Subject: record/play-back MBone sessions

From: Patrick De Muynck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:51:37 +0200

Hi,

for a demo I'd like to playback some sessions, captured from the
MBone.

How can I 'record' audio and video of a session?  I was thinking
of two possibilities:

1) with 'wrtp' software --how do you use wrtpdump ?
   (I only have binary programs, no man pages)

2) in sdr there is a 'record' button, invoking it is unsuccessful
   however because the program 'record_session' is missing.
   Where can I find that program and the equivalent program to
   playback the recorded session?

Patrick De Muynck

BELNET, the Belgian National Research Network

[email-masked]  |	DWTC - BELNET
Tel : +32/2/238.36.76	    |	Wetenschapsstraat, 4
Fax : +32/2/513.57.30	    |	B-1000 Brussel

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:53:55 +0200

Take a look at my mMOD system. It allows for what you are asking for as well 
as playback using a Web interface.

<URL:http://www.cdt.luth.se/~peppar/progs/mMOD/>

/P

---

From: Christoph Fleck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:57:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Patrick,

I have written a sh-script to start and stop record and playback
of MBone-sessions for the record_session future of sdr for usage of
the rtp-tools rtpdump&rtpplay v1.4 from Henning Schulzrinne.
Some similarly to Bill Fenner's record_session (perl) are no coincidence.
It can make at-commands for recording.
All you have to do is to fill in at the  [File to save to:] -field
in Sdr: Record Session window : 
----------------------------------------------------------	
name of filegroup * (*.rec, *.audio, *.video, *.play, ...)
	+ duration of record
	+ time to start (no at-syntax-check, optional - if omitted immediately)
for recording of the session	

name of filegroup * (*.rec, *.audio, *.video, *.play, ...)
	+play
for playback to the selected session-adress (is indepent of recording-adress)

stop
for stopping all of the selected session (recording and/or play)

help
for an error-box with some description
----------------------------------------------------------
The script is at:
ftp://ftp.tu-dresden.de/pub/soft/videoconferences_mmrz/mbone/record/record_session
it contains some examples as description (in english).

A Description (sorry, only in german) and some links to the rtp-tools are at:
http://www-mm.urz.tu-dresden.de/mbone/mboneTips.html#record_session

I am intrested in any improvement of the script.

rgds Christoph

,------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Referenzzentrum fuer multimediale Teledienste (MMRZ), TU Dresden |
|         Dr. Klaus Koehler, Christoph Fleck, Rainer Kranz         |
| e-mail: [email-masked]             Tel.: 0351 / 463 5653  |
|    WWW: http://www-mm.urz.tu-dresden.de               (GERMANY)  |
`------------------------------------------------------------------'

---

From: Miguel Chamochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:59:41 +0100

Patrick De Muynck wrote:

> 1) with 'wrtp' software --
>
> 2) in sdr there is a 'record' button

     Wrtp main idea is to play sessions locally and avoid to use the
crowded Internet from remote transmission that means loss of quality.
You can record sessions in your machine and later play them locally
using vic & vat. It uses index approach for playing them in the point
specified. Wrtp is based on rtptools. 

     http://csvod1.cern.ch/cgi-bin/nph-MBone-sessions

     Now, I am working in wrtpVoD system. Basically the wrtpVoD 
system is able to access to a videotapes repository. From a web browser,
using a java applet, the system allows video control (play, stop,
rewind, forward, etc) using RTSP. 

     It uses H.261, SDP, RTP/RTCP and RTSP. I will 
put the sources under public domain and it has a API that interfaces
with the RTSP gateway, so it is possible to embed it in others
applications. Process architecture is distributed and balanceable 
trying not congest the network.

   Regards.

   Mangel
 
-- 
         Miguel Angel Chamochin Gomez
         Information Technology Division
         CERN   CH-1211 Geneve 23  SWITZERLAND
         Phone: +41-22-767-9703
         Fax: +41-22-767-7155
         e-mail: [email-masked]
                 [email-masked]

                                 ---
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
        "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
                            - Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland
                                -----