Subject: transport failure

From: "Michael F. Kyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 15:54:24 -0600

Hi,

I'm a newcommer to mbone at Los Alamos National Lab.

On an indy 5000 (irix 6.2), I'm having the following problem
starting mrouted:

mrouted: 15:52:44.016 can't enable Multicast routing in kernel:
Operation not supported on transport endpoint.

I've installed eoe.sw.ipgate.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Mike.
[email-masked]

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael F. Kyle                                   PHONE: (505) 667-3233
CIC/Advanced Computing Laboratory, MS B287        FAX:   (505) 665-4939
Los Alamos, NM 87545                              EMAIL: [email-masked]

---

From: "Paul 'Shag' Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:51:57 -0500 (CDT)

> I've installed eoe.sw.ipgate.

Have you rebooted?

Try doing a "autoconfig -v -f", then presuming that succeeds -- you have a
new /unix -- reboot your system and try again.

- Paul "Shag" Walmsley <[email-masked]>
  "People who laugh at themselves will never run out of things to laugh at."
        -- fortune cookie