Subject: (Visual) MBONE Session Directory for Windows NT and Windows 95

From: Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:57:17 -0500

MBONE Session Directory for Windows NT and Windows 95

This is the first test release of my MBONE Session Directory tool.  It was 
written from scratch, by analyzing the (relatively simple) packet format.

You can download it at <http://tis_archive.thepoint.net/Internet/Interactive%20media/MBONE/SD/Win32/>.
This version was written from scratch, using MFC under MSVC40.

Things it can do:

  Receive sessions
  Show detailed information about sessions.

Things it cannot (yet) do:

  Originate sessions
  Cache known sessions to disk
  Run external programs

I am currently developing Win32 applications which will allow transmission 
and reception of many audio and video formats that are common on the 
MBONE.  If you are interested in this, feel free to drop me a line.  (That said, 
however, don't write to me if all you are going to say is, "Me too!".  I know.  
Trust me, you'll get a copy when it's ready.)

If you enjoy using this, great!  If you have suggestions for how to improve it 
(beyond just urging me to implement what the UNIX SD does), let me know.  If 
you feel like complaining, go write your own version and complain to yourself.

-- Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>