Subject: IP Multicasting

From: [email-masked] (Joel King)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:59:48 -0500

I have some application developers looking to use a software product to
replicate data across our global network which uses IP MULTICAST to allow
the data consumers and data suppliers to communicate.

We have this running in a test environment, a couple of routers in one
campus, the software is from Iona, called OrbixTalk.  Some glitches and
application/Wintel bugs at first, no IOS problems; it works.

Our global network is evolving into multiple autonomous systems running
either OSPF or Enhanced IGRP connected by BGP. We have over 40+ locations
world-wide.

Would be interested in any experiences running IP MULTICAST apps in a
corporate network with over 100 routers. What type of applications and
software? How successful has it been?  Any observations would be most
appreciated.  I'm being asked to put together a position statement to
give some guidance to the appl developers.

Please respond to me directly I do not subscribe to this list. TIA.

-Joel

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Joel W. King                               |  Email:  [email-masked]         
 Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert # 1846 |------------------------
 AMP Incorporated                           |   Fone:    717.810.2013 
 Global Information Technology              |    Fax:    717.810.2660 
----------------------------------------------------------------------