Subject: wb start in sd

From: Anh Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 13:27:55 PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to get wb started from sd.  I was able to edit a new session
but when I started to open the session I keep getting the following
error msg:

"-ussage: wb [-N username] [-C confname] [-K key] [-t ttl] [-p|-l|+l] [-S] addr/port
- you must supply destination address and port."

I'm using sd 1.14 on the SPARC 5, sunos4.13.  It seems sd doesn't
launch wb correctly.  Does anyone know why?  Is there a patch or
something that I'm missing for sd/wb?

Thanks in advance,

Anh

---

From: Phil Pishioneri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 20:00:10 -0400

> but when I started to open the session I keep getting the following

I found out what order the parameters were being specified by sd, and
what wb expected.  Then I renamed wb to wb.bin and made this wb
script:

    #!/bin/sh
    exec wb.bin $1 $2 $5/$4  # -- for invocation by sd

(although a later version of wb and/or sd also fixed the problem.)

-Phil

---

From: Anh Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 17:17:56 PDT

Thanks Phil, I'll give this a try.

BTW, is there newer version of sd besides 1.14?  or wb?

Anh

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 20:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

> something that I'm missing for sd/wb?

If you look at the collection of files that come with wb, you should
find some Tcl code to be added to your .sd.tcl file that solves this
problem.
							-- Steve

---

From: "Amancio Hasty Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 23:16:44 -0700

> something that I'm missing for sd/wb?

Any particular reason why you have to use "sd" and can't use "sdr"?

	Amancio

---

From: Anh Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 12:24:03 PDT

Thanks everyone for helping out.  I really appreciated it.  I got
both sd and sdr working now.

Anh
> 
> From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>