Subject: CVE-2024-40946: hid: asus: asus_report_fixup: fix potential read out of bounds

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hid: asus: asus_report_fixup: fix potential read out of bounds

syzbot reported a potential read out of bounds in asus_report_fixup.

this patch adds checks so that a read out of bounds will not occur

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40946 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10-rc1 with commit 59d2f5b7392e and fixed in 6.10-rc3 with commit 89e1ee118d6f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40946
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/hid-asus.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8a630e8acd97c1610f71bb6d864262163410ed6e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9de62e88310cf50b3ee06344030dc16c19a26ccc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c117d5936ca7a271437f3d9eee0fce65edaca2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89e1ee118d6f0ee6bd6e80d8fe08839875daa241