Subject: digital lecture board (alpha release)

From: Werner Geyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:01:36 +0200

Hi,

we are implementing a new whiteboard called digital lecture board. The
tool is being developed in the context of distance learning in the
TeleTeaching projects of the University of Mannheim. 

A prototype alpha version (1.6a5) is now available for SUN, SGI and
Linux platforms on our Web-Server:

http://www.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~geyer/dlb/dlb.eng.html

The package includes a brief installation guide and help pages.

We would appreciate very much your comments and bug reports on this
piece of software. Since this is a prototype version, not all envisgages
features are implemented. The current version also does not support the
scaling of images. This issue will be covered by the next version. Thank
you very much for your help in improving this software.

Best regards,

Werner 

______________________________________________________________
Werner Geyer, University of Mannheim, Praktische Informatik IV
Tel +49-621-292-1526 ,Fax +49-621-292-5745
EMail: [email-masked]
http://www.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~geyer/