Subject: vic v2.8 on SGI Indigo2 High Impact

From: "Thomas C. Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:06:22 +0100

Hi

I am running the MBone tools on a SGI Indigo2 High Impact
(IP22, Indigo2 video board, IRIX 6.2)

Everything works just fine, except... 

When I start to transmit video using vic, the performance of 
the machine goes down in a way that makes it impossible to do
ANY other work on it, even writing in the text tool or using
the wb is completely impossible.

Since I have installed the video board only recently I may have
done something wrong with the configuration, cause I dont think
that such a performance breakdown is normal.

When I use the SGI capture tool or the videoin tool, everything 
works perfectly. Its just the vic tool that seems to pull the 
brakes on my machine. 

It works much better on that cheap little Indy workstation next
door, which is pretty frustrating!

If anyone can help me in any way, I would be more than happy!

Cheers,
	Thomas

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas C. Fischer, MSc
        Assistant - Department of Communications Engineering

------------------------------------------------------------
Direct Line:                           + 49 (0) 711 397-4200
Departmental Facsimile:                + 49 (0) 711 397-4152
Electronic Mail:          [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------
Postal Address:                     Fachhochschule Esslingen      
                             Fachbereich Informationstechnik
                                         Flandernstrasse 101
                                             73732 Esslingen
                                                     Germany
------------------------------------------------------------