Subject: Tunnel configurations ..

From: RAJESH RAO <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 96 11:06:58 EST

I recently installed mrouted on my Solaris 2.5 running SunOS 5.5. This server is located at
Monmouth University. We have a T1 line from MCI with 1.54 bandwidth. Is it going to affect the 
network services of the University if the mbone tunnel is serviced through this T1 line? Also how
much bandwidth does the tunnel require?

Thank you

Rajesh Rao

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Rich Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 14:03:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi i am looking for an Mbone feed for a machine at 206.186.51.2 . I
believe this would come from UofT but i am unsure. 

thanks!

Rich Williams

---

From: Joseph Porrovecchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:54:26 -0500

Greetings Rich,

> believe this would come from UofT but i am unsure. 

I'll add your entry to our tables.

You can recieve a feed by establishing a tunnel to 
mbone.onet.on.ca (130.185.89.224) with metric 1 and threshhold 32.

regards,

-- 
Joseph Porrovecchio

ONet Networking
Customer Support/Network Specialist
4 Bancroft Ave. Rm. 101
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1C1
Info: (416) 978-4589 Office: (416) 978-0188
http://enfm.utcc.utoronto.ca/~joseph

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 06:41:42 +0000 (GMT)

> [email-masked]

If you have Cisco Routers then you can limit the MBONE traffic (both IN & 
OUT) on that interface. Depending on how much MBONE stuff you are doing 
anything from 64K to 256K is a good starting value.

Mike O'BradY
ON-NET