Subject: minimal DVMRP routing

From: Jeremy George <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:46:13 -0500

I've implemented Arlie's suggestions and it works exactly as advertised.
Many thanks.

  Unfortunately, there seems to be the unwanted side-effect of not being
able to receive session announcements anymore.  When I delete the 
accept-filter denying everything, the announcements begin almost
immediately.  When I put the accept-filter in they die off slowly.

  The DVMRP statements are as Arlie suggests.  There is only one entry
point to the Internet.  The interior cloud is PIM-DM.  There are no
downstream multicast neighbors and only the one exterior DVMRP tunnel.
Everything routing internally is Cisco running 11.1(9).  The end
workstation I'm using that I'm not seeing the announcements on is a
Sparc20 running the native multicast kernel at 2.5 .

  Has anyone else had this experience?

- Jeremy

---

From: Manoj Leelanivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:57:16 -0800 (PST)

=>    
=>    
=>      I've implemented Arlie's suggestions and it works exactly as advertised.
=>    Many thanks.
=>    
=>      Unfortunately, there seems to be the unwanted side-effect of not being
=>    able to receive session announcements anymore.  When I delete the 
=>    accept-filter denying everything, the announcements begin almost
=>    immediately.  When I put the accept-filter in they die off slowly.
=>    

Your accept-filter should at least allow the default default route, so that
the cisco would RPF correctly for the external source. Send your
configs and topology to [email-masked] and we would be
able to assist you further.

-Manoj