Subject: H.320,H.323, and MBONE gateway.

From: [email-masked] (Michael K. Sewell)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:02:00 -0600

Does anyone have any knowledge on a gateway that can service H.320,H.323, as well as the MBONE suite for video conferencing? Can 
this be done? I am fairly ignorant about this (strong word, but truthful), but 
this hasn't prevented me from being tasked with the solution. Any help 
appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Sewell
[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Hoermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:50:58 +0100

Michael K. Sewell wrote:

> this be done?

Hi Mike,

in principle yes, but the signalization on the H.323-side is quite tricky. Nevertheless, there exists a prototyp that was build
during the MERCI project. For a first glance, take a look at:

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/merci/deliverables/d10.1/d10.1.html#BM7

They divided the gateway into two parts, one which serves as a H.320/H.323 gateway and the other - yep, right guess - as a
H.323/MBone gateway.

Me, myself and I are three students working on a H.323/MBone gateway, too, but we three got big problems with the signalization on
the H.323 side because it is on the one hand - politely said - not well documented and on the other hand coded in Packed Encoding
Rules which makes it - I am very polite today - a little hard to code and decode.

BTW: maybe there are some sponsors out there just waiting to provide me with a H.323-stack :-) ?

Hope this information helped a little

Peter