Subject: 239.255.255.255, sdr and ICAST Broadcaster

From: Koji OKAMURA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 13:30:28 +0900

The Video over 239.255.255.255/4920 from icast.fcac.org is very nice,
but 239.255.255.255 is also used by SDR for local session announcement.

I guess that many people connected to MBone use SDR.  So, the Video
from icast.fcac.org may be delivered all over MBone.

--
Koji

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:55:26 PDT

This is a common error; using administrative scopes without having first
configured them.  239.255/16 is meant to be "local", for some definition
of "local", so if their border router was configured properly, Fairfax
Cable's transmission would be staying within their own domain.  In
addition, since administrative scopes are bidirectional, the data will
not be delivered to any domain which has configured their own local
scope.

  Bill