Subject: mrouted - V3

From: "Jung, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:39:30 -0500

Hope I haven't missed this already, but I am getting curious 
about features in Mrouted/DVMRP.v3?

I am curious about several things particualy, since I do a lot of
work at home over a relatively slow link..(128k ISDN)..  

1) Will future version of DVMRP be capable of sending multiple
upstream Prunes as it seems they are missed on occasion
which continues to flood my link especially with the explosion
of the mbone?

2) Will Sparse Mode PIM be implemented or something similar?

tnx --mikej
Michael Jung

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 13:21:07 -0500

In message <c=US%a=_%p=Financial_Allian%l=[email-masked]
>which continues to flood my link especially with the explosion

Yes. A new draft that will be released soon includes retransmission
of prunes. A snapshot of the new draft including this is available at
http://www.jnx.com/~pusateri/dvmrp

>2) Will Sparse Mode PIM be implemented or something similar?

No. Between PIM, CBT, and YAP, I think we're covered here.

Tom

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:55:33 +0200 (EET)

> 2) Will Sparse Mode PIM be implemented or something similar?
Why don't you just get gear that will run sparse mode PIM instead of
trying to get it into mrouted?

Pete