Subject: CVE-2024-27424: netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_busy_delay

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_busy_delay

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27424 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit 7782e5e7047c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit 1f60795dcafc
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit f3315a6edaec
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 85f34d352f4b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 5ac337138272
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 4ccad39009e7
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 0a30016e892b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 43547d869943

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27424
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7782e5e7047cae6b9255ee727c99fc73d77cf773
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f60795dcafc97c45984240d442cdc151f825977
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f3315a6edaec12b461031eab8c98c78111a41f95
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/85f34d352f4b79afd63dd13634b23dafe6b570f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ac337138272d26d6d3d4f71bc5b1a87adf8b24d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ccad39009e7bd8a03d60a97c87b0327ae812880
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a30016e892bccabea30af218782c4b6ce0970af
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/43547d8699439a67b78d6bb39015113f7aa360fd