Subject: Support for Multicast on the FreeBSD 2.2.7

From: Graciana Simoní Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:21:29 -0200

Hi!

	Would anyone be enough to let me know how I could proceed to recompile the
kernel of the FreeBSD 2.2.7 in order to set the support for multicast,
because when I execute the mrouterd3.8 the following message is show:

	Cant't enable Multicast routing in kernel: Operating not supported

	Please, send me an answer asap!!! Thanks all!

Best regards!

		   *-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
       *           *      Graciana Simoni Fischer      *       	*
      /_\          *   10º sem Ciencia da Computacao   *       /_\
    (~. .~)        *  UNISC - Univ. Santa Cruz do Sul  *     (~._.~)
     (_Y_)         *        http://www.unisc.br        *      (_Y_)
  --()-,-()-<--@   *      VISITE NOSSA HOME-PAGE       *   --()-,-()-<--@
    (_)-(_)        *      Santa Cruz do Sul - RS       *     (_)-(_)
		   *-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:47:38 PST

You need to build a new kernel with "options MROUTING"; see
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook39.html#41 for instructions on
building a custom FreeBSD kernel.

  Bill