Subject: sdr announcement questions

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:04:56 +0100 (MET)

Hi

Question a): How do i solve the following problem:
	  
	     I want to make a sdr-announcement that should have a living-time
	     "forever", i.e.: something like a continuous channel, or
	     continually regular channel. Whatever. I currently solved
	     this by guessing which field holds the end-time and then
	     modifying it. Now the problem with this approach to me seems
	     that i cannot allow for any mistakes in this announcement,
	     because the end-time seem also to convey something like the
	     "cache-timeout" for such an announcement. I.e.: My sdr sends
	     out such an announcement and there's a typo in it. I want to
	     correct it, but that doesn't help, because people who've already
	     reveieved the erroneous announcement will still use that from
	     their local cache. There doesn't seem to be something like
	     a sequence number for announcements, or am i mistaken there ?

Replacement question: where's the documentation for the exact format and
semantics of the .sdr announcement files ? ;-))

Best regards
	Toerless

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:22:03 +0100

If you want to change a SDR SDP cache file you have to first quit sdr. The 
edit the correct cache file and change the second field on the line that 
starts with 'o=' to a higher number. This field is the 'version number' of 
this announcement.

If you want a session that never time out then you have to change the t-field 
to
t=0 0 

The format is documented in the SDP specification. 

NOTE that this is illegal according to the SDP specifications ;-) 

/P

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:21:34 PST

Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>	     There doesn't seem to be something like

The third field in the "o=" line is the version number; if you keep
the other fields the same then the new announcement is supposed to
replace the old one.

>semantics of the .sdr announcement files ? ;-))

sdr stores announcements with one or two header lines (n= and/or k= )
followed by an SDP (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-05.{txt,ps}) packet.

  Bill