Subject: Mbone broadcast of President Clinton's USCD Commencement Address

From: Richard Gallup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:07:08 -0700

UC San Diego and the San Diego Supercomputer Center to Present
Live Broadcast of President Clinton's Commencement Address.

On Saturday, June 14, 1997, President William Jefferson Clinton will
deliver the keynote address at the commencement ceremonies of the
University of California, San Diego (UCSD).  SDSC is providing the
enabling technology to broadcast President Clinton's address on the
Multicast Backbone (Mbone).

According to the White House Press Secretary Michael McCurry,
President Clinton will discuss the diversity of the American people, 
and will talk specifically about how to reconcile antagonisms between 
races and bring people together in one America to use diversity to 
make progress in the 21st century.

The Mbone broadcast will air from 9 a.m. to noon Pacific Standard
Time, and President Clinton's speech is slated to begin at about 
10 a.m.  

The commencement address will also be available live on the Internet
at http://www.ucsd.edu/commencement . More than 6,000 people will be
able to simultaneously view the Webcast. Viewers may choose to access
audio only or audio and video. The Webcast will use a new platform
called RealVideo which has been created by Progressive Networks.  This
platform provides live video for any user who has a connection to the
Internet and a 28.8 modem or higher.  Users will simply need to 
download free software from RealVideo.  A link is provided from the 
UC San Diego commencement Web site.

The SDR session will be announced as:

	"President Clinton's UCSD Commencement Address"

Richard Gallup --