Subject: SDR Time

From: "Chris Robson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:03:45 -0400

Anyone now how to make a session on SDR run forever

thanks...chris

---

From: Christoph Fleck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:44:28 +0200 (MET DST)

> Anyone now how to make a session on SDR run forever

For some reason I give the answer not to the list to.
I don't like this kind of announces.

Rgds Christoph

,------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Referenzzentrum fuer multimediale Teledienste (MMRZ), TU Dresden |
|         Dr. Klaus Koehler, Christoph Fleck, Rainer Kranz         |
| e-mail: [email-masked]             Tel.: 0351 / 463 5653  |
|    WWW: http://www-mm.urz.tu-dresden.de               (GERMANY)  |
`------------------------------------------------------------------'

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:43:10 -0500

> Anyone now how to make a session on SDR run forever

It can't be done with current technology.  The fundamental problem is
that, if the large-scale curvature of the universe is positive,
eventually the ambient temperature will exceed the operating
conditions of any known or imagined computing platform, while if the
curvature is zero or negative, all baryonic matter will decay to
electrons, positrons, photons and neutrinos.  These materials are
insufficient to construct computing systems by known techniques.
__________________________________________________________________
Matt Crawford              [email-masked]               Fermilab

---

From: Troy Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:44:45 -0400

> [On Fri Jun 26 15:44:28 1998, Christoph Fleck wrote]

What kind of lame responce is that!?! If you don't won't to give the answer,
then save the bandwidth.

As for how to make a session run forever, set the stop time to 0. Sdr will not
allow this, but you can make the session and let it be written
to your cache. Then close sdr and open the cached announcement in a text
editor. Change the fields of the line that starts with "t=" to 0. 

Before someone blasts me for this, let me say that doing this is frowned upon
in the rfc (rfc 2327 April 1998).

-- 
-----------------------------------
| Troy Holder	 [email-masked] |
| Systems Programmer  NCState.net |
| North Carolina State University |
-----------------------------------