Subject: Multicasting Internet/ISDN

From: Luis de Pieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 10:25:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

	Does anybody know if there already is something that allow multicasting
between videoconference systens at heterogeneous networks? Specifically    
between Internet based systens and ISDN based systens?

	Thanks...

	Luis De Pieri

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 09:43:02 +0100

>between Internet based systens and ISDN based systens?
 
 Luis De Pieri,

its a work item in h323 to make LAN interworking of H261 conferencing
systems - they will be using RTP, so eventuially systems like GPT's
VC8000 video cards for ISDN for PCs will incorporate interworking sort
of

if you want IP multicast over ISDN point-multipoint calls, you'll have
to wait a very very long time!

cheers

 jon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:03:59 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Jon,
 I think ISDN will be just for dial up access to INTERNET, even so for a 
short period of time, as 128k wont be enough for video/sound applications
Regards, Roberto Szabo.