Subject: Request for mbone tunnel

From: Amancio Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 21:42:44 -0800

I think Jordan has been trying to get an mbone tunnel on / off for 
about a year.

	Thank you in advance,
	Amancio

[email-masked] said:
> FreeBSD has all the tools: Bt948/QuickCam/etc drivers, vat/tel, X11,
> irc,
> etc. All it needs is an API and some compression (sxpc?). The only
> "feature" the commercial apps have is MMX compression, which does very
> 
> well for audio/video compression. Is MMX under NDA only?

> Actually, the whole system of network chat rooms, shared whiteboards,
> video conferencing, etc, is already well available using the MBONE
> tools, now if only most of us could get *on* the MBONE anymore. :(
> CRL, the ISP for Walnut Creek CDROM (and hence me), doesn't pass MBONE
> traffic anymore and this situation is mirrored for many other folks I
> know of.

<delete>

> "Oh well." :(
> 					Jordan