Subject: Parallax JPEG software

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 14:56:05 +0100 (MET)

Hi

If you are wondering what the Parallax boards can do in terms of performance
for transmission of JPEG coded video, you may want to try MMSvideo, but
don't expect it to be a video conferencing application. It's on

ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/pub/MMSvideo/MMSvideo-1.0.1.tar.gz

Best regards
	Toerless

An excerpt from the README:
  ...
1. WHAT IS MMSvideo ?

   MMSvideo is an application for Parallax video interface boards on Sun
   workstations to transmit JPEG compressed video over an IP network
   as good as possible.

   + Video:     Up to 25 F/s of 768x576 (PAL) or 30 F/s of 640x480 (NTSC).
   + Protocols: TCP(unicast), UDP (unicast/multicast).
                ==================================================================
   - Status:    MMSvideo is a TOY. It's not a real videoconferencing application.
                ==================================================================
  ...