Subject: Multicast Extension Not Working (For SunOS)

From: fskok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 11:53:31 0000

Dear [email-masked] :

Hi, anybody out there can help me?

I have this problem now ....  dealing with multicasting for my SunOS

I followed some "Hello" examples downloaded from the net as sender
and listener. I managed to compiled it.

For the sender, it always return an error when executing sendto().
For the listener, It can ADD_MEMBER, but after that when it trys
to recvfrom(), it fails.

-What is the possible error I have made ?

-Beside installing the multicasting extension for my SunOS (The Kernel). 
What else I need to do to configure it (I do nothing now) ?

-Is there any monitering program that I can use to monitor whether
the multicast extension work or not ?

-How do I know it works ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,
[email-masked]
16/01/1996 8:00 PM.