Subject: FWD: vat and vic on Windows 95

From: "Julian J. Bunn, CN Division, CERN, Geneva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 12:03:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

  I have installed VAT4.0a6 and VIC2.7a37 on a PC running Windows 95 using VC++ 
version 4.0 and tk/tcl 4.1a2 and 7.5a2. I had to resolve the following problems
locally:

  1) audio_win32 : dprintf unresolved
  2) tkStripChart: xcleararea and xdrawsegments are not contained in tk4.1a2
  3) p64.h       : resetndblk needs to return an int

I also had to resolve blt and tk/tcl problems:

  1) vic.mak needs a define for bltutil.c to avoid duplicate strcasecmp from
     win32.c
  2) winMthErr not needed for VC++

I have the following problem. We start nv/vat sessions on a Sun sending to the
PC, where vic/vat are started thus:

  vat sunmed2/3456
  vic sunmed2/4444

On the Sun, the PC user appears in both vat and nv session lists, and some audio
from the PC gets through (although one has to be careful with the settings in vat 
on the PC if one uses a soundcard without full duplex audio capability ... we use
an SB16). But on the PC, the session lists just shows the local user, and no audio
or video seems to be received.

The test tones work OK on the PC, so there certainly seems to be audio function.
The vic window just displays the waiting for video message.

Has anyone any idea what might be wrong ? The PC and Sun are physically separated by
a couple of routers and bridges ...

Best regards,
 Julian Bunn 
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julian James Bunn / CERN Computing and Networks Division. Tel.: +41 22 767 5029
Email: [email-masked]                             CompuServe: 100327,317
WWW: http://128.141.239.100/jjb/jjb.html       PAW/PIAF Project & Data Analysis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Petri Helenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:17:59 +0200

> version 4.0 and tk/tcl 4.1a2 and 7.5a2. I had to resolve the following problems
Are binaries of these available? I could give them test drive on our
local network.

Pete