Subject: mrouted3.9 beta3 + Linux 2.1.x

From: "Manisha Bajpai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 02:39:38 -0600

Hi,

Has anyone compiled mrouted 3.9 beta3 over Linux 2.1.97 or Linux 2.1.98.

While compiling it is not able to find the file "ip_mroute.h". I have searched for this file in the kernel sources, other relevant areas too but am not able to find it.

In the latest Kernel sources there is "/include/config/ip/mroute.h" file. Is it possible that ip_mroute.h file has been substituted by this one. 
If anyone has compiled the mrouted then please reply back to me......

TIA,
Manisha.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have gotten mrouted to compile before.  My current 2.1 tree doesn't seem
to have an ip_mroute.h either.

However, a machine at work does see to have it.  It appears it is part of
glibc somehow.  Another machine at home has it, but no glibc. I'm not sure
where it came from--I think there are some include bits you're supposed to
find from somewhere. :-)

marmaduke:~/msdp$ find /usr/include -name ip_mroute.h -print
/usr/include/netinet/ip_mroute.h
marmaduke:~/msdp$

_J

---

From: Patrick Vielle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:20:38 -0500 (CDT)

/usr/include/netinet/ip_mroute.h is part of libc and only contains:
#include <linux/mroute.h>

/usr/include/linux is always a soft link to the kernel header files 
directory (normaly /usr/src/linux/include/linux). So mroute.h comes with
the kernel sources.

You could change the #include <netinet/ip_mroute.h> for 
#include <linux/mroute.h> in the mrouted source, or add ip_mroute.h as
above.

I wonder if anyone is working on porting the MBONE tools to the GNOME
project. See http://www.gnome.org. It would be great to have multicast
videoconferencing applications standarly integrated into the Gnome
desktop. Do the licenses for VIC, VAT & SDR permit the modification of the
sources to compile with the Gimp Tool Kit (GTK)? 

Patrick Vielle.
Instituto Federal Electoral.
Mexico, DF.