Subject: IP Video servers

From: Lawrence Grigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:11:28 -0000

A am currently trying to compiling a list of IP based video server's, I am aware of mbone VCR, mMOD, Real Audio, VDO and Oracle7.

Does anyone know of any other server's, either already available or currently being developed?

I am particularly interested in any server's that support MPEG-2 delivery.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence.

---

From: Tristan Daude <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:46:36 +0100 (MET)

> I am particularly interested in any server's that support MPEG-2 delivery.

Try the SGI product COSMO Mediabase (http://www.sgi.com/cosmo/cosmo_mb.html)
It provides for playback of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 streams. Playback can be
performed either in unicast or using IP multicast. There are Netscape
Plugins implementing client support for playing back the streams and for
doing maintenance work on the server. 

Regrards,
   Tristan

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:45:03 +0100

SUNs mediaServer supports MPEG-2 in server distribution part and soon also in 
the clients (as far as I know the clients haven't been released to the public 
yet).

/P

---

From: Mike OBrady <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:38:50 +0000 (GMT)

> I am particularly interested in any server's that support MPEG-2 delivery.

Streaming MPEG-2 Server under development! MULTICAST based...

---
Mike O'BradY                                      http://www.on-net.co.uk
Technical Support                                 [email-masked]
ON-NET Internet Service Provider                  Yes we sell to ISPs
Tel: ++44-181-256-9990                            FAX: ++44-181-288-0222

---

From: "Stephen O. Berger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:42:49 -0500 (EST)

> I am particularly interested in any server's that support MPEG-2 delivery.

  What about VXtreme (www.vxtreme.com).

-- 
******************************************************************************
Stephen O. Berger                     |
Senior Systems Engineer               |
Technologic, Inc.                     |  Can your network keep a secret ?
Work Phone: 770-522-0222 ext. 230     |
******************************************************************************