Subject: End user questions?

From: "Jesus Maria Arango - Ing. Comunicaciones FSM LTDA." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 23:42:44 +0500 (GMT)

I know I shouldn't ask these questions here, but its easier than
subscribing somewhere else just to ask a couple of questions ...
I have been reading to much about protocols, it's time for me to be a
user.

What is the most standard application-level protocol for audio and for
video?

What Windows 95 programs use it?
What Solaris programs use it?

Which application-level protocol is used for IETF meetings and what
software supports it?

Thanks in advance

  *****************************************
  *             Jesus Arango              *
  *      Ingeniero de Comunicaciones      *
  *  Supernet - FSM LTDA. - Cablesistema  *
  *        E-Mail: [email-masked]        *
  *       Internic POC Handle: JA406      *
  *          Tel: (574) 268-9000          *
  *          Fax: (574) 268-1281          *
  ****************************************

---

From: "Jesus Maria Arango - Ing. Comunicaciones FSM LTDA." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:46:23 +0500 (GMT)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Jon Crowcroft wrote:

> h261 video, pcm audio
> on RTP/UDP

Which app. protocol out of these is the most widely used?
Out of RTP or UDP which one is more widely used?