Subject: ? Problems receiving shuttle broadcast ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

To Mbone shuttle-watchers:

I have heard a few reports of people having trouble receiving
the shuttle broadcast, and I'm not sure how widespread these
problems are or what their origin is.  The first question is,
"How widespread is the problem?"  If anyone can see the sdr
shuttle announcement, but, for some reason, there appears to be 
a routing/forwarding problem which is preventing the broadcast 
from being forwarded to you, I would like to hear about it.
Just send it directly to me at the below address, preferably 
with a revealing mtrace or whatever you think is indicative 
of the problem, and, I will attempt to digest the problems
and post the digest to this mailing list.  As I said, I'm not
certain how widespread this is.  I hope there is not 
a widespread problem. 

(Conversely, if you can receive the broadcast, but, packets 
are being dropped on some limited-bandwidth WAN link or some
overtaxed router - let's save those problems for later.
Those are just the usual Mbone problems we all know about.
At the moment I am just worried about a possible new 
routing/forwarding problem.)

-Hugh LaMaster
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

It appears (to me) that most of the (several) problems have now 
been fixed.

*Anyone who is still a member of the old shuttle broadcast group
will need to quit out and rejoin.*  The session changed when
the broadcast was moved to a different location.

If you still are having (unusual, routing-related) problems,
please let me know.  

-Hugh LaMaster

  Hugh LaMaster, M/S 258-5,     ASCII Email:  [email-masked]
  NASA Ames Research Center     Or:           [email-masked]
  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000  No Junkmail:  USC 18 section 2701
  Phone:  415/604-1056          Disclaimer:   Unofficial, personal *opinion*.