Subject: Mbone Connectivity.

From: Marco Masotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 19:59:09 +0100

Hello.

We are very interested to experiment the multicast connectivity.

cyborg.it. is a small local ISP that's just started and believes in the
Mbone idea.

We would like to know how to get a tunnel connected:

a) Which are the steps to undertake, that is, who should we contact to
get the far end?
b) We thought to implement the connection through a FreeBSD machine
running mrouted. Is that ok?
c) Initially, We would make a 64Kbps line available. Is it sufficient to
establish a tunnel? We, although receivers only,  would eventually
accept limitations that a limited bandwith would impose.

Thank you in advance for your time and answer.

 - Marco Masotti
   [email-masked]

---

From: Mobasshar Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 09:47:39 +0000 (GMT)

> a) Which are the steps to undertake, that is, who should we contact to

A trace to you shows that you connect via Teleglobe & interbusiness.
You need to contact interbusiness and see if they can connect to mbone, if
not then try Teleglobe.

> running mrouted. Is that ok?

Best if you run it on cisco router (main tunnel) and then pass it along to
your network.

> accept limitations that a limited bandwith would impose.

It will prove the concept and may even set you some secessions...

> Thank you in advance for your time and answer.

----------------------<i-Exchange   The Internet Peering Point>--------------
i-Exchange	http://www.i-exchange.co.uk
MBONE		http://www.i-exchange.co.uk/mbone
Tel:		++44-181-256-9990	Fax:	++44-181-288-0222