Subject: duplicate prune problem.

From: Richard Underwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 17:19:09 +0100 (BST)

I have an SGI challenge S which currently handles the
incoming multicast feed for the campus and a tunnel to a sparc on
another subnet.

	Recently I patched the kernel (including 1092 a networking
rollup which includes the official mrouted 3.8) - I had previously
been using the modules from ftp.sgi.com/sgi/ipmcast.

	Since then I've been having problems with "duplicate prune"
messages from the sparc. I have tried reverting to the previous bsd.o
ip_mroute.o and mrouted, but that didn't help.

	Can anyone tell me what might be causing these?

	Many thanks,

		Richard

(dilbert.ecs.soton.ac.uk)

Jul 15 15:45:28 4D:dilbert mrouted[694]: warning - duplicate prune
received on vif 4 from 152.78.72.132 for (131.136.234.0
224.2.146.152)/323 old timer: 12 cur gm: 0

Jul 15 15:45:32 4D:dilbert mrouted[694]: warning - duplicate prune
received on vif 4 from 152.78.72.132 for (13.2.116.0 224.2.203.175)/545
old timer: 15 cur gm: 0

Jul 15 15:45:37 4D:dilbert mrouted[694]: warning - duplicate prune
received on vif 4 from 152.78.72.132 for (129.173.78.0
224.2.215.155)/384 old timer: 12 cur gm: 0

Jul 15 15:45:49 4D:dilbert mrouted[694]: logging too fast, shutting up
for 10 minutes

---

From: Obergruppenfuhrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 16:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

I need someone to supply me with a tunnel. This is my first attempt at 
setting this up so any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. I 
understand I need someone to give me access to a feed. I am in Toronto 
Ontario, Canada and my name servers address is 206.186.50.33. I will 
probably need an example of an mrouted.conf. 

thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this mail.

j>CME

---

From: system PRIVILEGED account <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:29:36 -0400 (EDT)

> thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this mail.

I too am looking for a tunnel. I believe we are on the same network. Let
me know when you receive your tunnel. Thanks in advance. If i can be of
any assistance please let me know.

Rw
IPBN