Subject: Solaris MROUTED

From: Chris Robson ATDNet Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 15:27:28 -0500 (EST)

Folks

I see a mrouted 3.5 release for solaris should I used this or is there a 3.8 
release for solaris.  (and I hoped not have to do kernel mods when going to 
solaris, guess I was wrong)

...chris

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 07:29:30 +0000 (GMT)

> solaris, guess I was wrong)

You want to fetch the Solaris_mc35.2.4 (for Solaris 2.4) or 
Solaris_mc35+.2.5 (for Solaris 2.5).  Both contain the kernel 
modifications to support IP multicast routing version 3.5 and mrouted 
version 3.8.  The kernels mod. version and mrouted version numbers are 
not the same.

The procedure for modifying the kernel in Solaris is much simpler than 
SunOS,  it amounts to replacing 3 files and rebooting.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottish MICE National Support Centre       Email: [email-masked]
for your multimedia conferencing support    WWW:   http://mice.ed.ac.uk/mice/
=============================================================================

---

From: "Jeff Young" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:09:19 -0500

do you have an exact path for this file? (Solaris_mc35+.2.5)

> SunOS,  it amounts to replacing 3 files and rebooting.

Jeff Young
[email-masked]

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 11:16:06 +0000 (GMT)

> do you have an exact path for this file? (Solaris_mc35+.2.5)

Van has already mentioned playground.sun.com but for those in Europe, 
your nearest MICE National Support Centre FTP server will have this.  For 
Scotland the path is:

ftp://ftp.mice.ed.ac.uk/videoconference/ipmulticast/SunOS_5.5/Solaris_mc35+.2.5.tar.Z

---

From: liaison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:11:47 +0000

Hi,

>do you have an exact path for this file? (Solaris_mc35+.2.5)

  How about:
	
file://ftp.shu.ac.uk/pub/computing/packages/multicast/playground.sun.com/Solaris
_mc35+.2.5.tar.gz

  It looks, from your EMail address, that using playground directly will be 
quicker for you.

>[email-masked]

Dave Haywood.
[email-masked]