Subject: About HPUX ver 10.10

From: Luis Anaya Torres <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 11:51:14 +0200 (DFT)

I was testing ip-multicast (routing & aplications) on a HPUX
10.01. I had problems running mrouted 3.8 on it so i decided to upgrade
the OS to HPUX 10.10 on my HP workstation.

Inside the HPUX 10.10 there's a mrouted, GREAT!, the flag's lan card are:
># ifconfig lan0
>lan0: flags=a63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,ALLMULTI,MULTICAST>

GREAT too! ALLMULTI & MULTICAST are!

But :-( ... the mrouted -d 2 return version 3.3 :-(

I have tried to run mrouted HP binary 3.8 version and it returns:

>debug level 2
>11:45:30.649 mrouted version 3.8
>11:45:30.765 getsockopt MRT_VERSION: perhaps your kernel is too old:
>Invalid argument"

Does anybody know if this error is because off the ip-multicast kernel
version (3.1 insteed 3.5)?

has anybody a mrouted 3.6 or 3.8 running on HPUX 10.10?

Thanks in advance

Luis Anaya
Rovira i Virgili University
Tarragona, SPAIN

[email-masked]

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 11:39:56 +0100 (BST)

> version (3.1 insteed 3.5)?

Yes that is correct.

> has anybody a mrouted 3.6 or 3.8 running on HPUX 10.10?

Yes it is possible but you need to contact your HP support centre and
convince them to give you the 3.5 ip-multicast patch.  It is about time
they should be shipping this, as it has been available for at least a
year.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: Regis BOSSUT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 17:52:30 +0200

> they should be shipping this, as it has been available for at least a

Up to this date, I've not been able to convince the French HP support centre
to provide me with the 3.5 ip-multicast patch. May be a massive request from
the mbone community would put this matter into higher priority...

/Regis

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 17:07:51 +0100 (BST)

> the mbone community would put this matter into higher priority...

Try asking the UK one. They certainly have given it to several people.

---

From: Luis Anaya Torres <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 23:33:34 +0200 (DFT)

> the mbone community would put this matter into higher priority...

Spanish HP support says "We don't have it ... may be in
'HP Development Centers'".

I am going to open a ticket in the Spanish HP support and I don't close it
after I have the patch (please addres to your HP support to talk with the
Central European Support in Grenoble).

Luis Anaya