Subject: MBONE Tunnel

From: "Steven Ladouceur" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 1996 16:52:16 -0500

List

I am looking to get an mbone tunnel from the Schenectady New York area to
feed the CANARIE National Test network. We have a T3 from Schenectady New
York(MCI) to Montreal Canada and would like to know where I can get an mbone
connection?

Thanks Steve

---

From: "Jeff Young" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 01:31:08 -0400

right here.  please send the endpoint ip addresss of your tunnel
machine.  in the meantime, here is a copy of our mbone policy.

we require some machine capable of receiving a DVMRP tunnel.
this can be a cisco, 3com, bay, or unix workstation.

we require that the tunnel to said machine travel from MCI 
down a dedicated access line from mci and terminate in your
infrastucture.

we require that you keep up to date with the software running
on your machine.  it must be capable of pruning at the very 
least.  (mrouted 3.8+)

we suggest that you feed any downstream connections that you
have.

we require that you do not feed any other site through any line
provided to you by mci.

that's it.

Jeff Young
[email-masked]

---

From: "Jeff Young" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 01:31:08 -0400

that's it.

Jeff Young
[email-masked]