Subject: Where is Ballardie's CBT Thesis

From: Alejandro Avella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 11:18:22 -0600

Hi,

I am a student of the Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program at
the University of Colorado at Boulder (http://morse.colorado.edu). I am
writing my master thesis on an analysis of the scalability of Multicast
Routing Architectures.

The plan is to do a comparative analysis of the existing
solutions for multicast routing. Based on a literature search of the
alternatives, this would consist of: developing a consistent criterion
for comparing the alternatives; a list of the alternatives; a consistent

comparison of the alternatives, and, a conclusion about under what
conditions which alternatives would be best.

After doing some research (about 4 months) I have had a very hard time
trying to get Tony Ballardie's PHD thesis.

This is the reference I am trying to find :

A.J. Ballardie,
"A new approach to Multicast Communication in a Datagram Internetwork",
PHD Thesis, University College London, University of London, 1995.

Can you give me pointers on how to find this document?

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro
--
Alejandro Avella
(303)-541-6254
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~avella

---

From: Tony Ballardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 20:28:13 -0700

Alejandro,

> Can you give me pointers on how to find this document?

it surely can't be that difficult :-)

Try:
ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/darpa/IDMR/ballardie-thesis.ps.Z

Tony