Subject: 2.7 version of vic

From: Shafiq Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 17:27:04 +0100 (BST)

I've used archie etc and looked at obvious places but can't seem to
locate a site in UK which holds a copy of vic version 2.7 (vicbin-2.7a38).
Can anyone please point me to the right place for it in the uk? I've got
sun sparc 2 with sunos 4.1.3.

Thanks,

Shafiq Ahmed.

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 21:22:01 +0100 (BST)

> sun sparc 2 with sunos 4.1.3.

I don't know what archie server you were using but there are a number of
sites in the UK.  Also, since you know of the existence of the MICE
support centres in the UK, why didn't you ask one of us? 

You can find what you are looking for at http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/archive/.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: Shafiq Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 22:30:55 +0100 (BST)

> You can find what you are looking for at http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/archive/.

Guess didn't want to bother you. Thanks a lot though.
Apologies, should have tried mbone-uk first..hmm..learning.

Thanks,

Shafiq.

---

From: Adrian F Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:58:04 +0100

I mirror the relevant directories of LBL's ftp site below

  {http,ftp}://peipa.essex.ac.uk/ipa/bin/mbone/

You should be able to pick up a copy from there.

..Adrian

-- 
 Dr Adrian F Clark                http://esewww.essex.ac.uk/~alien/alien.html
 EMAIL: [email-masked]   PHONE: (+44) 1206-872432   FAX: (+44) 1206-872900
 Dept ESE, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex, C04 3SQ, UK