Subject: Sending video with vic on SGI Indigo2

From: "Thomas C. Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:03:14 +0100

Hello!

After my recent posting regarding my problems with sending
video with vic v2.8 on an SGI Indigo2 High Impact running
IRIX 6.2 did not trigger any reaction, I will try to put my
question more generally:

Is there anybody out there who is running the above configuration
(with a Galileo video board) successfully and has no probs with
his system performance going down when starting to transmit video?

Or: Can anybody point me to the person who ported the vic programm
to IRIX?

Or: Who at SGI is responsible for the MBone/Videoconferencing/
Multicasting stuff?

Any little information is greatly appreciated,

Regards,
	Thomas

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas C. Fischer, MSc
        Assistant - Department of Communications Engineering

------------------------------------------------------------
Direct Line:                           + 49 (0) 711 397-4200
Departmental Facsimile:                + 49 (0) 711 397-4152
Electronic Mail:          [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------
Postal Address:                     Fachhochschule Esslingen      
                             Fachbereich Informationstechnik
                                         Flandernstrasse 101
                                             73732 Esslingen
                                                     Germany
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Naohiro Shichijo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:19:59 +0900

Thomas,

I'm seeing same behavior with my Indigo2 Impact + Indigo2 Video.
Sending video slows down the performance of Indigo2s.

By the way, perhaps it would be better to discuss such tool specific
issues on vic-alpha@lbl or somewhere...

Naohiro Shichijo

From: "Thomas C. Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Sending video with vic on SGI Indigo2
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:03:14 +0100
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Or: Can anybody point me to the person who ported the vic programm

looks like mccane (from grabber-vl.c)

> Or: Who at SGI is responsible for the MBone/Videoconferencing/

I think MBone stuff at SGI do not have any relation with this...