Subject: CVE-2024-38604: block: refine the EOF check in blkdev_iomap_begin

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

block: refine the EOF check in blkdev_iomap_begin

blkdev_iomap_begin rounds down the offset to the logical block size
before stashing it in iomap->offset and checking that it still is
inside the inode size.

Check the i_size check to the raw pos value so that we don't try a
zero size write if iter->pos is unaligned.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38604 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 487c607df790 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 910717920c8c
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 487c607df790 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 72c54e063c32
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 487c607df790 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 10b723bcba89
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 487c607df790 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 0c12028aec83

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38604
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	block/fops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/910717920c8c3f9386277a44c44d448058a18084
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/72c54e063c32aeb38d43a2bd897821e6e5a1757d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10b723bcba8986537a484aa94dbfc9093fd776a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c12028aec837f5a002009bbf68d179d506510e8