Subject: network unreachable msg

From: Anh Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 96 15:12:50 PDT

Hi,

I installed mrouted in our SPARC 5 and running it with the debug
turned on.  I have the SPARC 5 and a PC connected to our router.
The PC is running mrouted on Linux and it is doing fine.  However I
keep seeing the same warning messages on the SUN like the following:

warning - sendto to 224.0.0.4 on 147.128.#.#:  Network is unreachable.

Also I cannot ping to 224.0.0.4 on the SUN whereas I can do so on the PC.
Does anyone have an idea of why this is so?  Thanks in advance.

Anh

P.S.  Of course I have the same problem as Jeffrey C. had last year
when I tried to install multiple e-net cards on the SPARC 5.  We are
now trying the Fast Ethernet card and not seeing the 'TINT but buffer
owned by LANCE' err anymore but I don't know whether the Fast Ethernet
card would contribute to the network unreachable err above ???

---

From: Anh Vu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 96 16:48:56 PDT

Hi,

Nevermind my last e-mail, I've found the problem....I've got no
routes, that's why.

Anh