Subject: mreceipt.tcl - a visual aid to RTCP reception stats.

From: [email-masked] (John A. Stewart)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:36:27 -0400

Ladies and Gentlemen;

I have created a tcl script that visually displays recipients 
and their packet loss for your broadcast.

Currently, I use it for vic work, and am monitoring my broadcast
on "places". 

I have created a user hook procedure to allow a button to be
added from vic to allow startup of this tool.

ftp://debra.dgbt.crc.ca/pub/mbone/mreceipt/mreceipt-1.2.tar.gz

It uses rtpdump, (Solaris executable included) tcl/tk, and that
is about it.

(as an aside; you can visually monitor the reception stats for ANY
given sender, by locating the ssrc of that sender, and starting the
mreceipt program manually. rtpdump and a bit of reading through the
output will give you the ssrc of senders)

Comments welcome; 

John Stewart
[email-masked]

---

From: Malcolm Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:33:21 +0930

Where do we get a copy of rtpdump?

-- 
Malcolm Caldwell - Network Supervisor             Email:[email-masked]
Information Technology Support                    Ph:  +61 8 89466631
Northern Territory University,Darwin              Fax: +61 8 89466630
CASUARINA 0909 Australia

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 08:54:30 -0400

> Where do we get a copy of rtpdump?

It can be found through the RTP pages at
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp