Subject: CVE-2023-52466: PCI: Avoid potential out-of-bounds read in pci_dev_for_each_resource()

From: [email-masked]

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

PCI: Avoid potential out-of-bounds read in pci_dev_for_each_resource()

Coverity complains that pointer in the pci_dev_for_each_resource() may be
wrong, i.e., might be used for the out-of-bounds read.

There is no actual issue right now because we have another check afterwards
and the out-of-bounds read is not being performed. In any case it's better
code with this fixed, hence the proposed change.

As Jonas pointed out "It probably makes the code slightly less performant
as res will now be checked for being not NULL (which will always be true),
but I doubt it will be significant (or in any hot paths)."

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52466 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 09cc90063240 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit 5b3e25efe16e
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 09cc90063240 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit bd26159dcaaa
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 09cc90063240 and fixed in 6.8-rc1 with commit 3171e46d677a

Please see https://www.kernel.org or a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52466
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/linux/pci.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b3e25efe16e06779a9a7c7610217c1b921ec179
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd26159dcaaa3e9a927070efd348e7ce7e5ee933
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3171e46d677a668eed3086da78671f1e4f5b8405