Subject: CVE-2024-27423: netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_requested_window_size

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix a data-race around sysctl_netrom_transport_requested_window_size

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27423 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit 4f2efa17c3ec
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit 89aa78a34340
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 652b0b358196
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 489e05c614db
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 46803b776d86
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit db006d7edbf0
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 0d43a58900e5
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit a2e706841488

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27423
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f2efa17c3ec5e4be0567b47439b9713c0dc6550
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89aa78a34340e9dbc3248095f44d81d0e1c23193
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/652b0b35819610a42b8a90d21acb12f69943b397
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/489e05c614dbeb1a1148959f02bdb788891819e6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/46803b776d869b0c36041828a83c4f7da2dfa03b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db006d7edbf0b4800390ece3727a82f4ae764043
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d43a58900e5a2bfcc9de47e16c6c501c0bef853
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a2e706841488f474c06e9b33f71afc947fb3bf56