Subject: Looking for IntelDVI Coding

From: [email-masked] (Cyril Blanchard)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:00:20 +0200

Hi, all

I'm looking for some informations on IntelDVI coding and differences with
ADPCM technique.

thanks,

Best regards

******************************************************************
*    Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers de Versailles    *
*                                                                *
*  Blanchard Cyril                 Phone  : 33-1-39-20-11-60     *
*  25, Rue du Marechal Joffre      E-mail : [email-masked]           *
*  78000 Versailles                                              *
*                                                                *
*      http://www.cnam-versailles.fr/Cyril_Blanchard.FR.html     *
******************************************************************
electrons mail, 100% recycled

---

From: Jack Jansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:53:38 +0100

> I'm looking for some informations on IntelDVI coding and differences with

Intel DVI coding is an ADPCM coding. There are others, such as CCITT G.722, 
but if you're looking for the coding as used by Vat and such IDVI is what you 
want.

You can find source code at ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/audio, but no description. 
I've tried to locate documentation on the actual *design* parameters (such as 
predictor used and such) but I haven't been able to unearth anything.
--
Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
[email-masked]      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm