Subject: 2 different Shuttle sessions?

From: Kurt Kayser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:56:27 +0100 (MET)

Hello

I have some wiered phenomenon here.

On my VIC session I have the following parameters for viewing the STS80
NASA shuttle mission:

Dest: 224.2.206.143, Port: 53500, ID:313522240, TTL:127

My colleage opened the exact same SDR announced session and got
a different picture with the following parameters:

Dest: 224.2.206.143, Port: 53500, ID:313594731, TTL:127

All values are exactly the same, only the ID differs..

Are there now really 2 simulatious video-sessions?
Somebody has simliar effects?

Greetings, Kurt
--
Kurt Kayser <http://www.ecrc.de/staff/kurt/> => Tel. +49 89 926 99148
ECRC European Computer Research Centre       => Fax. +49 89 926 99170
Arabellastr. 17, 81925 Munich, Germany       => E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: John Meylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 08:59:02 -0800

Kurt,

 There is indeed only one transmission of the STS80 NASA Shuttle
Mission being transmitted from here at Ames Research Center. Your
identical address/port numbers seems to confirm this.  The ID descriptor 
is the RTP source identifier for you local vic instance which would be 
unique for each instance you are running. (Try firing off a few other
vic windows of a single mbone session and note the ID #s).

- John Meylor
Network Engineer
NASA Internet