Subject: VAT/VIC on ALPHA

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 12:40:52 -0500 (EST)

Ok I have a Dec ALPHA with a J300 card and factor sound card.  But cant 
get either to work right.  VAT gives the following area: cant connect to 
AF server (AUDIOFILE not set) - VIC give me: jvideo file not found

what isnt installed?

thks...chris

---

From: Hans-Ulrich Kiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:09:35 +0100 (MET)

> AF server (AUDIOFILE not set) - VIC give me: jvideo file not found

Hello!

The Digital Unix Version of vat bases on Digital AudioFile - a 
device-independent network-transparent audio server. You have to install 
and start the AF Server first. 
http://www.research.digital.com/CRL/projects/AF/home.html 

You can find a small frame grabber driver called jv2driver in the vic ftp 
directory. This is required with a J300 card. For Digital Unix 4.0
there is new version based on MME-Server. Look at 
http://chocolate.research.digital.com/mbone/ for more information.

Bye, Hans-Ulrich
-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        Rechenzentrum der TU Clausthal -- Infodienst Wissenschaft (IDW)         
  Hans-Ulrich Kiel                                         Fax: 05323/72-3536  
  EMail: [email-masked]                       Telefon: 05323/72-3159  
  WWW: http://www.tu-clausthal.de/~mahuk/             D2/privat: 0172/9000422  
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---

From: Rich Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:27:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi i have an machine running mrouted at 206.186.51.2 and i am looking for
a feed. Is anyone on Sprint Canada's network currently receiving a feed?
Next in line would be MCI apparently. 

rw

---

From: John Henson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:36:13 -0500 (EST)

I know that MCI provides service to your provider, I am also getting 
a feed.  Contact me for more info.

KSantos