Subject: MBONE Tunnel

From: Rick Kiessig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:41:37 -0800

Our Internet provider (BBN) says that they are not configuring any
additional MBONE feeds.  So I'm looking for a nearby site that would be
willing to set up a tunnel to us (gateway.onlive.com, 204.163.1.1).  Any
help/pointers would be appreciated.

Rick

---

From: John Hawkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:31:20 -0500 (EST)

> help/pointers would be appreciated.

I'm not sure who you talked to, but they are mistaken.
The only cases where we do not provide multicast are where we feel that
backbone resources are insufficient -- this is not the case where
you are homed.

You should send mail to [email-masked].

In any case, it is rather poor to ask anyone to configure a tunnel
across a provider's network without first obtaining permision
from said provider. Tunnels should reflect topology, or likely
not exist at all.

--jhawk

---

From: Amancio Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:09:03 -0800

> help/pointers would be appreciated.

Sorry, I have to laugh because if you do indeed succeed in getting a 
tunnel BBN will incur more bandwith or potentially it may cost them
more to support multiple tunnels shooting thru their network.

	Good Luck,
	Amancio