Subject: EC at INFORMS '97/Electronic Commerce FAQ

From: CREC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:47:54 -0500

Electronic Commerce News Announcements
October 20, 1997
Send feedback to [email-masked]
Thank you very much.
--------------------------------------

1. Electronic Commerce Sessions at INFORMS '97 Conference (Dallas, Oct. 26-29):
Participants and other EC professionals are urged to check out online
information about Electronic Commerce sessions. The official INFORMS site
is http://www.informs.org/Conf/Dallas97/ and Electronic Commerce sessions
organized by Prof. Jan Stallaert and members of the CREC are:

	Electronic Commerce Cluster Sessions :
		http://www.informs.org/Conf/Dallas97/TALKS/C20.html
	Network Design/Advertising and Economics Issues
		http://www.informs.org/Conf/Dallas97/TALKS/S9.html

2. CREC website has been overhauled to provide easy access to EC-related
announcements, news and resources. While complementing various
IT/network/information sites, CREC website provides an EC-focused forum for
EC-business professionals of the digital economy. CREC welcomes your EC
announcements.

	CREC Website: http://cism.bus.utexas.edu

   -----------------------
3. Electronic Commerce FAQ
   -----------------------
Do we really know what electronic commerce is, or how it will affect the
market? Will we be watching WebTV? How should we handle spamming? Should a
Website be jazzy? Do digital products have zero marginal costs? Does
Microsoft really stifle competition? These and other EC questions are
answered in this FAQ. See http://cism.bus.utexas.edu and follow EC
Resources link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       ELECTRONIC COMMERCE NEWS
       The Center for Research in Electronic Commerce, UT-Austin
http://cism.bus.utexas.edu    SEND CORRESPONDENCE TO:[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------