Subject: CVE-2024-27427: netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_timeout

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_timeout

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27427 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit 500936692ccc
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit eadec8da4451
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 291d36d772f5
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit b8006cb0a34a
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit fed835d41576
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 5d5c14efc987
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 7d1e00fc2af3
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 60a7a152abd4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27427
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/500936692ccca8617a955652d1929f079b17a201
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eadec8da4451c2c0897199691184602e4ee497d1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/291d36d772f5ea5c68a263ee440f2c9eade371c9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b8006cb0a34aaf85cdd8741f4148fd9c76b351d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fed835d415766a94fc0246dcebc3af4c03fe9941
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d5c14efc987900509cec465af26608e39ac607c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d1e00fc2af3b7c30835d643a3655b7e9ff7cb20
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/60a7a152abd494ed4f69098cf0f322e6bb140612