Subject: Posting Position Openings

From: renee wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:51:53 -0800 (PST)

I would like to post several position openings for a new startup company 
whose mission is broadband delivery of real-time video/audio in a hugely 
scalable environment.  These two things: real-time and true scalability 
set this product apart from anything else on the market or planned for 
the market.

The leader of this company is considered a luminary in the field; a peer 
to Marc Andreesen; a real contributor in the multicast world, and author 
of several books, one specifically revolving around MBone.  

I am looking for software engineers with specialties in Video, Audio, 
Windows, MultiMedia, Networking/Internet Protocols, Server Development, 
Network Security, etc., and who are **very** excited about startup 
opportunities with market potential in:

  -- Financial News and Info Services
  -- Corportate Training and Distance Learning
  -- Software Distribution
  -- Multiplayer Interactive Games
  -- Real-Time MultiMedia Groupware
  -- Database replication and caching
  -- Wireless Mobile IP Applications
  -- Broadband Content Delivery

These opportunities are hot!  Located in the S.F. Bay Area (Silicon 
Valley).  If you are interested in making a name in this field please 
contact me at your earliest convenience.  Resumes can be sent via fax or 
e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you gurus!

Renee Wise
OPTIMUM
415-863-2700
415-863-2777 fax
[email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 00:24:41 -0800 (PST)

I consider your posting of job openings to be inappropriate for the
mbone mailing list, despite the fact that people you may wish to reach
are reading the list and that some of them may be interested in your
message.  This list is intended for management and operation of the
MBone, but "noise" on the list can cause that function to be lost.
Please refrain from sending any similar messages in the future.

							-- Steve