Subject: Odd behaviour Sun mrouter

From: Niels den Otter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:04:40 +0100

Hi,

We observe some strange behaviour of our main multicast router
broodjeham.surfnet.nl. Now and then it doesn't react to anything. At those times
it is imposible to ping the machine and to continue working in a shell on that
machine. This hickup takes about 1 minute and then it goes further as if nothing
happened (although the load right after the hickup is +- 5.8). Normal load on
the machine is +- 0.5. 

This machine has almost reached its maximum number of vifs allowed by mrouted (32), 
but it has these for a longer time without these problems. 

I looked at playground.sun.com and it looks like there are new versions of:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 28931    10        157857 Feb 11 17:02 Solaris_mc35.2.4-kmods.tar.gz
-rwxr-xr-x   1 28931    10        534194 Feb 11 17:03 Solaris_mc35.2.4.tar.gz

from 11 Feb. Are these really new versions from 11 Feb or have they been
(re)placed there at that date.

All hints and tips are very welcome!

With regards,

Niels den Otter
SURFnet - Network Services