Subject: Multimedia Internet Terminal

From: Dorgham Sisalem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:51:01 +0100

We would like to announce the release of a multimedia conferencing tool 
for the Internet called MInT (Multimedia Internet Terminal) which was 
developed 
in the USMInT Project sponsored by the German research Network (DFN)
and in cooperation with the Columbia University

MInT is a flexible multimedia tool set that allows the establishment 
and control of multimedia sessions across the Internet.  
The system architecture is fully distributed, with no central 
components. 

MInT offers the following features:
   	o Audio transmission and reception for qualities ranging from 
	  GSM up to CD based on the NeVoT and VAT tools
   	o Video transmission and reception based on VIC
	o An integrated conference control instance that hides 
	  the complexities of the single tools 
	o floor control
	o voting based on MPoll
	o interface to SDR
	o RSVP reservation capabilities for all used applications
	o Adaptive video transmission
	o Joint viewing and remote control of postscript documents
	o Invitation of remote users based on the Session initiation 
	  protocol (SIP) with Email resolution capabilities

MInT is available for Solaris and Linux

For more information and free download please take a look at
	http://www.fokus.gmd.de/glone/products/mint

for any questions or bug reports please contact 
	[email-masked]

Regards
	Dorgham Sisalem

-- 
---
Dorgham Sisalem                   email:   [email-masked]
GMD-Fokus                         phone:   ++49 30 34 63 71 70
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31         fax:     ++49 30 34 63 81 70
D-10589 Berlin 			  
URL:   http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/sisalem