Subject: Solaris 2.5.1

From: "Siraj Shoeb Z."<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 97 08:32:57 -0500

I am trying to get a MBONE feed from IETF on my SPARC5 workstation 
     running Solaris 2.5.1.  This is what I have done so far;  please bare 
     with me because I am not an Unix expert.  I have sd, vic, vat, nv and 
     wb on the machine.  I have downloaded the mrouted 3.8 but have not 
     configured the mrouted.conf yet.  I was wondering if anybody out there 
     is doing exactly what I am trying to do can help me out by telling me 
     where to go from here.  I would really appreciate any help.
     
     Thanks.
     
     P.S.  We are our own provider and our Router is running 
     PIM dense mode.

---

From: "John M. Zwiebel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:14:04 -0800

Assuming you have a cisco router (since you are running PIM) you don't 
need mrouted.  You can set up a DVMRP tunnel to the MBONE via the cisco
and avoid any problems with non-congruent topologies.  Or you could have
whoever you are connected to provide native multicast to your cisco.

There are _tons_ of options for you here.

Please look at ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/ipmultcast.html for some hints.

         
         Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	John Zwiebel                       Phone: 408-526-5303
	Cisco Systems Inc.                 
	Multimedia Group                   

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

       Much of what [people] would like to claim as "brutal truth" is
       merely personal opinion obnoxiously presented.

					Jon Freeman
					Los Altos, CA

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=