Subject: CVE-2024-35812: usb: cdc-wdm: close race between read and workqueue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: cdc-wdm: close race between read and workqueue

wdm_read() cannot race with itself. However, in
service_outstanding_interrupt() it can race with the
workqueue, which can be triggered by error handling.

Hence we need to make sure that the WDM_RESPONDING
flag is not just only set but tested.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35812 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 4.19.312 with commit 590441121960
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 4.19.313 with commit 347cca11bb78
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.4.274 with commit 3afdcc4e1a00
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.4.275 with commit 164be0a82438
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.10.215 with commit 9b319f4a8809
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.10.216 with commit ab92e11b73b4
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.15.154 with commit a86e54a34513
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit 7182175f565f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.1.84 with commit 916cd2fcbc1e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit 8672ad663a22
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.6.24 with commit da3b75931bb7
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit 2ff436b63998
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 972360238721
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 19f955ad9437
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit e4e47e406d74
	Issue introduced in 2.6.26 with commit afba937e540c and fixed in 6.9 with commit 339f83612f3a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35812
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/class/cdc-wdm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5904411219601127ffdbd2d622bb5d67f9d8d16c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/347cca11bb78b9f3c29b45a9c52e70258bd008bf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3afdcc4e1a00facad210f5c5891bb2fbc026067f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/164be0a824387301312689bb29b2be92ab2cd39d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9b319f4a88094b2e020e6db6e819c808d890098d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ab92e11b73b48b79f144421430891f3aa6242656
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a86e54a345139f1a7668c9f83bdc7ac6f91b6f78
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7182175f565ffffa2ba1911726c5656bfc7a1bae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/916cd2fcbc1e344bcabf4b2a834cdf5a0417d30c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8672ad663a22d0e4a325bb7d817b36ec412b967c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/da3b75931bb737be74d6b4341e0080f233ed1409
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ff436b6399859e06539a2b9c667897d3cc85ad5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9723602387217caa71d623ffcce314dc39e84a09
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/19f955ad9437a6859a529af34e2eafd903d5e7c1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e4e47e406d74cab601b2ab21ba5e3add811e05ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/339f83612f3a569b194680768b22bf113c26a29d