Subject: Message to send to the MBONE community (Not SDR stuff)

From: [email-masked] (Jay Kohn)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 14:36:36 -0700

Stanford University will begin ongoing multicasting of the Stanford Channel
using a Precept Software IP/TV server on October 1st from 2pm to 5pm PDT
Monday through Friday on the MBONE network.  These high quality audio and
video broadcasts will provide a window to the many cultural experiences and
learning opportunities available on campus.  Viewers can enjoy lectures,
symposia, health-related presentations, faculty interviews; sporting
events, student films and more!  Further details on the Stanford Channel
are available at

http://www-commserv-isdn.stanford.edu/ch51/CH51.intro.html

These transmissions are part of an effort to support MBONE testing.  We
will defer the transmission so as not to conflict with other major MBONE
events, such as IETF meetings.

Details of the transmission are as follows:

Audio will be in DVI format, 40 kbps (224.2.167.31/30758)
Video in H261 format, not to exceed 128 kbps (224.2.143.197/50290)

Questions or comments regarding this transmission may be sent to
[email-masked].