Subject: CVE-2024-38581: drm/amdgpu/mes: fix use-after-free issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu/mes: fix use-after-free issue

Delete fence fallback timer to fix the ramdom
use-after-free issue.

v2: move to amdgpu_mes.c

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38581 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 70b1bf6d9edc
	Fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 39cfce75168c
	Fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 0f98c144c15c
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 948255282074

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38581
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_mes.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70b1bf6d9edc8692d241f59a65f073aec6d501de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/39cfce75168c11421d70b8c0c65f6133edccb82a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f98c144c15c8fc0f3176c994bd4e727ef718a5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/948255282074d9367e01908b3f5dcf8c10fc9c3d