Subject: mrouted-3.9 beta 3 & Linux

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan C Day)
Date: 11 May 1998 16:48:19 GMT

Hi,

   Are there any patches for mrouted-3.9 to get it to work with
recent versions of Linux 2.1? I tried writing a quick-fix, but
it looked like it'd take more than that to get it to compile.

Jonathan

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:45:57 -0400 (EDT)

Let me try it on 2.1.99 and get back to you.

_J

---

From: Koji OKAMURA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:41:29 +0900

Hi,

> it looked like it'd take more than that to get it to compile.

I have succeeded in compiling mrouted-3.9-beta3.tar.gz under 
Linux 2.1.96 with linux-iclude/netinet included in tcpdump.

mrouted's Makefile:

MCAST_INCLUDE=  -I/usr/src/tcpdump-3.0.2-linux/linux-include

CFLAGS=         -O ${MCAST_INCLUDE} ${SNMPDEF} ${RSRRDEF} -D__BSD_SOURCE -DRAW_
INPUT_IS_RAW -DRAW_OUTPUT_IS_RAW -DIOCTL_OK_ON_RAW_SOCKET        ## Linux

I can just compile mrouted and do not know that it works or not.

--
Koji