Subject: tunnel works only in one direction

From: George Eleftheriou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:58:33 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi everyone,
We have setup a tunnel between a cisco running pim and a pc running
linux(2.0.27) and mrouted 3.81 on our campus. 
(I see IP Protocols: IGMP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, IPIP and Linux IP multicast
router 0.06. and I have checked ip multcast and ip gatewaing forwading
support).
The tunnel is up and the tools sd,vic,vat run but the problem is
that the tunnel works only in one direction(I can olny receive sound
and video and after a long time after the creation of the session).
Please have a look at the mtrace results:
Mtrace from 155.207.100.100(cisco) to 155.207.26.242(pc)via group 224.2.0.1
Querying full reverse path... 
  0  leonidas2 (155.207.26.242)
 -1  leonidas2 (155.207.26.242)  DVMRP  thresh^ 1  
 -2  authnet-gwFDDI.ccf.auth.gr (155.207.100.100)  PIM  thresh^ 0  
 -3  authnet-gwFDDI.ccf.auth.gr (155.207.100.100)
Round trip time 7 ms
----------------------------------
Now from 155.207.26.242 to 155.207.100.100 there is a problem
Mtrace from 155.207.26.242 to 155.207.100.100 via group 224.2.0.1
Querying full reverse path... * switching to hop-by-hop:
  0  authnet-gwFDDI.ccf.auth.gr (155.207.100.100)
 -1  * * * Timed out receiving responses
Perhaps receiver 155.207.100.100 is not a member of group 224.2.0.1,
or no router local to it has a route for source 155.207.26.242,
or multicast at ttl 64 doesn't reach its last-hop router for that source
---------------------------------------
 mrinfo 155.207.100.100
155.207.100.100 (authnet-gwFDDI.ccf.auth.gr) [version
11.1,prune,mtrace,snmp]:
  155.207.1.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.8.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.113.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.7.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.3.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.112.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  155.207.100.100 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/0/pim/querier/leaf]
  194.177.208.54 -> 194.177.208.53 (thessaloniki-auth.grnet.gr) [1/0/pim]
  155.207.100.100 -> 155.207.25.71 (sg.topo.auth.gr) [1/0/tunnel/querier]
  155.207.100.100 -> 155.207.26.242 (leonidas2) [1/0/tunnel/querier]
--------------
mrinfo 155.207.26.242
155.207.26.242 (leonidas2) [version 3.8,prune,genid,mtrace]:
  155.207.26.242 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/1/querier/leaf]
  155.207.26.242 -> 155.207.100.100 (authnet-gwFDDI.ccf.auth.gr)
[1/32/tunnel]
-------------------------
/etc/mrouted.conf:
phyint 155.207.26.242 metric 1 threshold 1
tunnel 155.207.26.242 155.207.100.100 metric 1 threshold 32 rate_limit 500
-------------------
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
thanks for your time,
George Eleftheriou