Subject: Sniffer

From: Sherif Mohamed Ismaiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:20:11 +0300 (EET DST)

I was just wondering if there is anything called a multicast
enabled sniffer?!?! one that can debug a multicast frame....and if so
where can one download it from or get it from....

			Thanks a lot,

Sherif Moahmed Ismaiel
Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC), Egypt
Tel:3391310
Fax:3391388

---

From: Andy McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:57:14 -0700 (PDT)

Would tcpdump work?  I know I've used it to "watch" multicast packets.
its included with FreeBSD/others....

-andy

--
Andy McConnell       アンディ マッコネル
Network Architect, NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories

Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who
don't have to do it?

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:10:20 -0400

>Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC), Egypt

tcpdump supports many multicast protocols

ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/tcpdump-3.4.tar.Z
ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/libpcap-0.4.tar.Z

while

rtpdump will dump multicast data in RTP protocol format.
ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/pub/schulzrinne/rtptools/

Hope this helps,
Tom

---

From: Sang-Eun Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:55:40 +0900

> Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC), Egypt

Visit my homepage, download this sniff for windows95.
One thing that you should do is to code the routine that
displays muticast packets with the help of source codes.

http://widecomm.korea.ac.kr/~seh/downloads/SnowingENG.html

I hope that this will give you some help.

Bye