Subject: VIC on Windows with grabber ?

From: Carlos Picoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:47:16 +0100

Where can I find any alpha version of VIC for Windows95/NT
with a video for windows grabber ?
or VIC with Videopix support on Solaris5 ?

Thanks
./Carlos Picoto
University of Lisbon
PORTUGAL

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:37:01 +0000

>with a video for windows grabber ?

You can find a fairly complete port of vic 2.8 with Video For Windows
grabber support for NT and 95 at:

	http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Kouvelas/vic

The main known problem with this binary is that it will not work with 16 bit
PC displays. You have to run your display at 256 colors or 24 bit to display
the video. If anyone knows a workaround to this I would be very interested
to hear from you.

Isidor