Subject: Mbone stathics or experience

From: Arioli Carlo <[email-masked]> (by way of Hans Eriksson)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:24:24 +0100

Hello, I'm  writing to mbone list to gather some knoledge 

about mbone.  I'm trying to develop a  simulator to study rsvp for my
thesys 

degree  project : my task is to examine RSVP on a simulated 

backbone  and to consider  its performances . For this purpose I have o
find out 

or to figure out some information to make the simulation realistc and 

 its results worth the effort.  Unfortunately there isn't  much
literature to start from. 

 What I need is to understand is how to describe the traffic that is
likely to be on the 

 backbone  once that RSVP is installed :  video , real-time services,
and so on 

 in terms   of number of senders, number of receivers , traffic
generated , 

 (kind of rsvp styles likely to be used ), bulk of traffic , number or
flows.... 

 and so on.    Since RSVP is not really deployed yet I tought of  ,as a
possible 

 source , the services that are broadcasted on the Mbone and as a
simulation backbone, 

 a subpart of the Mbone  itself. 

 Does anybody know where  I can find  some  data of the traffic on the
Mbone, 

 or on real time  traffic that is in   ( that could benefit from RSVP 
use ) 

 in order to find out how to build traffic sources and the topology 

 of my backbone simulated ?  I would also need a technical 

 description of  a  fast subpart of the mbone ( node, types of routers,
type 

 of link ). 

 I do thank for the help and apologize for the trouble. Any hints will

 be gratefully  accepted and welcomed . Thanky you very much, 

 yours faithfully

    Carlo  (Arioli)

Ps. If this is the wrong place could anybody give me an address of some

 responsable to contact ?? Thanks. -- 

---------------------------------------------------------

  Arioli Carlo                          Network systems 

  Organization: Cefriel

  Phone:  +39-2-23954-243/260

  Unioversity:Politecnico di Milano.

  <<Mailto:[email-masked]>Mailto:[email-masked]       
<<http://www.cefriel.it>http://www.cefriel.it

---------------------------------------------------------