Subject: strange warning messages

From: Bill Niester <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 13:23:54 -0400

Hi.  I have a strange problem that has been occuring lately.  It seems
to have begun right about the time I started using an MBone capable
kernel.  I am running the ipmulti3.5 kernel with mrouted 3.8 on a 
SunOS 4.1.4 system running X11R6pl13.

The error I get about every 15 minutes in my console (and it is filling
my /var/log/warning file as well) is the following:

Apr 10 10:50:44  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 11:05:44  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 11:20:45  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 11:35:46  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 11:50:47  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 12:05:47  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230
Apr 10 12:20:48  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230

Any clues?  Might this have something to do with the multicast support
in the kernel.

	Thanks,

		Bill

====================================================================
   Bill Niester		  	   Email: [email-masked]
   The University of Michigan 	   Phone: (313) 763-1182
   Mathematics Department	   Pager: (313) 958-2498
   Systems Manager		   Address: Rm 426 West Engineering
 					    Ann Arbor, MI  48109
=============(http://www.math.lsa.umich.edu/~niester)===============

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:11:13 PDT

>Apr 10 10:50:44  vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230

I get these every time I run "modstat".  I don't know which one of the
dynamically loaded modules it is that's misbehaving, but do you have
something that might be running "modstat" periodically?

This doesn't have anything to do with the multicast support in the kernel
(although it might have something indirectly to do with a driver for a
card that you may have installed at the same time...)

  Bill

---

From: "Larry J. Blunk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 15:45:31 -0400

> Any clues?  Might this have something to do with the multicast support

  I just got one of these on a SunOS 4.1.3_U1 machine which does NOT
have multicast support in the kernel.

Apr 10 15:24:13 home vmunix: xxxInit: fcode=-1072671230

  Methinks this has something to do with AFS as we alway get the
following message right after the AFS code is modloaded in at
boot time.

xxxInit: fcode=-1072409088

 -Larry Blunk
  Merit