Subject: Large Fat Network Patched TCP

From: Chris Robson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone modified the Solaris_mc35+.2.5.1-patch distribution's tcp file
(/kernel/drv/tcp) to support Large Fat Networks?  This allow you to
configure your solaris box to adjust tcp parameters for 256k windows.

...chris

---

From: Graeme Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:32:10 +0100 (BST)

> configure your solaris box to adjust tcp parameters for 256k windows.

I thought support for LFNs came in Solaris 2.6.

=============================================================================
Graeme Wood                                 Email: [email-masked]
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552
=============================================================================

---

From: Chris Robson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:40:09 -0400 (EDT)

Yeap your right but since 2.6 is so new and nothing works with it, ie AFS,
I have to maintain a 2.5.1 system for right now

...chris

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:52:40 PDT

The modifications in /kernel/drv/tcp in the patch simply disable
multicast TCP.  If you are willing to live with the fact that if you're
the only member of a group people can establish TCP connections to you
using the group address (e.g. think about the firewall issues if you
have a firewall) then you can presumably just install the LFN patch
over top of the multicast patch and let it replace /kernel/drv/tcp.

  Bill