Subject: CVE-2023-52666: ksmbd: fix potential circular locking issue in smb2_set_ea()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ksmbd: fix potential circular locking issue in smb2_set_ea()

smb2_set_ea() can be called in parent inode lock range.
So add get_write argument to smb2_set_ea() not to call nested
mnt_want_write().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52666 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 5349fd419e4f
	Fixed in 6.1.76 with commit e61fc656ceea
	Fixed in 6.6.15 with commit e9ec6665de8f
	Fixed in 6.7.3 with commit ecfd93955994
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 6fc0a265e1b9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52666
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/server/smb2pdu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5349fd419e4f685d609c85b781f2b70f0fb14848
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e61fc656ceeaec65f19a92f0ffbeb562b7941e8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9ec6665de8f706b4f4133b87b2bd02a159ec57b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ecfd93955994ecc2a1308f5ee4bd90c7fca9a8c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6fc0a265e1b932e5e97a038f99e29400a93baad0