Subject: Re: live from everest

From: Van Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 97 21:35:52 PDT

If you missed this you should kick yourself.  WGBH got in touch
with them just as the climbers reached the summit after climbing
all night.  It was fascinating to hear what sounded like a very
exhausted & cold David Breashears talking live from the summit of
Everest to the team doctor back at their 12,000' base camp.

Great job WGBH!! Thanks!!!

 - Van

---

From: Jan Vilhuber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

Did someone record this and could possibly rebroadcast?

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            [email-masked]
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

---

From: Mark Boolootian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:19:15 -0700 (PDT)

>Did someone record this and could possibly rebroadcast?

You can listen to it via real audio.  Check out:

  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/nova/everest/team/archive.html

More info on the climb at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/nova/everest/

And a fascinating interview with Breashears after last year's 
disasterous turn of events on the summitt:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/nova/everest/everest96/week3/newsflash/interview.html