Subject: Problems with winsd/winvat/winnv

From: Konstantin Antonakakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 16:41:32 0100

Hi,

I have tried winsd/winvat/winnv with many TCP/IP stacks 
(Microsoft, Trumpet and an older FTP stack) but with no 
success. 
Has anybody a running installation ???
 
Thanks. 
______________________________________________________________            
Technische Universitaet Berlin           Tel: +49-30-314-21171
TUBKOM Netzbetriebsgruppe		 Fax: +49-30-314-25986
Strasse des 17. Juni 136       	email: [email-masked]
D-10623 Berlin		   http://www.prz.tu-berlin.de/~kostas

---

From: Yves Lepage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 13:41:19 -0500

Hello,

I tried the win tools but something must have went wrong. Windoze could not  
even see that they were windoze programs even though I was getting the
"Must run microsoft windows" message when I tried to run them.

These are the win tools I got from Singapore.

Yves Lepage

---

From: Mark Abene <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:12:23 -0500 (EST)

> Has anybody a running installation ???

Where can these tools be found?

-Mark

---

From: Arlie Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 21:50:49 -0500 (EST)

> These are the win tools I got from Singapore.

I believe you'll find that these are Win32 apps.  If you run these under 
DOS, you'll get "You must run this program under Windows." or something 
similar, which is correct.  (It just doesn't say which version.)

Win 3.x will try to run them under a DOS shell, because it doesn't 
recognize the binary format, unless you have Win32S loaded.

-- arlie