Subject: Question about Policy

From: Steven Misrack {Darkavich} <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 12:29:32 -0800

I am working with both a radio station and television station that are
interested in utilizing the Mbone to sent their signal over the Internet.  

Servers like Real-Audio and Streamworks are too expensive for them to
implement.

Are there any policy's concerning the use of the Mbone in such a manner?
Is this something that would be appropriate, or would the Mbone community
frown upon such a thing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Misrack                                 	(619) 874-3670 (voice)
Director, San Diego Region				(619) 874-8335 (fax)
Xtend Technology, Inc				[email-masked]
8949 Complex Drive ,Suite A
San Diego, CA 92123

Never confuse having a career with having a life.
		-Eddie Bauer
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mike OBrady <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:31:52 +0000 (GMT)

> Is this something that would be appropriate, or would the Mbone community

No one has commented so far..

We would WELCOME such traffic over OUR part of the MBONE (ie OUR Network).
We are already testing MBONE with Video but we arnt transmitting this
outside our Network.

I dont know what others think...
---
Mike O'BradY                                      http://www.on-net.co.uk
Technical Support                                 [email-masked]
ON-NET Internet Service Provider                  Yes we sell to ISPs
Tel: ++44-181-256-9990                            FAX: ++44-181-288-0222