Subject: VIC and Solaris 2.5 with patches

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:04:28 -0500 (EST)

I have 2 Sparc (a Ultra 1 and a Sparc20) both are running Solaris 2.5 
with patches (august).  If I bring up a session with more than 5 videos 
the vic session crashes.  This doesnt happen on my Sparc 20 4.1.4 box nor 
an SGI.  Any ideas. The Ultra has 64Mb ram and 300Mb swap and the solaris 
2.5 sparc 20 has 1Gb of swap.

thanks chris

---

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 05:39:48 -0500 (EST)

I want to thank those for the help, and stand corrected to read the vic 
docs.  However not being the perfect video person I have another 
question.  The NOTES state if you have a built in frame buffer do this.. 
well is having a built in frame buffer when you are connecting the 
display screen directly to the motherboard on the back of the Sparc20 or 
also if you have a CGX card in a S-bus slot?  As I said I'm not a video 
person so please excuse this simple question.

thanks again...chris