Subject: SIGCOMM 97 - Mbone event

From: Emmanuel Duros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:39:00 +0200 (MET DST)

The following SIGCOMM events will be retransmitted on-line on the Mbone:

Sigcomm award talk by Jon Postel
Tuesday September 16 from 9:00 am to 10:30 am GMT+2

Sigcomm award talk by Louis Pouzin
Wednesday September 17 from 9:00 am to 10:30 am GMT+2

These two talks will be multicast from INRIA using a satellite link
offered by EUTELSAT. UCL (London, England) and GMD (Darmstadt, Germany)
are equipped with reception hardware and will forward the sessions to the
rest of the MBone.

Technical note :
----------------
The sending tool will be the integrated audio and video MBone tool
Rendez-Vous (http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/rv). Rendez-Vous is vic and vat
compatible. The sdr session entry is SIGCOMM '97.

High quality audio will also be broadcast separately on its own channel
(see SIGCOMM '97 HQ Audio) with the FreePhone audio MBone tool
(http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/fphone). This HQ transmission will only be
available to FreePhone users.

Please use wb for transmission feedback.

For Rendez-Vous users : as sd/sdr do not take into account integrated
audio and video tools, Rendez-Vous users will have to launch it manually
by typing the following command :

./ivstng.sh 224.6.224.2 31034 224.8.224.4 51488 255

Emmanuel

---

From: "Songkrant MUNEENAEM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:50:44 +0000

Sawasdee krub, (THAI traditional greeting)

Could you guide me how to connect with Mbone?

I'd like to join with Mbone and I'd send requesting by e-mail to 
[email-masked], [email-masked] for the tunnel-source & destination 
address as stated in the "www.mbone.com". Till now, I didn't get any 
response about it. Any advice?

-------------------------------------Former message----------------
To:               [email-masked]
Subject:          Where to hook in MBONE?
Date sent:        Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:52:56

Sawasdee krub, (THAI traditional greeting)

I 'm interesting to connect with MBONE. You can see our network 
topology and equipment at "http://www.psu.ac.th/campus/".
I have the Cisco router 4500-M as the Internet router and its 
software is ready for IPmulticast. On this router, the 
WAN port ip-address is 203.150.18.134, this port connect my site to
Internet with speed 256kbps to "NECTEC www.nectec.or.th" and the ISP
is "Internet Thailand www.inet.co.th". That all about the outside of
my campus.

In my campus, we run on the FORE ATM products. The PowerHub6000 is the
ATM-edge device for the Ethernet. This also support  IPmulticast.

That the information that I think you should know about my-site. If
you need more information please let me know. So, you please guide me
who I should contact with in Thailand or others to setup the MBONE to
my site.

Regards,

FYI:
Tracing the route from my mroute (Cisco4500M) to www.mci.net 
(204.70.133.140)                              
1 gw-PSU.thaisarn.net.th (203.150.18.133) 28 msec 96 msec 16 msec
2 192.150.250.213 28 msec 92 msec 124 msec                 
3 august.inet.co.th (203.150.11.26) 112 msec 196 msec 152 msec       
4 mix-serial3-3.SanFrancisco.mci.net  (204.189.216.157) 560 msec 484
msec 336 msec
5 core1-fddi-0.SanFrancisco.mci.net (204.70.2.161) 252
msec 332 msec  284 msec 
6 bordercore4-loopback.Washington.mci.net (166.48.42.1) 456  msec 388 
msec 340 msec
7 core1.Reston.mci.net (204.70.4.229) 452 msec *   324 msec           
8 204.70.176.22 344 msec 520 msec 588  msec         
9 fuss1-0.Reston.mci.net (204.70.255.253) 424 msec 368 msec 352 msec 
10 widderhen.Reston.mci.net (204.70.133.139) 320 msec 296 msec *      

Songkrant MUNEENAEM  [email-masked]   HS9OG
  The Computer Center   Prince of Songkla University
---> http://maliwan.psu.ac.th/~msongkra/index.htm <---

---

From: Yozo Toda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:00:51 +0900

> topology and equipment at "http://www.psu.ac.th/campus/".

I found Thailand(NECTEC) and Japan(SINET) are connected with 2Mbps line.
so, one choice is to connect to JP-MBone.
(see <http://aohakobe.ipc.chiba-u.ac.jp/misc/JP-MBone/> for some info.)

you should send request to SINET administrators and to JP-MBone community.
I'm not sure it can be permissible for JP-MBone community,
but there's not so much problem, I believe...

-- yozo.