Subject: CVE-2024-38587: speakup: Fix sizeof() vs ARRAY_SIZE() bug

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

speakup: Fix sizeof() vs ARRAY_SIZE() bug

The "buf" pointer is an array of u16 values.  This code should be
using ARRAY_SIZE() (which is 256) instead of sizeof() (which is 512),
otherwise it can the still got out of bounds.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38587 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19.313 with commit 756c5cb7c09e and fixed in 4.19.316 with commit 42f0a3f67158
	Issue introduced in 5.4.275 with commit 8f6b62125bef and fixed in 5.4.278 with commit cd7f3978c2ec
	Issue introduced in 5.10.216 with commit 6401038acfa2 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 07ef95cc7a57
	Issue introduced in 5.15.157 with commit 0d130158db29 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 504178fb7d9f
	Issue introduced in 6.1.88 with commit 89af25bd4b4b and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 3726f75a1ccc
	Issue introduced in 6.6.29 with commit 8defb1d22ba0 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit c6e1650cf5df
	Issue introduced in 6.8.8 with commit 0efb15c14c49 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit eb1ea64328d4
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c8d2f34ea96e and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit d52c04474fea
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c8d2f34ea96e and fixed in 6.10 with commit 008ab3c53bc4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38587
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/accessibility/speakup/main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42f0a3f67158ed6b2908d2b9ffbf7e96d23fd358
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cd7f3978c2ec741aedd1d860b2adb227314cf996
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/07ef95cc7a579731198c93beed281e3a79a0e586
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/504178fb7d9f6cdb0496d5491efb05f45597e535
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3726f75a1ccc16cd335c0ccfad1d92ee08ecba5e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c6e1650cf5df1bd6638eeee231a683ef30c7d4eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eb1ea64328d4cc7d7a912c563f8523d5259716ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d52c04474feac8e305814a5228e622afe481b2ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/008ab3c53bc4f0b2f20013c8f6c204a3203d0b8b