Subject: tunnnels..

From: Mike Sawicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:23:11 -0500 (EST)

I have a few friends who would like to get setup using the mbone, or at
least a 'private' one, if thats a good explanation.  There are 4 of us.
None of us have a feed to the actual mbone, but we wouldn'
t mind using the tools for conferences between all 4 of us.  I actively
use vic/vat/wb in point to point sessions, and it is excellent.

My configuration is a Linux machine, which has multicasting enabled(and
tunneling) , that acts as my gateway.  It is connected via cable modem to
the world.  It acts as a gateway to the other machines on my lan, using
Linux's ipmasquerading.  I know that I would have to run mrouted on the
gateway machine, and set my client software to use that as it's mrouter,
but I don't know how to set that up..  

Ultimately, I would like to build tunnels to all of them.  The machine
with the camera/mic which I use is a Sun SS20, which (as I said) get's
it's Internet connectivity from the Linux forwarder.  My friends all have
machines which are directly connected, all running Linux and /or Windoze.

If you could please send some mrouted config examples and some logic I
would appreciate it.  Thanks,

[ Mike Sawicki < f i f i at HAX d.o.t org >  *DIE SPAM BOTS!*  ]
[ UNIX Systems Administrator, Geek & USENET Destructor ......  ]
[ Advance Publications Internet / Phone:<201.459.2833> ......  ]
[ Inner-Lojik Networks / Phone:<732.396.8653> ...............  ]
[ url...http://people.lojik.net/fifi/ .......................  ]
[ PGP Key @ http://www.HAX.org/keys/fifikey.html ............  ]

 --- "i am AN hacker." ---