Subject: WhitePine's MeetingPoint Server and Multicast

From: "Jonathan Evans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:59:58 -0000

Hello,

Has anyone tried using WhitePine's MeetingPoint server with a multicast
enabled conference ? I did a short experiment recently (running on NT4
Server) and found two things:

1) Occasional, eventually leading to *constant* crashing of the server
executable (mpcs.exe). This only happens once I enable multicast. Could this
be the fault of the multicast support on the 3COM, 3X905 card ? Does anyone
have experience of multiple multicast connection using NT and this card ?

2) The in-built SAP tool repeats session details (visible in CuSeeMe and
SDR) at about 20 times / min. This seems way to high to me ! What should be
the correct rate ? Does anyone know how to reduce the frequency.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried MeetingPoint and IP Multicast
(particularly on the M-Bone) and would be willing to share their
experiences.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

====================================================================
Jonathan Evans
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
The University of Liverpool
PO Box 147                                E-Mail: [email-masked]
LIVERPOOL   L69 3BX                       Fax: (+44)-(0)151-794-4540
United Kingdom (UK)                       Tel: (+44)-(0)151-794-4609
====================================================================