Subject: Re: How many "Places" are there usually?

From: [email-masked] (John A. Stewart)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:39:23 -0400

Hi Juergen;

All that CRC is missing now is the southern view.

Actually, since CRC and Erlangen are both members of the Meccano project,
we could probably say that we have over half of "Places" wrapped up!

I understand that the Meccano contact is Klaus Stulmuller at Erlangen.
Do you know him?

Cheers;

John.

> > Well, there is an east view, and a west view from Ottawa, Canada. We are
> > working on the north and south views. :-)
> > 
> > John Stewart
> 
> Wow, 3:3 now,  Ottawa contra Erlangen.

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 12:36:30 PDT

My rtpmon shows that there are 10 sources; I am only receiving traffic from
8 of them but there are 2 sources whose traffic others are receiving but I
am not.  Their srcid's are 606376885 and 360000868.  Source 606376885 is
being received by most of the session; Cornell, PSC and PARC seem to be
the only three that aren't receiving it.  Source 360000868 is being received
by much of Europe but not US or Canadian sites.

Unfortunately, the only way to convert from these srcid's to IP addresses
(which can then be used with mtrace) is to have received a packet from the
source, so I can't do it.  If anyone else cares to, vic displays the srcid
in the "Site Info" window.

  Bill

---

From: Administrador de Mbone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:53:33 -0500 (EST)

Dear people;

I have here an IBMRisc/6000 box running AIX 3.2.5. It still wants
to blow some whistles, so I decided to let it have some fun before
retirement, something like a g-job as mrouter.

Has somebody known of or tried out a multicast kernel patch for
this particular OS?
I would like to hear from your experience (good, bad or ugly...)
And a nice place to find that patch and mrouted for it.

Azael Barrera
MBone Flight/Flood Controller
USMA-Panama
[email-masked]

PS:
(I know that AIX 4.3 includes the kernel patch and even an mrouted 
implementation, but budget for upgrades -hard&soft- for this particular
box has just turned invisible)

---

From: "Dayna M. Bortoluzzi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 15:29:56 -0300 (EST)

Look at : 
ftp://gated.cornell.edu/pub/multicast/aix-3.2.5/ - aix325-ipmcast.tar.Z

 I don't have experience with patch, but I suggest you a backup your 
system before install.

Dayna - Brasil