Subject: CVE-2023-52665: powerpc/ps3_defconfig: Disable PPC64_BIG_ENDIAN_ELF_ABI_V2

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/ps3_defconfig: Disable PPC64_BIG_ENDIAN_ELF_ABI_V2

Commit 8c5fa3b5c4df ("powerpc/64: Make ELFv2 the default for big-endian
builds"), merged in Linux-6.5-rc1 changes the calling ABI in a way
that is incompatible with the current code for the PS3's LV1 hypervisor
calls.

This change just adds the line '# CONFIG_PPC64_BIG_ENDIAN_ELF_ABI_V2 is not set'
to the ps3_defconfig file so that the PPC64_ELF_ABI_V1 is used.

Fixes run time errors like these:

  BUG: Kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0x00000000
  Faulting instruction address: 0xc000000000047cf0
  Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
  Call Trace:
  [c0000000023039e0] [c00000000100ebfc] ps3_create_spu+0xc4/0x2b0 (unreliable)
  [c000000002303ab0] [c00000000100d4c4] create_spu+0xcc/0x3c4
  [c000000002303b40] [c00000000100eae4] ps3_enumerate_spus+0xa4/0xf8

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52665 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8c5fa3b5c4df and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit f70557d48215
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8c5fa3b5c4df and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit d0f0780f03df
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 8c5fa3b5c4df and fixed in 6.8 with commit 482b718a84f0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52665
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/configs/ps3_defconfig

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f70557d48215b14a9284ac3a6ae7e4ee1d039f10
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0f0780f03df54d08ced118d27834ee5008724e4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/482b718a84f08b6fc84879c3e90cc57dba11c115