Subject: CVE-2024-27425: netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_acknowledge_delay

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_acknowledge_delay

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27425 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit 6133a71c75da
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit 80578681ea27
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 34c84e0036a6
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 33081e0f3489
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 5deaef2bf564
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 7d56ffc51ebd
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit a22f9194f61a
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 806f462ba902

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27425
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6133a71c75dacea12fcc85838b4455c2055b0f14
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80578681ea274e0a6512bb7515718c206a7b74cf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34c84e0036a60e7e50ae50b42ed194d8daef8cc9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/33081e0f34899d5325e7c45683dd8dc9cb18b583
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5deaef2bf56456c71b841e0dfde1bee2fd88c4eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d56ffc51ebd2777ded8dca50d631ee19d97db5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a22f9194f61ad4f2b6405c7c86bee85eac1befa5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/806f462ba9029d41aadf8ec93f2f99c5305deada