Subject: Cisco question

From: Raza Abbas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:45:49 -0800

Joseph Porrovecchi & Yves Lepage
Thanks again for responding.

I am sorry for not replying earlier. Something new had developed and it
looks like a "clean" solution. But like anything else has problems.

The power pc is directly attached to a CISCO 7000 router which supports
multicasting. Our network admin. had agreed to activate the multicast
support on the router.

The problem is that I am not a router guru and the network admin. tried
but could not find a slon'. The problem is that on the router we have
enabled the multicasting and PIM but we are not recieving any multicast
packets which is evident from an empty multicast route table. 

Can someone tell me what else needs to be done here? I checked the
cisco's ref. page and this  is all that they recommend.

Thanks 
Raza Abbas

---

From: "John M. Zwiebel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:43:29 -0800

Raza:

You might want to try [email-masked].

I'm assuming you have a DVMRP tunnel somewhere.  If that is the case 
you probably are having RPF failure problems.  There are some papers
you might find helpful connected to 

ftp://ftp-eng/ipmulticast.html

z