Subject: MBone for my Labtop

From: [email-masked] (Ridvan Erdogan)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 12:30:46 PDT

Hi folks,

I am having hard times and need some help.

I am trying to install MBone tools into my labtop. It's a pentium based machine
and Win95 is running on it. I have 16M of RAM.     

I have downloaded the packet "winsdr22.zip", uncompressed it, and run sdr.
I have created a session and this session has been announced to other hosts.
I am able to see this session on an SGI machine. Hovewer, my sdr running on my 
labtop cannot catch any sessions. I am not able to join sessions via sdr. I havethe same problem with sd.

I have installed Win95 TCP/IP stack. I am using Xircom CE2 Performance Series
CreditCard Ethernet Adapter.

Thanks for the ideas and help.

Regards Ridvan.

---

From: "Dwight E. Spencer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 20:43:01 -0300 (ADT)

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Ridvan Erdogan wrote:

> I am able to see this session on an SGI machine. Hovewer, my sdr running
> on my laptop cannot catch any sessions. I am not able to join sessions
> via sdr. I havethe same problem with sd. 

I had a similiar problem with a laptop in my office.  I only joined
sessions that had been created by other hosts, however, not trying to
create my own with the win95 sdr.  With SDR, i noted that the tools had to
be in your PATH.  You could do this by either adding the path to your
tools and sdr in a path statement in an autoexec.bat, or as I did, put
them in your \windows\command directory.  There are only a few programs in
that directory, so its not too cluttered or difficult to find later.

Using SD, I noted that the tools simply had to be in the same working
directory as sd itself.  I also had to add a -R (or was that -r) to the
commandline for vat in 'sd'.  Perhaps give these  a try, and if they dont
work, contact me privately.

dwight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwight E. Spencer                    Canada's Community Access Network 
eMail: [email-masked],                            Server Administrator
                                          UNB, Fredericton, NB, Canada
Phone: +1 506 447 3153            Url:  http://cspace.unb.ca/~spencer/

---

From: Joseph Porrovecchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:44:01 -0400

> CreditCard Ethernet Adapter.

Using Precepts IP/TV, I experienced similar problems.
Contacting the people at Precept, I was advised to update my ethernet driver.
I was told that some ethernet cards do not support multicast.

Updating the drivers for win95 on my SMC PCMCIA EliteCard did the trick.

regards,

-- 
Joseph Porrovecchio

ONet Networking
Customer Support/Network Specialist
4 Bancroft Ave. Rm. 101
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1C1
Info: (416) 978-4589 Office: (416) 978-0188
http://enfm.utcc.utoronto.ca/~joseph