Subject: Mbone using Linux

From: Guido Vattrodt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:49:13 +0100 (MET)

Hello everyone,

I'm a newcomer on this list. So please don't be angry if I ask something
which already has been discussed before.   

I'm trying for a while to setup a Linux (Kernel 2.0.28) system with 
mrouted3.8 to act as a multicast router. Unfortunately without success. :-( 
There are two serious problems.

1.  The whole system hangs after about 10 minutes without any message on
    the console or syslog.

2.  Incoming Mbone traffic is not forwarded. We have several subnets with
    a mbone-linux-router in each of them. All the  mbone-sessions are only 
    visible in the subnet nearest to the university-mbone-router. All
    tunnels have a threshold of 8. But sessions from one subnet to another
    do work!

Is there anybody having similar problems who even can help me?            

Regards,
Guido
-- 

+------------------------------------------------------------+
| Guido Vattrodt                                             |
| email: [email-masked]                    |
|                                                            |
| PGP public key: `finger [email-masked]`  |
+------------------------------------------------------------+