Subject: RAT for HPUX 10

From: Christoph Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 1996 12:07:38 +0100

Does someone have RAR for HPUX 10.x? 
Or may I have the sources, so I can compile it myself?

The version for 9.05 can't connect to the  Aserver on my machine. I
get the following errors:

audio_open failed (status=1)
Is the audio server running?

Christoph Martin

-- 
============================================================================
Christoph Martin, Zentrum f|r Datenverarbeitung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  [email-masked]
  Homepage ULR:  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~martin
         Phone:  +49-6131-396316

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:24:59 +0000

--> Christoph Martin writes:
>Does someone have RAT for HPUX 10.x? 

The source code is not available, sorry. 

I've seen these problems reported before for running on HP-UX 10.x, but I
don't know what the fix is. There are a couple of groups working on the
problem within the MERCI project, but my guess is that it will be some time
before we have a stable hp-ux port of rat...

Colin

---

From: Christoph Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1996 11:07:18 +0100

> before we have a stable hp-ux port of rat...

What ist happening if you compile it on a HP-UX 10.x box? Does it go
through? Are the same problems appearing?

Christoph

---

From: Piers O'Hanlon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:40:19 +0000

> get the following errors:
That version of RAT (or RAR if you like) does work for 10.x.

> Is the audio server running?
That's the question... Is your audio server (/opt/audio/bin/Aserver) running? 
Check out the manual pages on 'aserver' and 'audio'. The 'rpcd' deamon needs 
to be running and the /etc/rc.config.d/audio needs to set AUDIO_SERVER=1. Plus 
your AUDIO variable will be read to find out which aserver to try to speak to 
(which in most cases should just be your local machine and thus shouldn't need 
setting but sometimes it needs to be set to ':0.0'). One last possiblity is 
whether your DNS is set up properly as, although I haven't seen a problem 
under 10.x, I did have a problem with 9.05 resolving 'localhost' which seems 
to be required to run Aserver (that was solved with a few nsswitch patches).

Cheers,

Piers O'Hanlon
______________

MultiMedia Support and Comms Centre
University College London.