Subject: CVE-2024-38572: wifi: ath12k: fix out-of-bound access of qmi_invoke_handler()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix out-of-bound access of qmi_invoke_handler()

Currently, there is no terminator entry for ath12k_qmi_msg_handlers hence
facing below KASAN warning,

 ==================================================================
 BUG: KASAN: global-out-of-bounds in qmi_invoke_handler+0xa4/0x148
 Read of size 8 at addr ffffffd00a6428d8 by task kworker/u8:2/1273

 CPU: 0 PID: 1273 Comm: kworker/u8:2 Not tainted 5.4.213 #0
 Workqueue: qmi_msg_handler qmi_data_ready_work
 Call trace:
  dump_backtrace+0x0/0x20c
  show_stack+0x14/0x1c
  dump_stack+0xe0/0x138
  print_address_description.isra.5+0x30/0x330
  __kasan_report+0x16c/0x1bc
  kasan_report+0xc/0x14
  __asan_load8+0xa8/0xb0
  qmi_invoke_handler+0xa4/0x148
  qmi_handle_message+0x18c/0x1bc
  qmi_data_ready_work+0x4ec/0x528
  process_one_work+0x2c0/0x440
  worker_thread+0x324/0x4b8
  kthread+0x210/0x228
  ret_from_fork+0x10/0x18

 The address belongs to the variable:
  ath12k_mac_mon_status_filter_default+0x4bd8/0xfffffffffffe2300 [ath12k]
 [...]
 ==================================================================

Add a dummy terminator entry at the end to assist the qmi_invoke_handler()
in traversing up to the terminator entry without accessing an
out-of-boundary index.

Tested-on: QCN9274 hw2.0 PCI WLAN.WBE.1.0.1-00029-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38572 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 95575de7dede
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit b48d40f5840c
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit a1abdb63628b
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.10 with commit e1bdff48a1bb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38572
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/qmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/95575de7dede7b1ed3b9718dab9dda97914ea775
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b48d40f5840c505b7af700594aa8379eec28e925
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1abdb63628b04855a929850772de97435ed1555
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1bdff48a1bb4a4ac660c19c55a820968c48b3f2