Subject: Q: Using the MBone-Tools to connect to CU-SeeMe Reflector

From: Klaus Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:26:03 +0200

Hi!

Somewhere (...) I found a hint, that it should be possible to use the
mbone-tools to connect to a CU-SeeMe-Reflector (Version:
Enhanced Reflector v1.06).

Can someone put me in the right direction?

thanks in advance, K.

--

 Klaus Mueller
 Labor Medieninformatik
 Fachhochschule Offenburg

 eMail: [email-masked]
 Tel: +49-781-205135
 Fax: +49-781-205242

---

From: "Alan J. Flavell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:11:48 +0100 (BST)

> Can someone put me in the right direction?

I hope the list will excuse me if I'm demonstrating a lack of
knowledge, but I'm not aware of any new features to gateway between
different protocols at the application level.  I'd certainly be
interested to know if I've missed something.  The popular search
engines didn't come up with anything, on the www nor on usenet. 

There has long been a feature in the cuseeme reflector code (though
it didn't work very well in the free reflector code) for allowing
the nv application (in "cuseeme compatibility mode") and vat to
join a cuseeme conference.

But it supported greyscale only, had quite a lot of quirks, there were
bugs in the software (especially on the DEC ALPHA that I was using). 
The best I can say for it is that the audio worked, usually.  So, if
perhaps this is what you heard about, I would say don't spend any time
on it now. 

all the best.

---

From: Mark Fausett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 18:49:23 -0700

> it didn't work very well in the free reflector code) for allowing

Actually, when last I tried (admittedly a year or two ago) it was actually
worse on the commercialversion.
Mark Fausett
[email-masked]