Subject: Re: apple audio broadcast quality?

From: Van Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 96 01:14:39 PDT

It's coming through great here (<2% loss).  Because of a problem
with sdr (which Mark says might be fixed in the next release),
they're sending "PCM" (50 packets/sec) rather than "PCM2" or
"PCM4" (25 or 12.5 packets/sec.).  Apple might want to manually
set vat to PCM4 format.  That might reduce the router load
enough so that things make it through whatever congested gateway
is in the path from MCI to you.

 - Van

---

From: "Amancio Hasty Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 20:07:40 -0700

> is in the path from MCI to you.

Yeap, bandwith conservation and for some of the talks they can
definitly use gsm...

Well I am going to let mci and toad.com hash the problem 8)
Apparently the link between tlg and mci is overloaded and not
just with mbone traffic.

Tnks to all those who responded!!

	Regards,
	Amancio