Subject: Re: cisco messing up multicast mtrace

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 22:49:28 PST

>Unfortunately, eng-abu-serv-1.cisco.com
>(171.69.95.202) thinks it is the last hop for most of the world
>...
>Is cisco aware of this bug?  Is the bug in production PIM releases?
>Any idea when it might be fixed?

Yes, yes, and it's already fixed.  It's too bad Cisco doesn't publish a
list of known bugs and what releases fixed them, or even notify
customers (or internal users?) of important bugs.

  Bill

---

From: Steven Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 11:18:46 -0800

"Bill" == Bill Fenner <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Unfortunately, eng-abu-serv-1.cisco.com (171.69.95.202) thinks it
>> is the last hop for most of the world ...  Is cisco aware of this
>> bug?  Is the bug in production PIM releases?  Any idea when it
>> might be fixed?

> Yes, yes, and it's already fixed.  It's too bad Cisco doesn't
> publish a list of known bugs and what releases fixed them, or even
> notify customers (or internal users?) of important bugs.

>   Bill

Cisco regularly publishes Release Notes that describes bugfixes and in
what releases they apply to.  In addition, if you belong to the beta
alias, you should be getting announcements of new beta releases which
include a list of bugfixes.

As far as being notified, I once heard that we had some service
(possibly Web based) in which you could request email notification or
some sort whenever a bug of a certain type appeared (i.e. all IP
Multicast bugs).

Steven