Subject: shrimp

From: Art Houle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:42:40 -0500 (EST)

Kristian,

  I have insatlled and used shrimp tools on a Win95 machine.  They work
great to recieve audio and video and also source audio.  But I am having
trouble getting it to source video.  I have installed Hauppaug WinTV and
the included software can display my camera input well on the screen.

   Can someone give detailed instructions as to how to originate a video
session using WinTV, SDR, and VIC, or point me to a FAQ that explains
this.

Thanks.

Art Houle     				e-mail:  [email-masked].
Academic Computing & Network Services 	 Voice:  644-2592
Florida State University		   FAX:  644-8722

---

From: Kristian Hasler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:05:26 +0000

> session using WinTV, SDR, and VIC, or point me to a FAQ that explains

You need to configure the driver before using it with vic to use
Composite and PAL.  You can do this by either using vc.exe or if you are
using v2.8ucl1 you can select 'Configure on Transmit' from the Options
menu (under encoder) before transmitting.

For more information on how to use vic, there is a user manual/usage
guide at:
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/mash/software/usage/vic.html

Kris