Subject: Re: Cisco Config

From: [email-masked] (Ridvan Erdogan)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 96 00:53:50 PDT

Hi,

We configure our router for PIM Sparse-mode.It is a Cisco 2503. We have Cisco
ISO Relese 11.1(1). So far, we don't have any problems. Here is the configuratio
n script:

dolphin>enable
Password:
dolphin#config terminal
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
dolphin(config)#ip multicast-routing
dolphin(config)#interface ethernet 0
dolphin(config-subif)#ip pim sparse-mode
dolphin(config-subif)#ip pim rp-address 205.155.43.1
dolphin(config-subif)#ip sd listen
dolphin(config-subif)#interface serial 0
dolphin(config-if)#ip sd listen
dolphin(config-subif)#interface serial 0.2
dolphin(config-subif)#ip pim sparse-mode
dolphin(config-subif)#ip pim rp-address 205.155.43.1
dolphin(config-subif)#ip multicast ttl-threshold 8
dolphin(config-if)#^Z

We have one Ethernet and two serial interfaces. TTL-THRESHOLD value should be
set up for your site (Default is 1, I believe).
i hope it helps.
Regards Ridvan.