Subject: vic based on older RAPI, ISI rsvp4.1a4

From: Stacey Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 12:26:22 -0700

Hi,

I have ported vic to HP-UX 10.20. And I encoutered the problem of
invoking with RSVP enabled I quess. 

I run vic just now with the command:
	vic 224.2.180.115/49918/127 &

The below is the output I saw on the stdout:
--------
vic 224.2.180.115/49918/127
vic: warning: not using shared memory
vic: warning: ran out of colors; using private colormap
sid_ = 1, NULL_SID = 0
---------

I saw vic main window popped up with "Waiting for video..." msg shown,
however I have never seen the thumbnail size image. I do know that
ANL TelePresence Microscopy Collaboratory
(224.2.180.115/49918/127) is sending video streams and I verified this
with vic v2.7b2 on HP-UX 9.05 machine. 

My vic port for HP-UX 10.20 is based on older RSVP RAPI, rsvp4.1a4
( in term based on ID14's spec ). However the vic code I got was
vic-2.8 based on rsvp4.1a6. The way I got vic executable was to do the
following two modifications:

1) Added "-DOBSOLETE_API" to Makefile.
2) Copied "rsvp_intserv.h" file from rel4.1a6 rsvpd directory to
   vic directory.

Did anyone have similar experience?  Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, I run sdr on mrouter machine (HP-UX 9.05). Did anybody have
the experience on running sdr and mrouted on 10.20 machine?  I ported
sdr for 10.20 and failed on running it. ( I could not see any video
sessions being scheduled when invoking sdr. ) I have been told that IP
multicast tunneling does not work on 10.20, did anybody have this
experience? 

Thanks ahead of time,
-stacey

-- 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stacey Lee                      phone:   (408) 447-2433
Hewlett-Packard Company         fax:     (408) 447 3660
System Network Solution Lab     email:   [email-masked]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++