Subject: CEME '98 Announcement

From: "Soon Y. Choi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 02:52:39 -0500

Conference on Electronic Marketplace and Economics
February 16-17, 1998, Austin, Texas

Electronic Commerce has become one of the most talked-about topics in the
press, but there is still much uncertainty on how the use of computer and
networking  technologies will impact business organizations and processes,
products and government policies in a broader context of the digital
economy. Critically lacking is an integrated perspective that offers a
clear picture of the technology's effects on the marketplace.

CEME '98, co-sponsored by CREC and IBM's Institute for Advanced Commerce,
presents a gathering of academic researchers and industry experts in
electronic commerce with its unprecedented focus on the electronic
marketplace and the role of economic models. Two-day sessions will examine
analytic and experimental issues in production, product choice, pricing and
payment systems, intermediation and consumption, and broader issues of
market competition and monetary policy. The Conference will provide the
first opportunity to question and analyze popular electronic commerce
paradigms using economics as a unifying theme, and to survey recent
developments in electronic commerce technologies in academia and industries.

More information about the conference and registration is available at the
CREC's website: http://cism.bus.utexas.edu (see EC News).

--
Center for Research in Electronic Commerce, University of Texas at Austin
Emails: [email-masked]  or  [email-masked]
Voice: (512) 471-8879             Fax (512) 471-0587