Subject: CVE-2024-38590: RDMA/hns: Modify the print level of CQE error

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/hns: Modify the print level of CQE error

Too much print may lead to a panic in kernel. Change ibdev_err() to
ibdev_err_ratelimited(), and change the printing level of cqe dump
to debug level.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38590 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 45b31be4dd22
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit cc699b7eb2bc
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 17f3741c65c4
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 6f541a89ced8
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 817a10a6df93
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 06cf121346bb
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit 7c044adca272 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 349e85995228

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38590
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45b31be4dd22827903df15c548b97b416790139b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cc699b7eb2bc963c12ffcd37f80f45330d2924bd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17f3741c65c4a042ae8ba094068b07a4b77e213c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f541a89ced8305da459e3ab0006e7528cf7da7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/817a10a6df9354e67561922d2b7fce48dfbebc55
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06cf121346bbd3d83a5eea05bb87666c6b279990
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/349e859952285ab9689779fb46de163f13f18f43