Subject: VIC 2.7a38 with Matrox Meteor under Linux (2.0.14)?

From: [email-masked] (Ricardo Sanchez)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:20:15 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up vic 2.7a38 with Matrox Meteor support
on a Linux 2.0.14 system. I'm using the linux matrox meteor driver
meteor-1.4b.tar.tgz (from ftp://ftp.rwii.com/pub/linux/system/Meteor/ )
and I get it to work with all the test programs provided in the release.
However, when using vic with matrox support (2.7a38), although the matrox
device is recognized (and initialized accordingly with the right port RCA
selected) nothing seems to happen when the transmit button is pressed
(neither video is captured nor bytes are transmitted). 

A while ago (12 Nov 1996) Dirk Lutzebaeck ([email-masked]) reported 
exactly the same problem but I could read any reply to it. Any success
stories on this?

Please reply directly to my email account: [email-masked]

Cheers,

- Ricardo

---

From: Andrew Swan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:11:43 -0800

> (neither video is captured nor bytes are transmitted). 

Sometime last fall there were 3 or 4 people who independently announced
hacked versions of the meteor grabber for linux to the meteor mailing
list ([email-masked]).  I don't have all the old announcements
around but the one we have been using here is at
  ftp://bmrc.berkeley.edu/pub/misc/grabber-meteor.cc

Our version was modified to work with the slightly different linux
device abstraction as well as to grab frames with yuv samples packed
and then copy them to separate planes since grabbing planar frames
locked up our P6s with Natoma PCI chipsets.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Swan -- [email-masked]
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~aswan/
Graduate Student, UC Berkeley Computer Science