Subject: CVE-2024-38625: fs/ntfs3: Check 'folio' pointer for NULL

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Check 'folio' pointer for NULL

It can be NULL if bmap is called.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38625 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 82cae269cfa9 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 6c8054d59066
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 82cae269cfa9 and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit ff1068929459
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 82cae269cfa9 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 1cd6c96219c4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38625
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/inode.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6c8054d590668629bb2eb6fb4cbf22455d08ada8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff1068929459347f9e47f8d14c409dcf938c2641
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1cd6c96219c429ebcfa8e79a865277376c563803