Subject: VIC on a Linux machine..

From: Mike Sawicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:21:58 -0500 (EST)

I am wondering if any of you have used VIC on a linux machine, and what
kind of hardware you use for broadcasting.  As far as I can see on the Vic
page, only the Connectix Quickcam is supported, but logic would tell me
that any capture hardware would(could) work with vic.  I don't know if
Linux has a general open video system, which could be considered
heterogenous...  

			Thanks,

[ Mike Sawicki < f i f i at HAX d.o.t org >  *DIE SPAM BOTS!*  ]
[ UNIX Systems Administrator, Geek & USENET Destructor ......  ]
[ Advance Publications Internet / Phone:<201.459.2833> ......  ]
[ Inner-Lojik Networks / Phone:<732.396.8653> ...............  ]
[ url...http://people.lojik.net/fifi/ .......................  ]
[ PGP Key @ http://www.HAX.org/keys/fifikey.html ............  ]

 --- "i am AN hacker." ---

---

From: Patrick Vielle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:36:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Mike,
the general Linux video capture standard emmerging is called video4linux
you can read the API by following this URL:

http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/v4l.shtml

Also there is a VIC compiled for video4linux which I have'nt tried.

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~kraxel/linux/

Hasta pronto!
Patrick Vielle
Instituto Federal Electoral