Subject: Re: MPEG for VIC

From: Van Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 96 13:02:30 PST

> You are probably talking about the latest 2.7 release from LBL
> that is receive only. I compiled 2.8 with the grabber stuff and
> it does not work with 16 bit displays. Have a look at:
> http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Kouvelas/vic

Isidor,

The 16-bit display support is in the vic-2.8 source (file
color-hi.cc) & is complete.  Unfortunately, there are serious
bugs in the Win95 tk port that keep it from working.  I sent a
set of patches to the tk group at Sun to fix this & a slightly
garbled (ie., non-working) version made it into the tcl7.6/tk4.2
release.  I'm currently bringing this up on our windows machine
& hope to soon put out new win95/nt vat & vic binaries.  When I
have a working set of win95 tk4.2 patches, I will put them on our
ftp site together with the vic src.

 - Van

---

From: Ignacio Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 14:40:12 +0100

> ftp site together with the vic src.
Any news on this?

I have to display vic 2.7b4 or 2.8 running on a Sun (Sparc-20/Solaris2.4) on
a laptop (16 bit display, XF86_SVGA server running on a Linux box) to remotely
control a conference (audio/video grabbers are on the Sun, laptop is in the
conference room). vic display is garbled.

Help appreciated.
Ignacio