Subject: RE: Cisco's DVMRP Discovery ?

From: "Jesus Maria Arango - Ing. Comunicaciones FSM LTDA." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:57:17 +0500 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Jung, Michael wrote:

> If you want to connect two Cisco routers via a tunnel you must use
> a GRE tunnel to pass DVMRP routes.

Doesn't this contradict with what Chris White said?

  *****************************************
  *             Jesus Arango              *
  *      Ingeniero de Comunicaciones      *
  *  Supernet - FSM LTDA. - Cablesistema  *
  *        E-Mail: [email-masked]        *
  *       Internic POC Handle: JA406      *
  *          Tel: (574) 268-9000          *
  *          Fax: (574) 268-1281          *
  ****************************************

---

From: Chris White <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 97 15:42:21 PST

> Doesn't this contradict with what Chris White said?

No, it doesn't. If you want to pass DVMRP routes over a GRE tunnel,
you can turn on ip dvmrp unicast-routing on the endpoints. You cannot
however, enable "tunnel mode dvmrp" on both sides, like I said.

-Chris