Subject: CVE-2024-27428: netrom: Fix data-races around sysctl_netrom_network_ttl_initialiser

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix data-races around sysctl_netrom_network_ttl_initialiser

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27428 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit acc653e8a3aa
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit eda02a0bed55
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit d1261bde59a3
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 775ed3549819
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit a47d68d777b4
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 5731369af2de
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit dca1d93fe42f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 119cae5ea3f9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27428
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/nr_dev.c
	net/netrom/nr_out.c
	net/netrom/nr_subr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/acc653e8a3aaab1b7103f98645f2cce7be89e3d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eda02a0bed550f07a8283d3e1f25b90a38e151ed
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d1261bde59a3a087ab0c81181821e194278d9264
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/775ed3549819f814a6ecef5726d2b4c23f249b77
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a47d68d777b41862757b7e3051f2d46d6e25f87b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5731369af2de21695fe7c1c91fe134fabe5b33b8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dca1d93fe42fb9c42b66f61714fbdc55c87eb002
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/119cae5ea3f9e35cdada8e572cc067f072fa825a