________________________________________________________________________
           ||            ||               Rogelio Alvez. CCIE 3078.
           ||            ||               Moreno 877, Piso 6
          ||||          ||||              (1091) Buenos Aires,Argentina
         ||||||        ||||||             
        ||||||||||    ||||||||||          Voice phone:(54-1) 341-0109
  ....:||||||||||||.:||||||||||||:..      Fax        :(54-1) 341-0149
       Cisco Systems Argentina            email:[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________________