Subject: problem with vic2.7a32

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Bonk)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 15:39:17 +0100 (MET)

Hi

	I don't know if my problem is a known.

	I'm running vic2.7a32 on a SparcStation10 unter SunOS 4.1.4 with a
	Parallax-Card. When I want to transmit Video grabbing from the
	Parallax-Card I receive the message:
	vic: can't open parallax capture device
	But vic recognizes the parallax-card when I push the Device-Button of
	the Encoder-menu.
	Videotool from Parallax works very well.

	Any hint for solving my problem is apreciated.

	Thanks
-- 
=============================================================================
Dr. Thomas Bonk
Leibniz Rechenzentrum, Barer Str. 21, D-80333 Muenchen, Germany, 
Tel: ++49-89-2105-8839, Fax ++49-89-2809460
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/Persons/thomas_bonk_ge.html
IRC: Jamesb
=============================================================================

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 15:28:55 +0000 (GMT)

> 	Any hint for solving my problem is apreciated.

It is probably looking for the device in the wrong place.  Solaris 2.[45] 
framebuffer devices get created in /dev/fbs but some tools expect these 
links to be in /dev.  Try copying the tvtwo device to /dev and try again.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: "Lucia Gradinariu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:57:00 +0100 (MET)

> 	Any hint for solving my problem is apreciated.
I didn't see this problem with a29 version, maybe it's only a problem of
user access rights on tvtwo device (try chmod or chown to get the right access
to the right user )

[email-masked]