Subject: JENC8 -multicast

From: [email-masked] (Anne Marie Fleming)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 14:58:11 +0100

Title: 		JENC8 - 8th Joint European Networking Conference

Dates:  	Monday 12th May until Thursday 15th May 
		For multicast schedule see http://www.mcg.gla.ac.uk/jenc/

Contact:  	[email-masked]
        
Conference URL: http://www.terena.nl/conf/JENC8.html

Description: 	JENC8  (Edinburgh, Scotland) 

"DIVERSITY AND INTEGRATION: THE NEW EUROPEAN NETWORKING LANDSCAPE"

1997 will mark an important development for the European networking community,
namely the final deregulation steps of much of the European telecommunication
infrastructure. In parallel, Europe is witnessing an explosion of demand for 
network services and innovative distributed applications. 

A large number of corresponding projects and pre-competitive development effortsare currently underway, in order to strengthen the European position in a 
global, competitive and deregulated environment.

In this context, and building on the established tradition of previous JENCs, 
JENC8 will be focused on the effects of these changes and developments for 
researchers, NETWORK AND SERVICE PROVIDERS and commercial users, considering 
technical, economical and political issues, as well as user support, training 
and educational matters.

JENC8 will be THE EUROPEAN FORUM to get up-to-date information, to debate and 
assess the new deregulated telecommunication environment in Europe, new leading-
edge applications, and the network/internetwork support infrastructure which is 
currently being developed.