Subject: Re: PIM-SM

From: "Frank P. Troy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 06:59:48 +0000

Hi all

1.  In implementing a PIM-SM Network, what is the best possible way 
to determine if your RP is NOT overburdened processing requests, 
"show process"?   

2.  If you determine that your RP is overburdened what should the 
plan of attack be for implementing multiple RP's?  Should one RP 
handle the more popular Mbone groups and another handle local groups?

Any information or pointers is appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
--------------------------------------------
Frank P. Troy          Phone:   703-471-3694
Sr. Network Engineer   Fax:     703-471-1575
AT&T DISC Development  Page:    888-808-0593 
3001 Centreville Rd.   e-mail:  [email-masked]    
Herndon, VA 20171

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

You'd have to do a lot to make your rp be overburdened. Are you sure this
is a problem?

You could make the active groups use a different rp.