Subject: CFP: Online Survey on Research Priorities in EC

From: "Soon Y. Choi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:40:20 -0500

================ Call for Participation ===================
Online Survey on Research Priorities in Electronic Commerce

We ask all Internet users, e-business professionals and researchers to
participate in an important survey of what are the most pressing areas of
research to fund and promote in the next 5 to 10 years. The survey tries to
answer a hypothetical question: "If you had $100 million, what basic
research areas in electronic commerce would you invest in?"

This survey is part of the "NSF Workshop: Research Priorities in Electronic
Commerce" being held at the University of Texas at Austin, September 10-12,
1998, in association with the National Science Foundation. The workshop is
aimed at presenting the National Science Foundation with a consensus list
of critical EC research issues. The result of this survey will be presented
to workshop participants to consider for discussion. The _short_ survey is
at http://crec.bus.utexas.edu, and will run until September 9.

The Center for Research in Electronic Commerce at UT-Austin is hosting this
workshop. CREC is one of the leading research centers in information
systems, digital products and the economics of electronic commerce (see
"The Economics of Electronic Commerce" by Choi, Stahl and Whinston,
Macmillan Computer Publishing, 1997), and we will greatly appreciate
voicing your opinion in this important effort. Please pass this CFP to your
friends and colleagues. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soon Y. Choi, Ph.D. ([email-masked]) http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~soon
       The Center for Research in Electronic Commerce, UT-Austin
                     http://crec.bus.utexas.edu
-------------------------------------------------------------------------