Subject: Re: Anyone doing research?

From: [email-masked] (Gilles Dauphin)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:05:50 +0100

> From [email-masked] Thu Feb  6 15:04:51 1997

> 
> Is anyone somewhere doing work/research with distributed storage of multi-media documents?
> 

mMosaic multicast HTML page. Just now it multicast text, image, 'aprog'.
With 'aprog' (a kind of local applet) mMosaic is able to multicast
data like MIDI, Music Score, figure (xfig data). 

A student project is to create a sharable music score via multicast
(like a whiteboard but for music score)

I have seen a final student projet that share a 3D space via multicast.
It's a game. Players can create objet, make action on objet (open a door)
Just now it's a low level kind of multiplayer 'doom' game with a shared 3d
space via multicast. Like 'gp' there is no server!!! Ask [email-masked]
for this project.

Maybe it answer a part of your question.

Best regards,

Gilles