Subject: Seeking Expertise

From: [email-masked] (Steve Church)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 96 22:50:03 -0600

We are working on a new approach to audio over the Internet - one which would
offer higher audio quality and better reliability than RealAudio, Xing, etc.

We've been a leading manufacterer of audio codecs for the broadcast industry,
so we know audio coding/compression well, and have some technology that we
think would advance the art considerably.

It looks like we will want to use RTP and some kind of IP Multicast to
distribute the audio on the Net to keep the consumed bandwidth down and
improve reception reliabilty. The problem is, we're really light on knowledge
of these kinds of networking issues.

Do you know of anyone who has deep knowledge and ability in these areas?
Perhaps someone who has worked out some of these qusetions in connection with
the MBONE? We wish to hire such a person as a consultant to help us produce a
real-world product. 

Thanks!

--

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Church
TELOS Systems     2101 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114
Phone +1.216.241.7225, Fax 241.4103, Email [email-masked]

---

From: Kauto Huopio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 10:12:25 +0200 (EET)

> TELOS Systems     2101 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114

Hmm..interesting..are we going to find an ethernet port in Telos 
codecs..or perhaps their ISDN setup understands PPP soon :)

--Kauto

*********************** Kauto Huopio ([email-masked]) ******************
*Mail: Kauto Huopio, Laserkatu 3 CD 363, FIN-53850 Lappeenranta, Finland    *
*Tel : +358-53-4126573, GSM(mobile): +358-40-5008774		 	    *
*****************************************************************************