Subject: Re: mrouted3.9 beta3 + Linux 2.1.x

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan C Day)
Date: 27 Apr 1998 14:07:24 GMT

The secret is that ip_mroute.h isn't in the Linux kernel sources. :)

ip_mroute.h should be in any recent libc 5 for Linux, in /usr/include/netinet.
It's a one-liner - #include <linux/mroute.h>

It's probably in earlier libc's (at least since multicasting was actively
supported in the kernel), but I honestly don't know.

The latest "regular" C library (as opposed to glibc) is libc-5.4.44

(If you're currently using a version of libc /much/ earlier than this, you may
well be using a buggy version of gnu make, which is just going to sit there
blowing raspberries and coredumping, if you upgrade your libc without upgrading
make as well. :)

Jonathan

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jeremy Hall) writes:
> Hi,
> 
> I have gotten mrouted to compile before.  My current 2.1 tree doesn't seem
> to have an ip_mroute.h either.
> 
> However, a machine at work does see to have it.  It appears it is part of
> glibc somehow.  Another machine at home has it, but no glibc. I'm not sure
> where it came from--I think there are some include bits you're supposed to
> find from somewhere. :-)
> 
> marmaduke:~/msdp$ find /usr/include -name ip_mroute.h -print
> /usr/include/netinet/ip_mroute.h
> marmaduke:~/msdp$