Subject: Audio tool with ACG ?

From: [email-masked] (Ronan KERYELL)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:57:38 +0200

Hello !

I am looking for an audio tool with automatic gain control to broadcast
some courses. It is not very practical to adapt manually and continuously 
the mike level... :-(

I've looked at vat, rat and fphone but it looks like there is no ACG in them...
In fact there is button for ACG in rat but it is always disable.

Does anyone have an useful pointer ?

Thank you,

    Ronan KERYELL
    Centre de Recherche en Informatique
    de l'École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris (CRI-ENSMP)
    35, Rue Saint-Honoré
    77305 FONTAINEBLEAU CEDEX
    FRANCE                               Tel:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.48.44
                                         Fax:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.47.09
                                         E-mail: [email-masked]
                                         http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~keryell

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 08:26:57 -0400

>In fact there is button for ACG in rat but it is always disable.

I added a simple mike-AGC to rat a few months back.  I don't know if
it got rolled into the current releases yet though.  If not, let me
know which platform you're using - I may be able to give you a binary.

Mark

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:16:52 +0100

--> Mark Handley writes:
>>I've looked at vat, rat and fphone but it looks like there is no ACG in them..

It's not in the current release, but has been rolled into the development
source tree. It should be in the next release.

Colin

---

From: "Forrest W. Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:42:40 -0700 (MST)

> Does anyone have an useful pointer ?

Although this isn't a software solution, you may want to look into some
sort of pre-mixer with AGC for the microphone/audio.  This would present a
consistent level to your mic/line input to your computer.

You may want to check with your local audio/visual gurus to see if they
have something already on-site.  If that is a dead end, then drop me a
note and I can point you towards the appropriate hardware.

IF anyone else in this group is interested in "analog" AGC's drop me a
note and I will try to forward the info on to you also.

[email-masked]