Subject: CVE-2024-38391: cxl/region: Fix cxlr_pmem leaks

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cxl/region: Fix cxlr_pmem leaks

Before this error path, cxlr_pmem pointed to a kzalloc() memory, free
it to avoid this memory leaking.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38391 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit f17b558d6663 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 24b9362c9fa5
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit f17b558d6663 and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit eef8d414b07a
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit f17b558d6663 and fixed in 6.10-rc1 with commit 1c987cf22d6b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38391
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/cxl/core/region.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/24b9362c9fa57f9291b380a3cc77b8b5c9fa27da
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eef8d414b07a1e85c1367324fb6c6a46b79269bd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c987cf22d6b65ade46145c03eef13f0e3e81d83