Subject: CVE-2024-38595: net/mlx5: Fix peer devlink set for SF representor devlink port

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5: Fix peer devlink set for SF representor devlink port

The cited patch change register devlink flow, and neglect to reflect
the changes for peer devlink set logic. Peer devlink set is
triggering a call trace if done after devl_register.[1]

Hence, align peer devlink set logic with register devlink flow.

[1]
WARNING: CPU: 4 PID: 3394 at net/devlink/core.c:155 devlink_rel_nested_in_add+0x177/0x180
CPU: 4 PID: 3394 Comm: kworker/u40:1 Not tainted 6.9.0-rc4_for_linust_min_debug_2024_04_16_14_08 #1
Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (Q35 + ICH9, 2009), BIOS rel-1.13.0-0-gf21b5a4aeb02-prebuilt.qemu.org 04/01/2014
Workqueue: mlx5_vhca_event0 mlx5_vhca_state_work_handler [mlx5_core]
RIP: 0010:devlink_rel_nested_in_add+0x177/0x180
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 ? __warn+0x78/0x120
 ? devlink_rel_nested_in_add+0x177/0x180
 ? report_bug+0x16d/0x180
 ? handle_bug+0x3c/0x60
 ? exc_invalid_op+0x14/0x70
 ? asm_exc_invalid_op+0x16/0x20
 ? devlink_port_init+0x30/0x30
 ? devlink_port_type_clear+0x50/0x50
 ? devlink_rel_nested_in_add+0x177/0x180
 ? devlink_rel_nested_in_add+0xdd/0x180
 mlx5_sf_mdev_event+0x74/0xb0 [mlx5_core]
 notifier_call_chain+0x35/0xb0
 blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x3d/0x60
 mlx5_blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x22/0x30 [mlx5_core]
 mlx5_sf_dev_probe+0x185/0x3e0 [mlx5_core]
 auxiliary_bus_probe+0x38/0x80
 ? driver_sysfs_add+0x51/0x80
 really_probe+0xc5/0x3a0
 ? driver_probe_device+0x90/0x90
 __driver_probe_device+0x80/0x160
 driver_probe_device+0x1e/0x90
 __device_attach_driver+0x7d/0x100
 bus_for_each_drv+0x80/0xd0
 __device_attach+0xbc/0x1f0
 bus_probe_device+0x86/0xa0
 device_add+0x64f/0x860
 __auxiliary_device_add+0x3b/0xa0
 mlx5_sf_dev_add+0x139/0x330 [mlx5_core]
 mlx5_sf_dev_state_change_handler+0x1e4/0x250 [mlx5_core]
 notifier_call_chain+0x35/0xb0
 blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x3d/0x60
 mlx5_vhca_state_work_handler+0x151/0x200 [mlx5_core]
 process_one_work+0x13f/0x2e0
 worker_thread+0x2bd/0x3c0
 ? rescuer_thread+0x410/0x410
 kthread+0xc4/0xf0
 ? kthread_complete_and_exit+0x20/0x20
 ret_from_fork+0x2d/0x50
 ? kthread_complete_and_exit+0x20/0x20
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x11/0x20
 </TASK>

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38595 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8.7 with commit 967caa3d37c0 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit a05012017510
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit bf729988303a and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 05d9d7b66836
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit bf729988303a and fixed in 6.10 with commit 3c453e8cc672
	Issue introduced in 6.6.28 with commit 8c91c6085847
	Issue introduced in 6.8.8 with commit 8256c1211dc6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38595
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/sf/dev/driver.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a0501201751034ebe7a22bd9483ed28fea1cd213
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/05d9d7b66836d87c914f8fdd4b062b78e373458d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3c453e8cc672de1f9c662948dba43176bc68d7f0