Subject: Re: Multiple Multicast Tunnels

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 21:28:28 +0300 (EEST)

At 18:57 8.8.1997 -0700, Dino Farinacci wrote:
>>> The problem with these kind of configuration is that there in no way 
>>> to easily tell if there are multiple multicast tunnels between any
>>> two clouds of networks. 
>
>    There is an easier way to find out who is tunneling over you. You use
>    protocol number based access-lists with violation logging. It will record
>    source and destination addresses. Wala!
>
How does this detect multicast tunnels from other stuff hovering over your
topology?
I've yet to figure out the keyword to decapsulate IPinIP for access-list
matching...

Pete

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:40:26 -0700

>> I've yet to figure out the keyword to decapsulate IPinIP for access-list

    The question was how to detect multiple multicast tunnels not what 
    multicast sessions where running over those tunnels.

>> But I don't understand how this finds out the existence of the
>> multiple multicast tunnels. Could you give me more detailed 
>> explanation? 

    Hakim, you look for each unique source/destination pairs in your violation
    log.

Dino