Subject: Re: Mbone Apps for Windows

From: [email-masked] (Susanne Witschel)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:44:30 +0200 (CES)

----- Forwarded message from Miro Capan -----

I've tried this tools on NTWorkstation 4, SP3, and all tools except sdr are
working fine. When I used sdr and I tried to Join a sesion I've received
Error: couldn't duplicate output handle: bad file number. One other collegue
tried same tool on same OS but exactly same thing happens, no matter if
started from NT Prompt or using a shortcut. We've also tried them on a Win98
Beta, and everything seem to be OK there.

Miro

----- End of forwarded message from Miro Capan -----

 Do You have any other versions of vic/rat installed on those systems? If so,
 try either to remove them, or remove the path you have installed them in
 from Your working path in the autoexec.bat. I had the very same problem,
 and I suspect sdr couldn't decide which vic/rat to use when it found
 two of each in different folders. I replaced my old mbone-path by my
 new shrimp-path and everything works just fine now. 

 Susanne

-- 
 ;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-8
  Susanne Witschel                  Tel.: +49 (0)721 608-3784
  Universitaet Karlsruhe            
  Rechenzentrum                     e-mail: [email-masked]
  Zirkel 2
  76128 Karlsruhe
 (-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-8.^V

---

From: Bernd Boeker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:34:21 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

we have the same problems with Windows NT 4 SP3 (german version). As far
as I know sdr will not run with the service pack 3 installed.

A solution will come with our new version of Confman which will support
all features of sdr and will be compatible to sdr. It will be delivered in
the next weeks. If you are interested in Confman 2.0 see:

http://www.rvs.uni-hannover.de/projects/mbwz/announcement.html

Bernd

>  new shrimp-path and everything works just fine now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernd Böker                                      Lehrgebiet Rechnernetze 
Tel.: +49-511-762-9036                             und Verteilte Systeme
Fax.: +49-511-762-3003                              Universität Hannover
Email: [email-masked]                                Germany

Public PGP key: http://www.rvs.uni-hannover.de/people/boeker.html

---

From: Julia Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:06:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi

> > Error: couldn't duplicate output handle: bad file number. 

I got the same error message with the Shrimp sdr. Everything works fine 
since I deleted all non-shrimp MBone binaries (as Susanne Witschel said)
PLUS I deleted the old sdr subdirectory.

  julia

        -----------------------------------------------------
            dipl.-math. julia wunner, uni tuebingen
               tel. +49-7071-29-75940 
               [email-masked]
               www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~wunner
        -----------------------------------------------------