Subject: Re: inter-subnet woes

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:57:08 PDT

>    Got forwarded.

I was going to say "got forwarded", but changed it to "got heard" because
it's not clear which interface(s) the counted packets got forwarded out;
they may have been counted before an interface changed state.  The count
really says how many packets matching this source and group arrived, but
doesn't say much about how many went out.

  Bill

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:14:50 -0700

>> doesn't say much about how many went out.

    Right. The counter is incremented when the packet is forwarded out at
    least one olist entry. If a packet was received for a null olist, the
    counter *wouldn't* be incremented.

Dino

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:44:09 -0500 (CDT)

This is in reference to the problem I posted earlier about not being able
to conference across subnets.

FYI, I took John Zwiebel's advice and upgraded my router to IOS 11.1(10),
and things immediately started hopping.

Thanks all, for being so helpful - John and Bill in particular. This is a
great list.

Regards,
naeem

-------------------------------------------------------------
Naeem Bari			Tel: (314) 935-4865
Software/Network Engineer	Fax: (314) 935-7142
Office of the N/W Coordinator	[email-masked]
Washington U. in St. Louis	http://rusty.wustl.edu/~naeem/
--------------------------------------------------------------