Subject: mrouted with HP-UX 10.20

From: [email-masked] (Susanne Witschel)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:38:43 +0200 (CES)

Hi folks,
 has anyone ever run mrouted3.8 or mrouted 3.9beta3 on a HP-UX 10.20 box?
 The binaries I got from http://www.video.ja.net/mice and from
 ftp.parc.xerox.com do not do give me anything but an error message
 from getsockopt (MRT_VERSION: perhaps your kernel is too old: Invalid argument)
 The guy who administers the box says he definitely got the latest kernel
 available (so probably it's too new...).

 The source code for 3.9beta3 doesn't compile; we probably lack the proper
 header file igmp.h , if it's different at all from HP's ip_igmp.h .
 I tried including the latter instead, and consequently got error
 messages for all occurrences of any MRT_* option (undefined) in the
 setsockopts in kern.c.

 Is there any chance to make this work, or do I definitely need another
 version of the OS?

 Thanx, Susanne

-- 
 ;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-8
  Susanne Witschel                  Tel.: +49 (0)721 608-3784
  Universitaet Karlsruhe            
  Rechenzentrum                     e-mail: [email-masked]
  Zirkel 2
  76128 Karlsruhe
 (-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-::-)(-88-O)-:;-)(-8.^V

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:24:20 PDT

Susanne,

  Daniel Gueniche <[email-masked]> had this exact problem
earlier this month.  He contacted HP and they said that HP-UX version 10.30
would include the multicast kernel patches.

  Bill