Subject: mtrace, mrinfo, mstat information

From: Vera Volfson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:19:46 -0500

Hi,

   I am looking for the latest information on mtrace, mrinfo and
mstat multicast tools - proposals, drafts, rfc's etc.
All I could find is draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-00.txt that
expired 3/31/95.

Thanks,
Vera

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:02:51 PST

I just submitted an updated version of the traceroute I-D, which includes
several of the updates that I presented at the San Jose IETF (it should
have been submitted for that IETF except I missed the I-D deadline).

The only documentation on mrinfo is the source code of mrinfo and mrouted;
it uses a DVMRP message to ask a specific router for information.

mstat is just an SNMP client, so you can look at the MIB's (IGMP,
Multicast, DVMRP and PIM) for information about how mstat collects its
information.  Check for draft-ietf-idmr-*mib*.

  Bill