Subject: CVE-2024-38631: iio: adc: PAC1934: fix accessing out of bounds array index

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iio: adc: PAC1934: fix accessing out of bounds array index

Fix accessing out of bounds array index for average
current and voltage measurements. The device itself has
only 4 channels, but in sysfs there are "fake"
channels for the average voltages and currents too.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38631 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 0fb528c8255b and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit 8dbcb3a8cfdf
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 0fb528c8255b and fixed in 6.10 with commit 51fafb3cd7fc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38631
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iio/adc/pac1934.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8dbcb3a8cfdf8ff5afce62dad50790278ff0d3b7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/51fafb3cd7fcf4f4682693b4d2883e2a5bfffe33