Subject: How can you keep this secret?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:07:41

Please - If you have received this message in error, please accept 
my apologies..
------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
Hi - Barb; Below is a copy of the letter we talked about. We have 
had very, very good success with the process, and I bet you can 
to. Please take a few minutes to look it over.

Love Ya!
------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
I Never Thought I'd Be the One Telling You This...

I Actually Read a Piece of E-Mail, And Now I'm Going to Europe for 
a vacation!

Hello!

My name is Nora Larson; I'm a 32-year-old mom, wife, and 
part-timeaccountant.  As a rule, I delete all unsolicited "junk" 
e-mail and use my account primarily for business.  I received what 
I assumed was this same e-mail countless times and deleted it each 
time.

About two months ago I received it again and, because of the 
catchy subject line,  I finally read it.  Afterwards, I thought , 
"OK, I give in, I'm going to try this.  I can 
certainly afford to invest $20 and, on the other hand, there's 
nothing wrong with creating a little excess cash." I promptly 
mailed four $5 bills and, after receiving the 
reports, paid a friend of mine a small fee to send out some e-mail 
advertisements for me.  After reading the reports, I also learned 
how easy it is to bulk e-mail for free! 

I was not prepared for the results.  Everyday for the last six 
weeks, my P.O. box has beFrom mbone-na-owner  Thu Jul  2 01:20:15 1998
From: "Kyungran Kang" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: how about applying multicast to email routing 
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:23:08 +0900
Sender: [email-masked]

Hello, all !

Have you ever thought or tried applying multicast to email routing?

Email server suffers from mailing lists which have a lot of members.
As far as I know, email routing is unicast-based. If multicast is applied to
email routing, the email server only have to transmit message just once
regardless of the number of list members. Multicast tree can be built when
the first message is delivered. Tree can be updated on demand and new 
member can be added by IGMP-like manner. 

It will be different from IP multicast routing. But the idea of IP multicast routing
can be deployed to email routing. 

I'd like to listen your opinion. 

Thanks for your reading. 
Sincerely,

Kyungran Kang
KAIST