Subject: CVE-2024-27426: netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_maximum_tries

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_maximum_tries

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27426 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit 84b8486e9ced
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit f716a6823424
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 34a164d24482
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit f84f7709486d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit d28fa5f0e6c1
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit fa3f3ab5c399
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 42e71408e2c1
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit e799299aafed

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27426
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/84b8486e9cedc93875f251ba31abcf73bd586a3a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f716a68234242f95305dffb5c9426caa64b316b0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34a164d2448264b62af82bc0af3d2c83d12d38ac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f84f7709486d8a578ab4b7d2a556d1b1a59cfc97
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d28fa5f0e6c1554e2829f73a6a276c9a49689d04
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa3f3ab5c399852d32a0c3cbb8c55882f7e2c61f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42e71408e2c138be9ccce60920bd6cf094ba1e32
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e799299aafed417cc1f32adccb2a0e5268b3f6d5