Subject: Re: vic2.8 using videopix ?

From: Cyril Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 09:14:00 +0200

Hi, Carlos and all

>Where can I find a bin version of vic 2.8 with videopix support
>for Solaris 2.5.1.

 Try this site : 'http://nic.merit.edu:net-research/mbone/index/plateforms.html'

Bye

                                                      ///
                                                      (. .)
|----------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------------------|
*************************************************
* BLANCHARD Cyril                                        E-mail : [email-masked]           *
* 79 A Rue des Chantiers                         Phone  :(33-1) 39-02-27-98    *
* 78000 Versailles                                 http://www.cnam-versailles.fr *
* FRANCE                                                                                                 *
*************************************************
This E-mail is printed on 100% recycled electrons.

---

From: Hiroaki IKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 23:19:00 +0900

>Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 09:14:00 +0200
>Message-Id: <l03010600aec19a6fa174@[163.173.128.26]>
>From: Cyril Blanchard <[email-masked]>
>
> Hi, Carlos and all
> 

This should be
	http://nic.merit.edu/net-research/mbone/index/platforms.html

Regards,
Ikeda at Chiba University.

---

From: "Mark L. Fausett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:07:44 -0800

Let me know if you still need one;  I've compiled a Solaris2.5X videopix
vic a few times.

-- a couple cavaets --

The videopix driver for solaris is kind of broken --  
vfc_close() fails.  Once vfc_close fails, vfc_open also fails.
If the device is open, VIC calls vfc_close before changing settings on
the videopix -- eg once you press transmit, you can never change the
settings on the videopix w/out having to restart vic.
I've patched the videopix driver code to avoid closing the device once
it's open, and everything else seems to work.

Mark Fausett
[email-masked]