From: "Freedman, Jerome" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:48:38 -0500

>Please excuse me if this is a dumb question. I have to ask it and this
>seems to be the place.

>Suppose I have a network situation such as this

>                     |
 >   Multi-cast ------|------Multicast 
>     router          |       router

>   The link between the routers is a direct link so there need be no
>tunneling. I have the further restriction that all that can go across
>the link are data packets, no routing protocol packets may traverse the
>link. Arbitrary routing protocols, (MOSPF etc) may run on either side
>but they may not communicate, the routing on the link is static. Can I
>get this configuration to work? Can multi-cast trees be built with these
>constraints

 I apologize. I forgot to say that I CAN run IGMP across that link

                       Jerry Freedman,Jr

           >\  |  /<
           (@) (@)
 ------ o00o-(_)-o00o---------------