Subject: Re: vic

From: Justin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:53:14 +0700 (GMT+0700)

The vic with VFW support and full duplex vat is available at:

the binaries:
ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/vicvat.zip

the sources:
ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/vicsrc.zip
ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/vatsrc.zip

other files/programs/libs needed:

Tcl7.5p1 and Tk4.1p:
http://sunscript.sun.com/TclTkCore/4.1.html

GSM libs for vat:
http://kbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/toast.html

They both work on NT's. I tested on NT 4.0 patch 3, and Win95(OSR/2).
You may add a line in makefile.vc : TARGETOS=BOTH to make sure it compiles
for both environments (95 & NT). I compiled with MS Visual C++ 4.1

---

From: Justin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 07:49:57 +0700 (GMT+0700)

I'm sorry, the first character of the file names should be capitals.
(Vicvat.zip, Vatsrc.zip and Vicsrc.zip)

> the binaries:
> ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/Vicvat.zip
> 
> the sources:
> ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/Vicsrc.zip
> ftp://ftp.nsc.ru/pub/conferencing/vicvat.windows95/Vatsrc.zip
> 

One of the changes in Tk:

File "tkWinX.c", function "XOpenDisplay", line 314, the fragment:
    } else if (screen->root_depth == 16) {
        screen->root_visual->class = TrueColor;
        screen->root_visual->map_entries = 64;
        screen->root_visual->red_mask = 0xf8;
        screen->root_visual->green_mask = 0xfc00;
        screen->root_visual->blue_mask = 0xf80000;
replaced by:
    } else if (screen->root_depth == 16) {
        screen->root_visual->class = TrueColor;
        screen->root_visual->map_entries = 64;
        screen->root_visual->red_mask = 0x7c00;
        screen->root_visual->green_mask = 0x03e0;
        screen->root_visual->blue_mask = 0x001f;