Subject: Allowing MBONE through Filter

From: Mike OBrady <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:06:15 +0000 (GMT)

I recently had to impliment input filters on our Peering routers to only
allow IP packets for destinations in our (& our customers) networks.

This was due to fact that I found some ISP at one of the peering point was
using us as a 'default' route (and they wernt even peering withus).

Anyway, I need to re-enable MBONE at our MAE-EAST router (where we do ip
pim dense-mode on our FDDI interface).

What IP Address ranges should I allow (for source & dest).

Any insight would be a help. 

Rgds
---
Mike O'BradY                                      http://www.on-net.co.uk
Technical Support                                 [email-masked]
ON-NET Internet Service Provider                  Yes we sell to ISPs
Tel: ++44-181-256-9990                            FAX: ++44-181-288-0222

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:59:48 +0200 (EET)

> Any insight would be a help. 
IP multicast uses any 'legal' source address and the destination
prefix of 224.0.0.0/4. 

Pete

---

From: Mike OBrady <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:41:32 +0000 (GMT)

> IP multicast uses any 'legal' source address and the destination

Seems to be working,

Thanks Pete.

---