Subject: mbone routing table huge

From: John Meylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:24:24 -0800

Has anyone been able to trace the source of the
dvmrp route table explosion.??  I'm seeing 
up to 30K+ routes.

- john

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 17:32:03 -0500

>dvmrp route table explosion.??  I'm seeing 

Yes.  It's at St Andrews in Britain.  I've mailed the system
administrator, but no response so far.

Mark

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:04:53 +0100 (MET)

> administrator, but no response so far.

I am wondering if at least in europe (read: every country with a
"countable" number of networks on MBone) we shouldn't start setting up
DVRMP-policies, i.e.: filter out routes that are invalid and summarise
subnet routes. This would keep problems in a smaller context.

Toerless