Subject: Re: ICMP destination unreachable errors

From: ken lindahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

colin,

this sounds like the problem described at 

   http://sandbox.parc.xerox.com/fenner/mbone/icmp.html

the second host in your list, 128.32.120.110, is one of uc berkeley's
ciscos running one of the problematic IOS versions -- i thought we had 
upgraded all our multicast-enabled routers but we missed this one. i've
just disabled multicast on it and will schedule an IOS ugrade. my
apologies for any problems this caused you.

ken

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Colin Perkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>We've been running an Mbone session this afternoon, and have been suffering
>from floods of ICMP "destination unreachable" messages, which seem to be
>triggered by multicast traffic flow.
>
>The hosts sourcing these packets are
>	192.215.199.2
>	128.32.120.110	(f8-1-0.inr-110-cory.Berkeley.EDU)
>	192.70.138.202	(vcu-router.networkvirginia.net)
>	132.168.255.254	(hiphop.ceng.cea.fr)
>	137.132.12.34
>Does anyone know what is causing this, and how we might avoid it in future?
>
>Regards,
>Colin
>