Subject: CVE-2022-48737: ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_volsw_sx()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_volsw_sx()

We don't currently validate that the values being set are within the range
we advertised to userspace as being valid, do so and reject any values
that are out of range.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48737 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.300 with commit 9e5c40b5706d
	Fixed in 4.14.265 with commit 4977491e4b3a
	Fixed in 4.19.228 with commit 9a12fcbf3c62
	Fixed in 5.4.178 with commit c33402b056de
	Fixed in 5.10.99 with commit 038f8b7caa74
	Fixed in 5.15.22 with commit e8e07c5e25a2
	Fixed in 5.16.8 with commit ef6cd9eeb380
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit 4f1e50d6a9cf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48737
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e5c40b5706d8aae2cf70bd7e01f0b4575a642d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4977491e4b3aad8567f57e2a9992d251410c1db3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a12fcbf3c622f9bf6b110a873d62b0cba93972e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c33402b056de61104b6146dedbe138ca8d7ec62b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/038f8b7caa74d29e020949a43ca368c93f6b29b9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8e07c5e25a29e2a6f119fd947f55d7a55eb8a13
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef6cd9eeb38062a145802b7b56be7ae1090e165e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f1e50d6a9cf9c1b8c859d449b5031cacfa8404e