Subject: Re: Application for Multicast Number

From: Brad Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:48:32 -0400

Shouldn't someone take the last 10 messages and write up some sort of
informational RFC?  I realize that address allocations is in (my
opinion) a state of flux, but a "current state of the art" paper might
be helpful to mbone newcomers...  just a thought.

(just the notion of when an address should be allocated from the static
pool vs. dynamic is worth describing somewhere, i.e. NTP vs. a party at
my house)

-brad

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:36:08 -0400 (EDT)

Brad,

looking forward to reading your paper.

_J

---

From: Alejandro Avella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 08:58:09 -0600

> be helpful to mbone newcomers...  just a thought.

This paper should help to understand the latest on
multicast address allocation.
 http://netweb.usc.edu/bgmp/masc-bgmp-arch.ps

More info on the IETF work on this area
can be found on the MALLOC WG Home Page.
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/malloc-charter.html

-Alejandro