Subject: HP-UX 10.20 still not fixed

From: "Jeffrey S. Curtis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:25:13 -0600

Back in November, HP told me that the bug in HP-UX 10.20 which prevents
applications from receiving multicast traffic would be fixed by the
middle of January.  That time came and went, and no patches are out.

Then, this past weekend, they released PHNE_9104, which contained the
SR reference for the bug in question:

                ( SR number:  5003345207  )
        An application binding to a multicast address does not
        receive packets sent to that multicast address.

There's one small problem, though.  PHNE_9104 is ONLY FOR HP-UX 10.10!

Argh.  So I called them back up, and now they're telling me that they
think it will be another four or five weeks before they can fix this
stupid bug for HP-UX 10.20.  Sheesh.

Jeff
-- 
Jeffrey S. Curtis                      | Internetwork Manager
Argonne National Laboratory            | Email: [email-masked]
9700 South Cass Avenue, ECT-221        | Voice: 630/252-1789
Argonne, IL 60439                      | Fax:   630/252-9689