Subject: Announcing RTMW RTP player plug-in & Applet beta-release

From: Myung-Ki Shin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:14:24 +0900

Announcing RTMW RTP player plug-in & Applet beta-release
--------------------------------------------------------

We have been developing RTMW(Real-Time Multimedia Web),Web-based
multicast,
multimedia application which allows Web users to join an MBone session
and
receive audio/video (without MBone tools such as rat, vic, etc.)
seamlessly.

This project was started in 1997 by ETRI/PEC and Chungnam National Univ.
with
the objective to develop a prototype of integrating RTP/RTCP and SDP,
SAP into
the Web. A RTMW is Internet  community standards compliant and
interoperable
with other MBone applications.

A RTMW user can select two RTP/RTCP players to show real-time
audio/video via the MBone.

   RTP Player Plug-in
   RTP Player Applet

In case of RTP Player Applet, significance to Web users who want to play
RTP
audio/video on various platforms is the ability of a Applet, to be
downloaded
automatically from a server to the Web users. The network delivers the
Applet to
Web browsers when you request them. So, RTPPlayer Applet can be deployed
without
modification to any computing platform, thus saving the costs associated
with
developing software for multiple platforms.
And because the program are stored on centralized servers, there is no
longer
a need to have MBone users download and install program to update
software.

Documentations, binaries (Windows, Java platform), and WebSDR location
are available at:

   http://www.mbone.or.kr/rtmw/

Send feedback to :

   [email-masked]

Myung-Ki Shin, ETRI
--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Myung-Ki Shin |  [email-masked]
ETRI/PEC      |  P.O. Box 106, Yusong
              |  Daejeon, 305-350, Korea
              |  Tel:+82-42-860-4847
              |  FAX:+82-42-861-5404
              |  http://pec.etri.re.kr/~mkshin/