Subject: CVE-2022-48736: ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_xr_sx()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_xr_sx()

We don't currently validate that the values being set are within the range
we advertised to userspace as being valid, do so and reject any values
that are out of range.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48736 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.300 with commit 17e16a66b4f9
	Fixed in 4.14.265 with commit 54abca038e28
	Fixed in 4.19.228 with commit 7659f25a80e6
	Fixed in 5.4.178 with commit fd9a23319f16
	Fixed in 5.10.99 with commit 6877f87579ed
	Fixed in 5.15.22 with commit b0a7836ecf13
	Fixed in 5.16.8 with commit e09cf398e8c6
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit 4cf28e9ae6e2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48736
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17e16a66b4f9a310713d8599e6e1ca4a0c9fd28c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/54abca038e287d3746dd40016514670a7f654c5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7659f25a80e6affb784b690df8994b79b4212fd4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fd9a23319f16e7031f0d8c98eed6e093c2927229
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6877f87579ed830f9ff6d478539074f035d04bfb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0a7836ecf1345814a7d8ef748fb797c520dad18
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e09cf398e8c6db69c620b6d8073abc4377a07af5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4cf28e9ae6e2e11a044be1bcbcfa1b0d8675fe4d