Subject: sdr: expected network type IN, got IP4

From: Tom Adriaansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:20:56 +0100

Hi,

Is there anyone who knows, where the following is coming from?

"sdr: expected network type IN, got IP4"

Can this do any harm to any of my mbone tools? We have some problems with
losing sessions, so we think that this is maybe related to the message sdr
is coming up with.

Thanks in advance

-- 
 
M.vr.Gr.                                ("''/").___..--''"`-._
Tommy                                   `o_ o  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`) 
                                        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
                                      _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' .'
                                     (il).-''  ((i).'  ((!.-'

 ...................              Postmaster / Hostmaster / System Manager
 .            _+_  .   Name       Tom Adriaansen
 .           (***) .   Address    University Computer Centre (KUN/UCI),
 ............/===\..              Geert Groote Plein 41,
 . KKKKKUUUUUNNNNN .              6525 GA Nijmegen,
 . KKK  UUUUU NNNN .              The Netherlands.
 . K    UUUUU  NNN .   Phone      +31-(24)-3617958 (bgg 3617957/3617949)
 . KKK  UUUUU   NN .   FAX        +31-(24)-3617979
 . KKKKK UUU     N .   e-Mail     [email-masked]
 ...................

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:34:43 PST

>"sdr: expected network type IN, got IP4"

Sounds like the error that a buggy version of CuSeeMe (since fixed)
could cause.  It wouldn't cause the loss of any session other than the
malformed one that it's complaining about.

  Bill

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 14:45:49 -0500

>losing sessions, so we think that this is maybe related to the message sdr

It usually comes from announcements where the username in the
announcement contains a space which is contrary to the SDP spec.  sdr
ignores such announcements and logs this warning.  Other announcements
will be unaffected.

Mark