Subject: Mbone across Platforms

From: [email-masked] (Dan Rose)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:11:38 -0500

I have been having problems getting session announcements
using SDR to work across platforms.  Example, I using 
SDR V2.3a1 on a Sparc4 running Solaris 2.5.  On a PC running
W95, i'm running SDR V2.2a11.  If I setup the session on the
Sparc4 only the SUN's in our environment see the announcements
the PC's don't.  If I setup an announcement on the PC I can
see it on the SUN.

Help!  What I'm really trying to do is have both SUN's and 
PC's in our environment view the same sessions and tune in if
they wise.  Can this be done? has anyone done it?

		Thanks
		
		  Dan
		  
-----------------------------------------------------
Daniel L. Rose  (908)957-2073  [email-masked]

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:15:49 -0500

>using SDR to work across platforms.  Example, I using=20
>Sparc4 only the SUN's in our environment see the announcements=0D

Could you try the version of sdr in ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/sdrtest/
and let mw know if it works OK.

Mark