Subject: CVE-2023-52651: wifi: ath10k: fix NULL pointer dereference in ath10k_wmi_tlv_op_pull_mgmt_tx_compl_ev()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath10k: fix NULL pointer dereference in ath10k_wmi_tlv_op_pull_mgmt_tx_compl_ev()

We should check whether the WMI_TLV_TAG_STRUCT_MGMT_TX_COMPL_EVENT tlv is
present before accessing it, otherwise a null pointer deference error will
occur.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52651 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 0cd3b0a1dc98
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit 88a9dffaec77
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit e1dc7aa814a9
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 4c4e592266b6
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 90f089d77e38
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 10a342fa2fe4
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit db755cf93f58
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 835c5d37f4b0
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit dc405152bb64 and fixed in 6.9-rc1 with commit ad25ee36f001
	Issue introduced in 4.19.2 with commit aea35bd40d64

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52651
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/wmi-tlv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0cd3b0a1dc987697cba1fe93c784365aa1f8a230
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88a9dffaec779504ab3680d33cf677741c029420
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1dc7aa814a95aeeb1b2c05be2b62af8423b15cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c4e592266b6eec748ce90e82bd9cbc9838f3633
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/90f089d77e38db1c48629f111f3c8c336be1bc38
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10a342fa2fe4c4dd22f2c8fe917d3b1929582076
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db755cf93f5895bbac491d27a8e2fe04c5f9ae4a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/835c5d37f4b0ba99e9ec285ffa645bc532714191
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad25ee36f00172f7d53242dc77c69fff7ced0755