Subject: Mbone Access

From: Allan Rossi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:34:35 +0200

Please could you supply me with info on Mbone tunneling to or in South
Africa. I have contacted our local SP and they know nothing .

I am currently emplaning I multicast Multimedia app on our LAN and would
like to know ( and learn ) about connectivity via Internet.

Thank you
Alan Rossi
Systems Engineer
Videre
E-Mail:  [email-masked] 
Ext 1556

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 20:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

I'd suggest contacting Sprint. Try [email-masked].

---

From: Mitch Collinsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:34:51 -0400

>I'd suggest contacting Sprint. Try [email-masked].

Hmm.  I wouldn't.  Our MBone feed from Sprint is essentially useless.
When I sent them mtrace data recently showing their router dropping 60%
of packets their response was that MBone is not a supported service at
Sprint.  Don't expect it to be fixed.

Oh...

-Mitch