Subject: Set me free!

From: "Goyta' F. Villela Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:28:57 -0300

Dear list members and owners,

I had LONG ago given up being unsubscribed from this list. Like many, I
have carefully followed the instructions from the welcome file, tried
every possible command and address, e-mailed the list owner, the
Postmaster, Greenpeace, Ralph Nader, the Pope, the Dalai Lama and the
United Nations. To no success. So I have simply configured my e-mail
client (Pegasus Mail) to delete mbone messages automatically, and tried to
forget about them. Of course it's still a waste of bandwidth, since the
messages are still being sent and delivered to my e-mailbox, but what else
can I do if people love me so much they won't let me go away? :-)

So it was only by mere chance that on a rare access to my e-mailbox
directly by telnet to the server (i.e., before Pegasus Mail had the
chance to retrieve, intercept and kill the messages) I eventually came
across the current flood of unsubscription requests, renewing my hope. So
let me ask you one last time: whoever can do it, PLEASE, set me free and
unsubscribe me from this list!!! 

If, again, this doesn't work, here remains my consolation tip to
frustrated "unsubscribers" (I guess I've just invented a new word! :-) :
use Pegasus Mail's message filtering feature or some other "killfile"
feature supported by your e-mail software.

Please send any flames and/or other replies directly to me
([email-masked]), because otherwise I won't probably see them, for
obvious reasons... :-)

My sympathy to all, and thanks for giving me hope again!

Goyta' F. Villela Jr.
Dept. of Informatics, Albert Einstein Hospital
Sao Paulo, Brazil - +55 11 845 0243
[email-masked] / [email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7330/