Subject: problem with vic 2.8 under Solari s2.6 on Ultra 2

From: [email-masked] (R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D.)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:49:11 -0400

Dear Netizens,

I'm experiencing an odd problem on my Ultra 2/200 under Solaris 2.6
when I try to run vic 2.8 in unicast mode.  I select the sunvideo card
as the Device, throttle down the bandwidth, and as soon as I hit "Transmit,"
the tool blows up with the following message in the window from which it
was invoked:

   /opt/SUNWits/Graphics-sw/xil/lib/pipelines/xilSUNWrtvc_ucode.a: No such file or directory

now .../xilSUNWrtvc_ucode.a is present, so I assume that it is complaining
about something it can not find.

The only patch I've installed thus far is 105795-01, which supposedly fixes a
problem with the hme0 interface.  The patch has no effect on the problem I've
described here.

Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance...

Cheerio, Rick Rodgers

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 23:07:17 +0200

Hi,

This should solve your problem:

# mkdir /opt/SUNWits/Graphics-sw/xil/lib/pipelines/

# ln -s /usr/openwin/lib/xil/devhandlers/xilIO_SUNWrtvc_ucode.a 
/opt/SUNWits/Graphics-sw/xil/lib/pipelines/xilSUNWrtvc_ucode.a

/P