Subject: RTP problems with Win95 tools

From: Ronan KERYELL <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:23:35 +0200 (MET DST)

I am in trouble with the latest Windows95 tools I got from
http://ugwww.ucs.ed.ac.uk/mice/archive (vat4.0b2, 2.7b3, rat3.0.23).
They can send data but are deaf to other members of a group (in fact,
the member list does not display anything but itself). I do not think
it is related to the transport level since a Sun workstation on the same
Ethernet work very well and both appear to be similar in the
mrouted.dump file.
A kind of RTP kludge somewhere in the PC software ?
Any similar experience and solution somewhere ?

I could use the Sun to listen to audio but it sounds like the tools
have trouble to deal with audio exit on Sun SLC and SunOS4.1.4:
there is a lot of distorsion (problem to deal with the 8-bit CODEC
?). That is strange because the audio input work pretty well...

Of course, it is the demo effect: I need to have all this stuff
working in 11 hours from now... :-)

Thanks !

-- 
    Ronan KERYELL
    Centre de Recherche en Informatique
    de l'École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris (CRI-ENSMP)
    35, Rue Saint-Honoré
    77305 FONTAINEBLEAU CEDEX
    FRANCE                               Tel:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.48.44
                                         Fax:    (+33|0) 1.64.69.47.09
                                         E-mail: [email-masked]
                                         http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~keryell