Subject: testing

From: [email-masked] (GetSite.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 14:49:37 -0400

abed is a nice guy

---

From: Daniel Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:08:30 -0500 (CDT)

>    abed is a nice guy

Lovely.  This list needs to be moderated.

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Baker		| Finger [email-masked] for public PGP key
Network Administrator	|	
NeoSoft, Inc.		| Voice: +1 713 968 5800  Fax: +1 713 968 5801

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 09:16:08 +1000

No, it doesn't need to be moderated, it needs to only accept messages from 
members

alan.
--
  Alan Hargreaves (VK2KVF) [email-masked], Ph: +61 2 9413 7752
   CSIRO Telecommunications & Industrial Physics, PO Box 218 Lindfield 2070
       http://www.tip.csiro.au/~alan/           PGP 2.6 key available

	   A billion dollars to sell Windows '95 is revolting.
							Dr David Suzuki

---

From: Daniel Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:18:07 -0500 (CDT)

> No, it doesn't need to be moderated, it needs to only accept messages from 

Just because someone subscribes dosen't mean they have a clue.

"unsubscribe" messages to the list are still fairly common.

*sigh*

Daniel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 09:20:20 +1000

true, but looking at this, it looks like someone is setting up something to 
spam

---

From: Doug Pasko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 20:29:14 -0400

That's exactly what it looked like to me as well.  The same "testing"
message was sent to other mailing lists, including;

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.  I like to idea of
restricting posts to subscribed members.  It shouldn't offend anyone.
If you want to post, subscribe to the list.  

Doug Pasko
MCI Internet Engineering

---

From: Mark Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:53:24 +0930

The problem with that, although not a huge problem, is that
[email-masked] is just the root of a tree for other exploders. I think
Bill Manning suggested that there wasn't anyone actually on the ISI
version anymore, only other lists. To get around this you would have
to create a mbone-post list, or some such, and then you would have to
deal with the clueless people who spam a sublist, such as mbone-oz.

Mark.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

Let's not mess with it and not be able to post. Besides, I don't wanna get
into problems where folk are getting messages but aren't directly
subscribed. Manny sites have exploders.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 15:50:27 +0100

>subscribed. Manny sites have exploders.

As a data point, the mbone-uk sublist has 75 people and 8 exploders
subscribed. It's not easily possible to know who's subscribed to the
[email-masked] list -- there are far too many sublists.

BTW, why is the mbone mailing list run using a unicast reflector network?  :-)

Colin
(wearing my [email-masked] hat today!)

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

hehe maybe we can make rat play music when mbone mail arrives.