Subject: Mrouted 3.8, SNMP, and Solaris 2.4

From: Christopher Small <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 18:19:03 -0500 (EST)

Is there any way to have a SNMP capable mrouted on a Solaris 2.4 box. 

I took a look at the isode SNMP code, but it didn't look very 
System V friendly.

What I'm trying to do is create a daily statistical report for the router
showing pps for each tunnel and group. If anyone has a sugestion on how 
to do this, I would appreciate it greatly.  

--Chris Small 
  <[email-masked]>

---

From: Magnus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 01:41:36 +0100

> Is there any way to have a SNMP capable mrouted on a Solaris 2.4 box. 

Yes and No.

There is no official Solaris port, however there is work being done to broaden
the support of OS's that the SNMP mrouted support, this includes Solaris 2.4.
The progress is workload dependent but most of the main porting work has been
done. There is working ports to HPUX 9.x and Irix 5.3. I haven't tried it on
Solaris yeat, but will soon.

> I took a look at the isode SNMP code, but it didn't look very 

Nor did the CMU package when I started to look at it.

Magnus

---

From: Srindhi Kadagattor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 15:41:46 -0500 (EST)

unsubscribe

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 11:52:58 -0500 (EST)

> Is there any way to have a SNMP capable mrouted on a Solaris 2.4 box. 

Yes, the snmp-mrouted3.8.2 code will be released sometime this month,
including binaries for Solaris (among other platforms).  If you need 
something immediately, let me know.

> I took a look at the isode SNMP code, but it didn't look very 

ISODE is no longer used.  The 3.6+ code has been CMU-based.

Dave