Subject: Distributed Interactive Game experiments

From: Laurent GAUTIER <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:54:22 +0200

Hi folks,

We have developed at INRIA a Distributed multiplayer Game named MiMaze (see
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/MiMaze/ for details).

The main inovation in MiMaze is that it uses no server and it gains from using
multicast communication thru the MBone.

MiMaze main feature are: distributed synchronization, dead-reckoning, collision
resolution, unreliable transmission using RTP/UDP/IP multicast.

At this time, we would like to analyze the behavior of our application with
a large number of players and with many different network delays.

We have scheduled two experimental game sessions during which we will collect
data: October 28 and 30

We would appreciate if you could participate to one of these experimentation
sessions. It will take you a little bit of time, but it will be worth it !

You can find details on the MiMaze experimentation campaign on
http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/MiMaze/exp/

Thanks, and Enjoy MiMaze!

-- 
  ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
  O  Laurent GAUTIER                  0  E-Mail:                          O
  O                                   0   [email-masked] O
  O  INRIA Sophia Antipolis (France)  0  Phone:  (33) 4 93.65.76.10       O
  O  RODEO Laboratory                 0  Fax:    (33) 4 93.65.77.65       O
  ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo