Subject: CVE-2024-38609: wifi: mt76: connac: check for null before dereferencing

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: connac: check for null before dereferencing

The wcid can be NULL. It should be checked for validity before
dereferencing it to avoid crash.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38609 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 098428c400ff and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit e469218765b2
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 098428c400ff and fixed in 6.10 with commit cb47c7be0e93

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38609
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt76_connac_mcu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e469218765b2781fb968778bd13595acec181a0e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cb47c7be0e93dd5acda078163799401ac3a78e10