Subject: (Fwd) Apology...

From: "Ken Vescovi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:31:51 -0500

--- Forwarded mail from "James A. Cubeta" <[email-masked]>

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:26:24 -0500
From: "James A. Cubeta" <[email-masked]>
To: "Vescovi, Ken" <[email-masked]>
CC: "Cubeta, James" <[email-masked]>, "Egts, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Apology...

Ken,

Please forward this to the MBone mailing list, and copy Eric and
myself...

Thanks,
James

-------------------------

To Whom It May Concern,

It has been brought to my attention that, over the past week, I have
been inadvertently transmitting large amounts of audio over the MBone.
I also understand that these broadcasts have caused numerous problems
for many people across the Internet.

The breadth of my broadcast was not intentional.  I was simply not
aware that the vat tool has a default ttl of 127.  Further, my
company has only recently allowed access to external MBone
transmissions, and so my sessions have been historically internal.

If you have been inconvenienced by this, please accept my apologies.
In the future, I will be certain to explicitly set my ttl quite low.
Also, if you have any other problems or comments, please forward them
to me directly.  Blame for this incident lies with me and not with
my colleagues Ken Vescovi and Eric Kana.

Thanks for your patience,
James Cubeta
--
-------------------------  james a. cubeta  -------------------------
associate software engineer               [email-masked] [e-mail]
concurrent technologies corporation       http://www.vr.ctc.com [www]
1450 scalp avenue                         814.269.2632 [voice]
johnstown, pa 15904                       814.269.2666 [fax]

---End of forwarded mail from "James A. Cubeta" <[email-masked]>

-- 

Ken Vescovi
Senior Network Engineer
Concurrent Technologies Corporation
1450 Scalp Ave
Johnstown, PA 15904			ph 814.269.2687