Subject: Socket queue full error

From: Laurie Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:55:08 -0400 (EDT)

I am receiving the following error from my mrouted process:

	ip_mforward: ip_mrouter socket queue full

 Could anyone tell me what is the cause of this and more importantly had
to fix it?

Thanks

Laurie Chapman                     Wayne State University - Detroit, MI.
System Programmer                  University Communications/C&IT
Internet: [email-masked]  (313) 577-0247 
BITNET:   LMARSHA@WAYNEST1         http://www.ucomm.wayne.edu/~lmarsha

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:34:54 PDT

> Could anyone tell me what is the cause of this and more importantly had

The machine that you are running mrouted on is too slow to cope with
the load that mrouted is giving it.  You don't need to do anything,
though, because the high load that mrouted is putting on your machine
right now is due to whomever misconfigured their Cisco to inject their
entire unicast routing table into the DVMRP routing table.  When they
stop doing this, your mrouter will calm back down again.

  Bill