Subject: multicast problems on a multi-interface sgi (irix 5.3)

From: Raza Abbas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:46:40 -0800

Hello all,
	I am beginning to set a test work station (SGI IRIX 5.3) for MBone.
I have an ehternet interface and an ATM interface (Fore GIA-200). 

Both the interfaces are capable of multicast or atleast their manual
says so.

When I run the mrouted, I am able to get the multicast traffic over the
ethernet card but it seems that something is going wrong with the ATM
interface. When I run the mrouted in debug level 3 I get the following
error message:
 ignoring unknown IGMP message type 20 from 206.75.91.1 to 224.0.0.2

where the 206.75.91.1 is the multicast router through which the ATM
interface does all its the routing.

The only adress where the IGMP message is being ignored is to 224.0.0.2.
Others such as 224.0.0.1 and 224.0.0.4 seem to be ok because it after
doing a RECV it also sends the route report. 

However, when I start my sdr I only get one session. I am sure that
there are many more out there. The ATM network that in place at this
point is a test network so I don't expect to see much, but the Ethernet
interface must give me much more...correct?

Can someone give me tips in how to setup and what I may be doing wrong
above etc.

Thanks a mil. 
Raza Abbas