Subject: Re: Injection of DVMRP default

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:05:26 PDT

>From my perspective this default route seems to be injected by a
>Cisco running 10.3 hanging behind MCI's MBONE infrastructure, see
>the attachment.

Yup, it's "arnold.websine.com".

>I would presume that it is a bad habit to inject a default route
>into the MBONE, and that such injection should be terminated?

That would be nice.  I'll cc the contact for websine.com, since
it's presumably a customer router with an MCI address.

  Bill

Pine.GSO.3.95.970422162712.1101I-100000@sophokles>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

-----------------------------------------------------------------
----- I N V I T A T I O N   A N D   A N N O U N C E M E N T -----
-----------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday, April 25th 1997 16:00 CET - 19:00 CET we will have

                    Prof. Dr. Jon Crowcroft 
                   University College London 

in our lecture series "COST237 Euroseminar" talking about:

    "The Future of Multicast, RSVP and Integrated Services"

This talk will be multicasted over the MBone using vat, vic and wb.
Since we already received a couple of request from people out of
continent that are interested, will use a ttl of 127. The session
is announced in sdr as "COST237 Euroseminar".

The COST237 Euroseminars are a series of talks on TeleTeaching and
Distance Learnung projects in Europe. They are organized by COST 
Action 237 of the European Union and will be multicasted over the 
MBone. If you are interested in receiving announcements for other 
talks in this lecture series, we have an automated mailing list 
where you can subscribe. To do so, please send an email to:
  [email-masked]
with the word "subscribe" in the body.

Please feel free to distributed this information to other people
that might be interested. Thanks.

-- Wieland
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wieland Holfelder                              University of Mannheim
Praktische Informatik IV                      Phone: +49-621-292-5679
L 15,16                                       Fax  : +49-621-292-5745
68131 Mannheim                     [email-masked]
Germany                    http://www.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~whd
---------------------------------------------------------------------