Subject: IP mcast per-source pruning

From: Hur Sang Jin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 1995 00:07:16 +0900

Hi all.

I wander that current IP multicast supports per-source pruning.
is this supported in rsvp( packet filter ) ?
is this reseverved ?

for example, In a session, I do not want packet from some participants.
How can I filtering unwanted load from unwanted participants.
is there some elegant solutions ?

please tell me solution.

thanks in advance.

---

From: Ajit Thyagarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:04:55 +0000

>is there some elegant solutions ?

Per-source joining and leaving is not yet supported in IGMP
(versions 1 and 2).  Version 3 of IGMP has support for specifying an
explicit set of sources within a group as well as pruning specific
sources within a group.  There is an internet draft in the usual
places that gives the general idea, but it has since been rewritten
almost completely and we hope to post it in a week or so.  The older
draft may still be there, but I did receive a note saying that it had
expired.  If anyone still wants the older draft, send me a note and I
will send you a copy.

This also answers a previous question posed by Amancio Hasty on MBone
tools being able to prune "pesterous" members of a group.

Ajit