Subject: CVE-2024-35881: Revert "drm/amd/display: Send DTBCLK disable message on first commit"

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Revert "drm/amd/display: Send DTBCLK disable message on first commit"

This reverts commit f341055b10bd8be55c3c995dff5f770b236b8ca9.

System hang observed, this commit is thought to be the
regression point.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35881 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 0dab75b433ed
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 3a6a32b31a11

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35881
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/clk_mgr/dcn35/dcn35_clk_mgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0dab75b433ed2480d57ae4f8f725186a46223e42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a6a32b31a111f6e66526fb2d3cb13a876465076