Subject: CVE-2024-38617: kunit/fortify: Fix mismatched kvalloc()/vfree() usage

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

kunit/fortify: Fix mismatched kvalloc()/vfree() usage

The kv*() family of tests were accidentally freeing with vfree() instead
of kvfree(). Use kvfree() instead.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38617 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9124a2640148 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 7880dbf4eafe
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9124a2640148 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 42d21c972702
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9124a2640148 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 03758d5a0932
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9124a2640148 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 998b18072ceb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38617
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	lib/fortify_kunit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7880dbf4eafe22a6a41a42e774f1122c814ed02d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42d21c9727028fe7ee392223ba127484b1b8677e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/03758d5a0932016b6d5f5bfbca580177e6bc937a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/998b18072ceb0613629c256b409f4d299829c7ec