Subject: WWW6 Multicasting Plans

From: [email-masked] (R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D.)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:31:22 -0500

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: WWW6 Multicasting 7-11 April 1997

Dear MBONE/Net Colleagues,

We would like to reserve the capability to multicast audio/video/wb/nt
from the Sixth International World Wide Conference, to be held 7-11 April 1997
at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Nothern California, USA.  We realize
that the IETF is occurring the same week, so will take extra care to
coordinate our activities with our colleagues at the IETF to avoid generation
of excessive bandwidth (hi there, Evi! 8^).  We are tentatively announcing
four channels via sdr (2 for live presentation, 2 for tape delay rebroadcast),
though we would never have more than 2 running concurrently, and very likely
not even that most of the time.  We are not certain at this point if the
tape delay rebroadcast will occur at all.  Sdr announcments will be updated
as plans firm up.  In the tradition of recent conferences,
we also anticipate the possibility of using one of the new webcasting tools
to experimentally multicast some of the presenter's documents in html.

The Web server for the Conf. is at: http://www6conf.slac.stanford.edu/,
though it does not currently contain any information about multicasting
schedules.

For further information, please contact any of:

   David Martin ([email-masked])
   Jaromir Likavec ([email-masked])
   Rick Rodgers (rodgers@.nlm.nih.gov)
   
Best Regards, Rick Rodgers