Subject: MBone stats

From: Nigel Titley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 14:05:54 +0100

Anybody got any data on number of MBone users/sites etc?

Is there an up to date MBone map anywhere? The one I've got pinned to the wall 
here is dated 13/7/93.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigel Titley  --- BTnet
E-mail: [email-masked]            Tel: +44 1442 237674
"Well I'm disenchanted too, we're all disenchanted." (James Thurber)

---

From: "Peter Feil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:07:01 +0200

On Oct 14,  2:05pm, Nigel Titley wrote:
> Subject: MBone stats
I am trying to maintain up-to-date maps of the German MBone (many details)
and of the international links/tunnels of the European MBone (overview only).
You can find them from
 http://www.mbone.de/

Note: This linkpage is in German only (at the moment), but you should be
      able to find the appropriate links to the maps (postscript) even
      without German from there.

Peter

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:53:38 -0400 (EDT)

> Anybody got any data on number of MBone users/sites etc?

Not that I know of, but you can draw your own conclusions from the 
number of subnets advertised on the MBone though, which is currently 
in the neighborhood of 3100-3400.  Some are aggregated from multiple
subnets, and others are advertised which shouldn't be, though.

-Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Mah)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:19:41 -0700

> Is there an up to date MBone map anywhere? The one I've got pinned to the wal

Try this:

http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~elan/mbone.html

Bruce.