Subject: vic errors..

From: Dwight Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 06:18:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm working on a sparc 4, solaris 2.5, 64mb ram machine, and getting 
the following errors from vic when it has multiple streams:

teleeducation:~$ video.RTP/AVP.31.vic

vic  -f h261 -t 127 -I 5 -C "Places all over the world"
224.2.172.238/51482
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  131 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  1000
  Current serial number in output stream:  1001
teleeducation:~$ video.RTP/AVP.31.vic

vic  -f h261 -t 127 -I 5 -C "Places all over the world"
224.2.172.238/51482
teleeducation:~$ shmat: Too many open files
teleeducation:~$ 

--
Now I've seen this error before, and somehow got it fixed.  Can anyone
else out here suggest a modification I can make to fix this problem, 
perhaps a change to shared memory in /etc/system?

dwight s.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwight E. Spencer                       http://cnet.unb.ca/~spencer/
Community Access Program                311 D'Avray Hall, UNBF
TeleEducation - Virtual Campus          TENB, 500 Beaverbrook Court
 
Fredericton, NB, Canada
email:[email-masked]    phone:506 447 3153

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:33:36 +0000 (GMT)

> vic  -f h261 -t 127 -I 5 -C "Places all over the world"

Add the following to /etc/system and reboot:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2097152
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=30

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================