Subject: [email-masked] sending 250kb/s black nv video

From: Van Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 16:28:14 PDT

You may not be aware that the nv video that you are currently
sending to the MBone Video session is going to over 20,000 machines
all over the world.  You are sending at 250kb/s.  The *total*
bandwidth available to the MBone is only 250kb/s so you are
using half of it.  The mbone is rate limited at 500kb/s so when
one session uses unreasonable amounts of bandwidth, it cause
packet losses for all active sessions.  The mbone usage
guidelines say that no session should send more than 128kb/s of
video & much less if possible.  Since the mbone is a heavily
shared resource, they also suggest that you never send video
when you do not need to.  It is hard to imagine that 250kb/s
of black video is useful.

Please be careful with the nv bandwidth sliders and the ttl on
your session.  Thanks.

 - Van Jacobson

---

From: Dave Bassett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:54:50 -0400 (EDT)

This message was sent to me and is obviously intended for the above 
subject line address.  I logged in to the machine to which this message 
was addressed and I have no such process.

Dave Bassett