Subject: MBONE tools for Windows 95 problem

From: Dave Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:45:20 -0500

When using the MBONE tool for Win95 based on Tcl/Tk (e.g., vat, vic) there seems to be a serious bug.

When launching a session with one of these tools, after exiting the program the system is no longer able to receive *any* multicast traffic. A reboot of Windows 95 is required to fix it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

--
Dave Rubin
Netcast Communications Corp.
[email-masked]

---

From: Jan Engvald LDC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:45:55 +0100

>When launching a session with one of these tools, after exiting the program
>the system is no longer able to receive *any* multicast traffic. A reboot of
>Windows 95 is required to fix it.
>

Yes, almost. In my case if I start vic or vat from sdr, and if it is
successful (there is something to hear or see), then I can quit it and
start another. But if it is a conference without traffic, then multicast
reception is gone until next reboot.

Another related problem. On one host I can start sdr and two more
multicast applications (say vat and vic), and it works. On another
host I can only start sdr and one more mc application, starting still one
more application stops all multicast reception until next reboot.

The first host is an IBM Thinkpad 750C, 33 MHz 486, 12 MB, IBM Credit Card
Ethernet, with American w95.
The second host is a desktop with 100 MHz Pentium, 32 MB,
SMC Etherpower 10/100, with Swedish w95.

Jan Engvald, Lund University Computing Center
________________________________________________________________________
   Address: Box 783                E-mail: [email-masked]
            S-220 07 LUND          VAXPSI: psi%2403732202020::xjeldc
            SWEDEN                  X.400: G=Jan/S=Engvald/O=ldc/
    Office: Soelvegatan 18                 PRMD=lu/ADMD=sunet/C=se
 Telephone: +46 46 2227458
   Telefax: +46 46 138225             WWW: http://www.lu.se/

---

From: [email-masked] (Anne POSSOZ)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:14:56 +0100

> Has anyone else noticed this problem?

We have the same problem on one PC here. We had it running for a while.
But after installing some other software (impossible to know which one)
we encounter your problem but only for sdr (vat and vic only OK).

				Anne Possoz and Robert Ritter