Subject: Router weirdness (Cisco bug?)

From: "Heiko W. Rupp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:58:53 +0100

Hi,

we have the follwong setup  

                +----dest
               /
src--a----b----c---d
     |             |
     +--f----e--g--+

a-g are Cisco routers with multicasting enabled. Until shortly everyting was
fine. On c we now have IOS 11.1.(21CC)

The normal way from src to dest ist through a,b,c

B now claims (at deb ip map ) that it get packets which are coming from
src, that they come from c ant throws them away because of bad rpf check.
So fine so good, but if I do a deb ip mpa on c I see no packets passing.

The only difference between before is that we now run 1.1.(21CC), because
there are some unicast thigs fixed to the previous release on the router.
I did already look in Cisco bug database, but could not find anything
related. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance

i.A.
  Heiko Rupp

-- 
Xlink Internet Consulting GmbH    /          Dipl. Inform. Heiko W.Rupp
                                \/           phone: +49 721 6635 0
Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 3       /\ link      fax:   +49 721 6635 210
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany     /_______      email: [email-masked]
Geschaeftsfuehrer  Michael Rotert. Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 3526.
[  Auftraege erledigen wir zu unseren Allgemeinen Geschaeftsbedingungen.  ]