Subject: SGI VIC and Galileo

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:22:39 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone have a Vic 2.7 for the SGI?

I have a standard video board with to connectors on it one goes to the 
little INdy Cam the other to a cable with COMP and Y/C input/outputs on 
it.  Has anyone figured out how to use this cable, ie. so you can use a 
Sony 8-MM instead of the Indy Cam with VIC?

tks....chris

---

From: "Wessel de Roode" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 20:31:48 +0100

On Mar 5,  2:22pm, Chris Robson ATDNet Admin wrote:
> Subject: SGI VIC and Galileo
Yup I've a installable version of all the mbone tools on my ftp-site.

You can find it on:

http://mat075207.student.utwente.nl/pub/SGI/tardist/Audio_Video/
http://mat075207.student.utwente.nl/pub/SGI/tardist/Audio_Video/mbone.tardist.gz

It includes now:
    sd      1.18
    nv      3.3b
    wb      1.60 + fix for writing
    vic     2.7a29
    vat     4.0a2
    mmcc    0.55a
    radio   2.0.4

Also the mrouted is in a inst format there.

Cheeers Wessel

-- 
[---]
Your fortune cookie today is:

Decisions of the judges will be final unless shouted down by a really
overwhelming majority of the crowd present.  Abusive and obscene
language may not be used by contestants when addressing members of the
judging panel, or, conversely, by members of the judging panel when
addressing contestants (unless struck by a boomerang).
		-- Mudgeeraba Creek Emu-Riding and Boomerang-Throwing
		   Assoc.

---

From: "Andreas Rozek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:44:51 +0000

--- Forwarded mail from Andreas Rozek <[email-masked]>

Date:  Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:42:34 +0100
From: Andreas Rozek <[email-masked]>
To: Ajay Kachrani USG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Win95 Cookbk for SDR,VIC,VAT (many asked)

Hello!

> good infor, is "wb" available for "Win95"?

No, it isn't - and according to my knowledge, there are no plans to
port it.  For that reason,  I'm currently  developing  a new Shared
Whiteboard (written in Java),  that will be available for all plat-
forms providing  a Java run-time system  or  (although with limited
functionality due to security restrictions)  a Java-enabled browser
(This work  is funded  by the European Comission  in the context of
the Research Project MERCI)

My whiteboard is called "TeleDraw"  and is announced for end of No-
vember. I'll soon post the URL of a web page providing more details

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek
Rechenzentrum Universitaet Stuttgart       ******   **   **   *****
Kommunikationssysteme/BelWue-Entwicklung   **   **  **   **  **
Allmandring 3a                             **   **  **   **  **
D-70550 Stuttgart                          ******   **   **   *****
                                           ***      **   **       **
Telefon: ++49 (711) 685-4514               ** **    **   **       **
Telefax: ++49 (711) 678-8363               **   **   *****   ******
E-Mail:  [email-masked]
URL:     http://WWW.Uni-Stuttgart.De/People/Rozek

---End of forwarded mail from Andreas Rozek <[email-masked]>

--

Andreas Rozek
Rechenzentrum Universitaet Stuttgart       ******   **   **   *****
Kommunikationssysteme/BelWue-Entwicklung   **   **  **   **  **
Allmandring 3a                             **   **  **   **  **
D-70550 Stuttgart                          ******   **   **   *****
                                           ***      **   **       **
Telefon: ++49 (711) 685-4514               ** **    **   **       **
Telefax: ++49 (711) 678-8363               **   **   *****   ******
E-Mail:  [email-masked]
URL:     http://WWW.Uni-Stuttgart.De/People/Rozek

---

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 08:46:06 -0500 (EST)

Andreas

Will your whiteboard support multicast?
Have any early look sees of it?

....chris

---

From: "Andreas Rozek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:24:45 +0000

Hello!

> Will your whiteboard support multicast?

  Yes, it will support multicast (through native methods) until Java
  version 1.1 will offer multicast itself  (JDK 1.1 is announced for
  the first quarter 1997)

> Have any early look sees of it?

  Give me this afternoon  and  you'll get a description  including a
  snapshot.  The test phase is necessary  in order to check program,
  supporting packages,  installation  instructions  and  to find out
  potential problems on other platforms

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek