Subject: NVAT (Network Video Audio Tool) 2nd alpha release

From: Hiroyuki AGA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 15:32:59 +0900

ANNOUNCE: NVAT (Network Video Audio Tool) 2nd alpha release
===========================================================

Dear readers:

We announce the second alpha release of NVAT (Network Video Audio Tool).
Some minor bugs are fixed in this version.

NVAT is an Internet teleconferencing tool which is designed to save
network traffic, and works under rather narrow network bandwidth
(64Kbps).  It is an IP multicast enabled application on Windows 95 and
Windows NT, and compatible with MBone standard applications, namely NV
and VAT.

In this version,
  - NVAT supports not only a multicast but also a unicast.
  - NVAT supports sending audio only traffic.
  - NVAT supports receiving either audio or video only.

NVAT Web Page is up now.  You can get detailed information and the alpha
release software from the following URL:

  http://www1.meshnet.or.jp/~mms-eizo/nvat/index.html

NVAT is currently alpha release.  We welcome your ideas, suggestions and
questions.  We appreciate the time you take to point out any problems,
bugs and strange behaviors you encounter.

Please send e-mail to the following address:

  [email-masked]

NOTES: This release of software is free, and the use is limited for
research and evaluation purposes.

Regards,

NVAT Development Team