Subject: Spanish HP Official answer about HPUX 10.10

From: Luis Anaya Torres <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 08:29:22 +0200 (DFT)

Spanish HP support says about ip-multicast in HPUX 10.10:

"HPUX 10.10 has IP-multicast kernel version 3.3. In HPUX version 10.30
which will appear in March 1997 (!!!!) it will be the IP-multicast kernel
version 3.5. There isn't any official patch to get ip-multicast kernel
version 3.5 in HPUX 10.10".

I has opened a "Enhancement Request" at HP Support to try to accelerated
the upgrade to 3.5. Please do the same!.

Stay tunned!

Luis Anaya
Universitat Rovira i Virgili

---

From: "Holger Fahner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 10:19:15 +0200

Hi,

> version 3.5 in HPUX 10.10".

We recently managed to run Mrouted 3.8 on the existing multicast kernel of
HPUX 10.10. At a first glance it seems to work properly.

You may try that if you want:

ftp://www-ks.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/mbone/mrouted/mrouted3.8/
mrouted3.8_HPUX10.10.gz

Best regards,

Holger

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holger Fahner                                 University of Stuttgart
                                        National Supercomputing Center (RUS)        
                                               Communication Systems

Allmandring 30                          Phone          ++49 (0) 711 685 5736
D-70550 Stuttgart                       Fax            ++49 (0) 711 678 7626
Germany                                 E-mail   [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------