Subject: Whoops...Help

From: "Matthew T. Churilla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:49:37 -0500

We did have a mbone tunnel connected to a machine on CMU's campus but do
to a series of unfortuneate events our mrouted.conf file was lost and also
our address for the machine to setup the tunnel to.  If anyone out there 
is at cmu and knows the machine that has an ip tunnel setup to 165.190.112.2 
could you please email me the ip address of the machine that I need to setup
the tunnel to.
Thanks

-- 

Matthew Churilla
Duquesne University CCIT User Consultant / Student of Computer Science
E-Mail Addresses
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		  	Math\Computer Science Account
[email-masked]		   	CCIT Next Account
[email-masked]	   	Duquesne University E-Mail Account
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
					-Mark Twain
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Piete Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:58:12 +0000

> could you please email me the ip address of the machine that I need to setup

No need to bother CMU -- use http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/mbone/#Mrouted for some
useful data. In this case, have a guess, and then check.

% lynx -dump http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mrinfo?map | grep 165.190.112.2 
 128.2.2.10      -> 165.190.112.2   agnesi.mathcs.duq.edu     1/64/tunnel/_down_
% mrinfo 128.2.2.10
128.2.2.10 (MBONE-CMU.CS.CMU.EDU) [version 2.0]:
  128.2.2.10 -> 0.0.0.0 (local) [1/1/disabled]
  128.2.2.10 -> 192.88.114.10 (oday.psc.edu) [1/64/tunnel]
  128.2.2.10 -> 128.2.209.9 (SPARKY.FAC.CS.CMU.EDU) [1/64/tunnel/down]
  128.2.2.10 -> 128.2.211.1 (MBONE-1.SP.CS.CMU.EDU) [1/64/tunnel]
  128.2.2.10 -> 128.2.6.9 (EXCALIBUR.ANDREW.CMU.EDU) [1/64/tunnel]
  128.2.2.10 -> 165.190.112.2 (agnesi.mathcs.duq.edu) [1/64/tunnel/down]
%

---

From: "Matthew T. Churilla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:53:28 -0500

Thanks for the help..:)

-- 

Matthew Churilla