Subject: audio patches for SPARC 5 and Solaris 2.5?

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Patrick)
Date: Wed, 1 May 96 17:29:51 EDT

My VAT tool (4.0a8) quit playing audio repeatedly during today's UCB
Multimedia Seminar, something I have not seen before.

This is a SPARC 5 type machine (Cycle 5 actually).  Is there an audio
patch for Solaris 2.5 that would be appropriate here?  I know there
was one for previous versions of the OS.

BTW, my WB also could not display many of the slides for this
conference -- anyone else see this?

-- 
           Andrew Patrick, Ph.D. <[email-masked]>
               Networks Services & Interfaces Laboratory
                     Communications Research Centre
                       http://debra.dgbt.doc.ca/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

>> Multimedia Seminar, something I have not seen before.

I have been using 4.0a9 quite successfully on Irix 5.3 and Solaris 2.4,
but have not tested under Solaris 2.5 - interesting to hear more about
this.
 
>> conference -- anyone else see this?

Yes, this seemed to be a problem with the slides themselves, 
which seemed to be using new and wonderful Postscript extensions.

P.S.  Sorry about the empty (I think) message I just accidentally sent.
A true slip of the fingers [  ^C and ^D are sort of close :-(  ].

  Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-18,    Email:       Please send ASCII documents to:
  NASA Ames Research Center     Internet:    [email-masked]
  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000  Or:          [email-masked] 
  Phone:  415/604-1056          Disclaimer:  Unofficial, personal *opinion*.