Subject: Re: Win95 Cookbk for SDR,VIC,VAT (many asked)

From: "Andreas Rozek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:30:02 +0000

Hello!

> You "teledraw" application looks interesting.  How have you managed to
> interface Java to multicast groups, if you don't mind me asking?  As
> far as I've been able to see, the socket interface doesn't let you
> hook into multicast groups.  What am I missing??

In principle, you're right - however, if you don't mind using native
methods, you may extend Java's (pretty poor) networking capabilities
to whatever you like... Peter Parnes has already shown how to imple-
ment multicast in May 1995!

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek
Rechenzentrum Universitaet Stuttgart       ******   **   **   *****
Kommunikationssysteme/BelWue-Entwicklung   **   **  **   **  **
Allmandring 3a                             **   **  **   **  **
D-70550 Stuttgart                          ******   **   **   *****
                                           ***      **   **       **
Telefon: ++49 (711) 685-4514               ** **    **   **       **
Telefax: ++49 (711) 678-8363               **   **   *****   ******
E-Mail:  [email-masked]
URL:     http://WWW.Uni-Stuttgart.De/People/Rozek

---

From: Ajay Kachrani USG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:54:08 -0500 (EST)

> My whiteboard is called "TeleDraw"  and is announced for end of No-
> vember. I'll soon post the URL of a web page providing more details

Would "TeleDraw" be compatible with "wb" i.e. will "TeleDraw" use same port
and wb protocol to accept/send multicast from "wb"?

--Ajay