Subject: Bangemann Challenge Award Cermony

From: Hans Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:50:39 +0100

Today at 18.00 (Wed 1997-01-22 17.00 UTC) we will broadcast the Bangemann
Challenge Award Ceremony from the Town Hall in Stockholm.

We plan to do two streams, one high-end local to Sweden, and one low-end
(<=150kbps) sent with ttl 127, i.e. global.

Have a look at http://www.stockholm.se/bm for more details.

Among the VIPs are His Mejesty the King of Sweden, EU-commisioner Martin
Bangemann (20min key-note speach) and Swedish IT-Minister Inez Uusmann.

cheers

/hans

Hans Eriksson, SICS, Box 1263, Isafjordsg 22, 164 28 Kista, Sweden
Tel: +46 8 752 1527     Fax: +46 8 751 7230     email: [email-masked]

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:49:32 +0000 (GMT)

> Tel: +46 8 752 1527     Fax: +46 8 751 7230     email: [email-masked]

Can we get a tunnel to feed us at D-GIX so that we can cut out the hops?
PIM on ethernet or DVMRP tunnel would be fine...

Thanks
---
Mike O'BradY                                      http://www.on-net.co.uk
Technical Support                                 [email-masked]
ON-NET Internet Service Provider                  Yes we sell to ISPs
Tel: ++44-181-256-9990                            FAX: ++44-181-288-0222

---

From: Hans Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:41:03 +0100

>PIM on ethernet or DVMRP tunnel would be fine...

Well, yes, but that would double the traffic on the Sweden-UK link. Are you
running out of hops or why do you want a direct tunnel?

/hans

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:10:33 +0100

Hej

> one high-end local to Sweden

Med vilken TTL annonserar du denna? 

/P

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:14:48 +0100

I apologize for sending my question to Hans to the whole MBone-list :-( 

/P

---

From: Hans Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:16:14 +0100

Sorry when all the probs were fixed (well somewhat) I have only one 120kbps
channel sending.

Sigh, I understand why Swedish Television alsways brings 5 guys as a
minimum and their bus with lots of gear.

Gimme bits and I can do magic, but decibel and trafos and earth-problems...
I am lost

/hans

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:12:19 +0000 (GMT)

> running out of hops or why do you want a direct tunnel?

There a large number of hops from us through US to you where as you are 
connected via D-GIX to us at Stockholm. And we have excess bandwidth 
there (so it will be our bandwidth not yours) as the tunnel can be to our 
router at D-GIX (194.68.128.49, AS6792).

---

---

From: Mike OBradY <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:28:10 +0000 (GMT)

> running out of hops or why do you want a direct tunnel?

Our hop count through the US is high and we have excess bandwidth to our 
router at D-GIX so it makes sense to do it through our router there.

---