Subject: Re: more RINT/TINT error messages!

From: "Jeffrey S. Curtis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:29:43 -0600

}I don't wish to state any position regarding SunOS vs. Solaris,
}but while I was at ISI we set up a SPARC5 with two quad ether boards
}running Solaris to mroute among ISI's subnets.  It seems to work fine.

Yes, I meant to qualify my earlier comments (re: SPARC 5s and
ipmulti-3.5 disliking extra ethernet interfaces unless they're the
SCSI+10baseT style) with "under SunOS 4.x".  Thanks for pointing this
out.

Jeff
-- 
Jeffrey S. Curtis                      | Internetwork Manager
Argonne National Laboratory            | Email: [email-masked]
9700 South Cass Avenue, ECT-221        | Voice: 708/252-1789
Argonne, IL 60439                      | Fax:   708/252-9689

---

From: "Jeffrey S. Curtis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 14:55:02 -0600

}Not quite, since my last posting I have successfully configured a
}multicast router comprising a SPARC 4, SunOS 4.1.3_U1B, ipmulti 3.5,
}mrouted 3.8 and the Sbus Ethernet Card (X453A).  [...]

After obtaining the if_le.o from ipmulti-3.3 from Syngen, I'm
happy to report that I, too, was able to successfully get
multicasting capability on a SPARC 5 running SunOS 4.1.3_U1B
with the builtin 10baseT interface plus a 10base2+AUI sbus NIC
(which I believe is the X453A referred to above).  Unicast testing
showed that the new kernel was still able to transfer data at
essentially wire speed via the sbus card, and multicast testing
showed that the standard Mbone tools work just fine (although I
couldn't actually hear the audio being received from vat -
probably a completely separate issue - the data was being received
fine, and video worked flawlessly).

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Jeff