Subject: Bad mask?

From: Steve Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:56:11 -0800 (PST)

Anyone know whats going on here?  

207.126.96.106 is IOS 11.1.16CA

Mar 13 12:38:12.978: %DVMRP-1-BADMASK: Bad mask 255.255.0.2 received from 207.126.96.106, Report ignored
Mar 13 13:00:40.012: %DVMRP-1-BADMASK: Bad mask 255.223.255.0 received from 207.126.96.106, Report ignored

-- 
Steve Rubin			       email: [email-masked] (finger for pub. key)
"Dude, Jay Leno's chin Killed Kenny!"  pager: [email-masked] / 408-994-6219
          E8 90 A3 68 E1 D4 0C 59 FD 67 3E 04 E9 72 EC 48

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 00:56:44 -0500 (EST)

What do these dvmrp routes do? what initially brought them to life?

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:25:03 PST

>  7.126.96.106, Report ignored

Are these one-offs, or do you see them periodically?  Given that they're
spaced 20 minutes apart, and the whole DVMRP routing table is updated
once a minute, they're probably not representative of something that's
really in your neighbor's routing table.

You might want to snoop the net and see if you can find the actual
advertisement that your router is complaining about; newer versions
of tcpdump know how to dump DVMRP routing udpates with the "-v" flag.

  Bill