Subject: Conference announcement ICDP'96

From: [email-masked] (Multimedia Referenzzentrum)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:50:16 +0100 (MET)

Announcement 

          ICDP96 - IFIP/IEEE Int. Conference on Distributed Platforms

                        Client/Server and Beyond:
                            DCE, CORBA, ODP &
                    Advanced Distributed Applications

                            Dresden, Germany
                      February 27 - March 1, 1996

==========================================================================

OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE - ICDP '96

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client/Server applications are of increasing importance in industry, and have
been enhanced with advanced distributed object-oriented techniques, dedicated
tool support and both multimedia and mobile computing extensions. Such
solutions are a significant step towards a global distributed processing model.
Recent responses to this trend are standardized platforms and models including
the Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) of the Open Software Foundation
(OSF), Open Distributed Processing (ODP), and the Common Object Request Broker
Architecture (CORBA) of the Object Management Group (OMG). ICDP'96 will be a
major forum for distributed systems researchers, network developers, service
providers, application designers and end users for discussing the latest
research and development results with respect to these platforms.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Wednesday, February 28 until Friday, March 1 we plan to transmit selected 
sessions of the ICDP'96. A detailed schedule and further information on the 
conference will be found at 

http://wwwrn.inf.tu-dresden.de/lsrn/icdp96.html

The transmission will be announced in the sd tool. There will be seperate
sessions for video, audio and whiteboard. As far as possible we try to 
put the slides into the wb. The following tools will be used: 

vat 3.4 with pcm2 encoding 
wb 1.58 
vic 2.7 with h261

The vic 2.7 binaries are available from ftp.ee.lbl.gov in 

conferencing/vic/alpha-test.

In a selected session (most likely the panel on "Distributed platforms: 
Impacts on the Infobahn" on Thursday 29th at 3.30 pm CET) it is planned 
to give MBoners the chance of asking questions. This depends heavily on the 
broadcast quality. 

Regards,

	Torsten Schulz & Johannes Kadura  
-- 
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|          Referenzzentrum fuer multimediale Teledienste, TU Dresden           |
|                                                                              |
|              Dr. Klaus Koehler  Torsten Schulz  Johannes Kadura              |
|                                                                              |
|                                    Postanschrift:                            |
|  M     M  M     M  RRRRR   ZZZZZZ  Universitaetsrechenzentrum	               |
|  MM   MM  MM   MM  R    R      Z   Mommsenstrasse 13, D-01062 Dresden	       |
|  M  M	 M  M  M  M  R    R     Z    Tel.: +49 351 463-5653                    |
|  M     M  M     M  RRRRR     Z     Fax:  +49 351 463-7116                    |
|  M     M  M	  M  R  R     Z	                                               |
|  M     M  M     M  R   R   Z	     e-mail: [email-masked]   |
|  M     M  M     M  R    R ZZZZZZ   WWW: http://www.tu-dresden.de/urz/mm.html |
|                                    Informations- und Diskussionsliste:       |
|                                    [email-masked]	       |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|