Subject: Looking for MBONE feed

From: Eric Kozowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:05:57 -0800 (PST)

We're looking for an MBONE feed from someone UUNet connected, preferably
via DS3, and close (network wise) to 906.Hssi4-0.GW1.POR1.ALTER.NET.

I already contacted UUNet directly, but they said they were unable to
provide a feed/tunnel to us and didn't know when they would be able to
provide one.

We currently have a tunnel set up to U of O (thanks Dave!), but are looking
for something with a bit more bandwidth and less loss.

-- 
Eric Kozowski              Senior Network Engineer
[email-masked]        Structured Network Systems, Inc.
(503)525-9375 FAX          http://www.structured.net/
(800)881-0962 Voice        
PGP Key fingerprint =  2E 5F 3E 6D AA 61 AA 14  D8 FB A4 15 CE 2C D8 8C
'They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' -- Benjamin Franklin 1759

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:49:55 -0700

i'd think that if uunet doesn't have the resources (which i doubt), that they 
should arrange the tunnel from an alternate source .. considering it'll 
transit their network...

my $0.02

-danny

---

From: Eric Kozowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:05:20 -0800 (PST)

>should arrange the tunnel from an alternate source .. considering it'll 

One would think so.  However, they have been extremely unhelpful re: mbone.

---

From: Joe Provo - Network Architect <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 17:15:10 -0500

Given the recent-ish messages regarding UUNET's lack of inerest in feeding
mbone to customers, we understand their latency in answering our requests.
We were wondering if anyone topologically close to either 
Hssi2-0.CR1.BOS1.Alter.Net (137.39.101.166) or a0.1022.boston1.agis.net 
(206.185.153.209) would be interested in tunneling to us.  Sprint's been 
very co-operative, but we'd rather have the tunnel[s] built out over our 
DS3s.

Warning: we're still green on things, so we're not looking to turn this
tunnel up today, just looking for Real Soon Now.  Please contact myself
<[email-masked]> or <[email-masked]> if you could lend a hand with a
tunnel.

Cheers,
--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         800.763.8111 x3006
Network Operations Center                            Fax   508.229.2375
UltraNet Communications, Inc.                        <[email-masked]>