Subject: Release 1.1 of Win32 Session Directory

From: Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 16:01:54 -0500

MBONE Session Directory
                                for
                Windows NT and Windows 95
                       Version 1.1 beta

This is the second test release of my MBONE Session Directory tool.  It 
was written from scratch, by analyzing the (relatively simple) packet 
format.  Later, I found the IETF draft of the Session Description Protocol, 
and implemented most of that.  Most of SDP V2 has been implemented.

Things it can do

*  Receive sessions.
*  Receive sessions on the SDP V2 group and port.
*  Show detailed information about sessions.

Things it cannot (yet) do

*  Originate sessions
*  Cache known sessions to disk
*  Run external programs

Things currently in beta testing

*  DDE communication with media tools.  This currently has a few too 
   many bugs, but it will be released Real Soon Now.  This will allow the 
   SD tool to communicate with media stream tools, in order to open 
   sessions and the like.

Known bugs

*  Doesn't get the session lifetimes correct sometimes.

Where to get it

You can always find it at these fine locations:

*  http://archive.thepoint.net/Internet/Interactive%20media/MBONE/SD/Win32
*  ftp://archive.thepoint.net/Archive/Internet/Interactive%20media/MBONE/SD/Win32

I am currently developing Win32 applications which will allow 
transmission and reception of many audio and video formats that are 
common on the MBONE.  If you are interested in this, feel free to drop 
me a line.  (That said, however, don't write to me if all you are going to 
say is, "Me too!".  I know.  Trust me, you'll get a copy when it's ready.)

If you enjoy using this, great!  If you have suggestions for how to improve 
it (beyond just urging me to implement what the UNIX SD does), let me 
know.  If you feel like complaining, go write your own version and 
complain to yourself.

-- Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>