Subject: Re: packet loss

From: Yves Lepage <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:39:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Dwight reporrted loss in Canada and he's right.

There are congestion conditions between CA*net and RISQ and even
though Canada has some loss (which we've worked to minimize)
the rest of the world is getting crystal clear transmissions
(except Those in Boston who are trapped behind cambridge1.bbnplanet,
which is showing 90% loss).

Yves Lepage

---

From: John Hawkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 22:24:02 -0400 (EDT)

> which is showing 90% loss).

This is not very helpful -- if you're seeing real loss (in the
per-source per-group column), please submit mtraces and we'll try and
resolve them.

If you're just referring to the all-sources all-groups stats,
they're in general not very accurate, and in specific for this
router seem to be fatally wrong.

Thanks.

--jhawk
  John Hawkinson (who would rather not be maligned unnecessarily)