Subject: Getting started

From: Roger Books <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:18:18 -0500 (EST)

I'm looking at setting up an mrouter on a cisco router (haven't decided
which one yet, we have 300+).  Initially it will be running just in
my building for about 40 people to use.  Once I get things set up and
tested I will be setting up to serve all the state agencies in Florida
that are behind our firewall.  I've read the FAQ, been through the Cisco docs
and looked at setup but haven't gone through the procedure yet.  I have
several questions, which I may have just missed in the docs, however...

How do I get someone to set up a tunnel to my router?  Our connection to
the internet comes from Sprint/Centel in Tallahassee if that makes a 
difference.

What port does the tunnel come in on?  I'll need that so we can open that
port up through our firewall once I find out where I find out the
feed information.

Is multicast PPP'able?  I get the fealing I'm going to become very familiar
with DVMRP.  If I'm going to provide this it also needs to run through
our Cisco 5100 and 5200 to provide the info for dialup customers.  I will
also be running through an Alantec router into the building.

TIA, and if I am posting in the wrong place someone please flame me.

Roger
(Oh, if necessary I have a Sparc 5, Solaris 2.5 set up as an mrouter, did
 this before I figured out that Cisco's IOS could do it.)

---

From: "John M. Zwiebel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:08:26 -0800

Read ftp://ftp.cisco.com/ipmulticast/Quickstart.dvmrp

There are numerous other papers there you should find useful.

z