Subject: Re: tockholm.mbone.ebone.net gone?

From: Peter Lothberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 98 18:26:25 MET DST

> Niels Baggesen writes:
>  > Over the summer stockholm.mbone.ebone.net has been quite unstable, and
>  > now seems to have disappeared for good. Anybody know anything about its
>  > whereabouts?
>  > 
> Seems to be up and running:
> 192.36.148.206 (stockholm.mbone.ebone.net) [version 3.255,prune,genid,mtrace]:
>   194.68.128.50 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/1/disabled]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 192.36.148.204 (mbone.sunet.se) [1/32]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 192.36.137.1 (schnell.ebone.net) [1/64/tunnel]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 193.166.5.252 (funet2-rtr.funet.fi) [1/40/tunnel/down/leaf]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 129.240.140.21 (sauce-ether.uio.no) [1/40/tunnel/down/leaf]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 194.143.8.24 (ra1.sn.no) [1/40/tunnel]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 130.225.249.43 (patella.uni-c.dk) [1/40/tunnel]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 193.63.94.99 (mbone.ulcc.ja.net) [3/48/tunnel]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 192.121.158.242 (Munich-Mbone.Ebone.NET) [1/48/tunnel]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 194.52.5.213 (194.52.5.213) [1/32/tunnel/down/leaf]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 194.89.196.253 (fitfi-lb0.datanet.tele.fi) [1/32/tunnel]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 193.229.0.46 (nfs.kolumbus.fi) [1/32/tunnel/down/leaf]
>   194.68.128.50 -> 195.206.64.170 (ams-mr.att-unisource.net) [1/48/tunnel]
>   192.36.148.206 -> 193.203.254.2 (uk-ws.ten-34.net) [1/48/tunnel]

We are trying to move to a native multicast environment as fast as
possible. There are currently working multicast exchanges atleast at
Nasa-Ames, Pennsauken Nap and in Stockholm. 

I would like to urge service providers to restructure their multicast
services.

-Peter

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:41:24 +0300 (EEST)

> I would like to urge service providers to restructure their multicast
Where does one get information how to join the exchange at Stockholm?

Pete