Subject: Re: packet loss between mbone2.UU.Net & SanFrancisco.mci.net

From: Dave Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 13:37:23 -0800

Amancio Hasty writes:
> P.S.: I trimmed the CC list , got no interest in getting a VAN-O-GRAM 8)

That's just it. I respect highly Van Jacobson's contribution to the
net community, but isn't there a less painful and more mechanical way
of getting the "MBONE is BROKEN" message (other than my TkINED map
which shows my frame relay getting slammed)? 
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email-masked] 
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

Everything that is possible to be believed is an image of the truth.
                                                             -William Blake

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:52:49 -0800

>> which shows my frame relay getting slammed)? 

    Continue to send to the mbone mailing list and ignore VAN-O-GRAMs.

Dino

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:04:57 +0100 (MET)

>     Continue to send to the mbone mailing list and ignore VAN-O-GRAMs.

Quite the contrary. I guess Van could make a good living out of 
marketing his messages more professionally. Print them out in 4-color
or with golden print and glas frame or other decorations:
"May 1997 Worst Polluter of the North-American MBone". Who wouldn't
like to have one of these hanging from one's office wall.

ITS A JOKE !! DON'T BELIEVE IT. *sigh*

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:18:37 +0200 (EET)

> ITS A JOKE !! DON'T BELIEVE IT. *sigh*
You mean Van is not qualified to hand out similar awards globally?
Guess I don't get one then :-/

Pete

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:18:59 +0000

>    Continue to send to the mbone mailing list and ignore VAN-O-GRAMs.

i think people forget, the van-o-gram is characterized not just gby
inimitable style:

it has CONTENT since he usually points out pretty accurately, where
the problem is, and suggests a few remedies to try......

ignore such messages at your peril (we will happily re dist them from
a different source if people start to filter them.....

 jon