Subject: NT sdr formats

From: kbrown@helius (Kevin Brown)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:10:16 -0800 (PST)

I'm setting up a mbone client on a Windows NT system and having
a little trouble. 

sdr works great in that I can see all the active sessions.  However 
whenever I try to actually spawn off a vic or vat session, I get an 
"incorrect audio format 5" or "incorrect video format 31" error.

I noticed this same problem posted to this list a while back, but there
was no answer posted.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Or
possibly know of a solution?

It's quite frustrating because it's very close to working.  In fact,
I am able to start vic by hand using the multicast address and port
that is listed in the sdr window.  So vic works greats - it must be
an sdr problem.

Lastly, I notice that the format is listed as 31 (for video) on the NT
machine, but if I look at the same session on a Solaris machine, the
format is correctly listed as H.261.  Same sort of thing for PCM.

(I'm using the NT version of sdr supplied by the guys at U of Oregon.  The
version I was previously using couldn't see sessions at all).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've got all this working
great on a Solaris machine, but Windows NT is another world for
me.

Thanks,

Kevin 
--
Kevin Brown				[email-masked]
Department of Acct/CIS			www.mcs.csuhayward.edu/~kbrown
Department of Math/CS			(510) 885-4007
California State University Hayward	Warren Hall 493

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:43:15 -0500

>"incorrect audio format 5" or "incorrect video format 31" error.

Any version of sdr that reports this is really obsolete.  You can find
links to sdr binaries and sources from http://north.east.isi.edu/sdr/

However, whether recent (or even older) versions actually work on
Windows NT 4.0 is not terribly certain.  Someone with an NT
development environment should really take a close look and figure out
what the incompatibilities between Win95 and WinNT are so I can
include any fixes that are needed.

Mark