Subject: Re: MBone VCR

From: "Alan J. Flavell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:15:59 +0000

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Christian Isnard - CERN/CN/CS wrote:

> > vcr: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: cannot map libXext.so.6.0

> Please try and copy libXext.so.6.0 to /usr/local/lib/X11 or /usr/lib/X11
> directory.

Well, I have no /usr/local/lib/X11; I tried /usr/lib/X11 and it made
no difference.

However, on looking more closely, I could see there was a libXext.so
in /usr/shlib, so I tried copying libXext.so.6.0 to there also.  This
made a difference ...  now I got the error:

vcr: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: cannot map libX11kb.so.6.0

So I decided to follow your other advice  ;-)  about vcr.stat

I'm sorry, I had not realised that vcr.stat was an alternative
executable for vcr.  I don't find this explained in the README.
It executes and displays a panel, so I guess this will work.

I apologise for using up so many people's time.
I haven't really _used_ the app yet, I just wanted to thank you
and the other people who emailed me, for their help.