Subject: CVE-2024-38571: thermal/drivers/tsens: Fix null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thermal/drivers/tsens: Fix null pointer dereference

compute_intercept_slope() is called from calibrate_8960() (in tsens-8960.c)
as compute_intercept_slope(priv, p1, NULL, ONE_PT_CALIB) which lead to null
pointer dereference (if DEBUG or DYNAMIC_DEBUG set).
Fix this bug by adding null pointer check.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38571 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 27600e0c5272
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 11c731386ed8
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 2d5ca6e4a287
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 06d17744b77b
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit fcf5f1b5f308
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit dfc1193d4dbd and fixed in 6.10 with commit d998ddc86a27

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38571
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27600e0c5272a262b0903e35ae1df37d33c5c1ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/11c731386ed82053c2759b6fea1a82ae946e5e0f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d5ca6e4a2872e92a32fdfd87e04dd7d3ced7278
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06d17744b77bc6cb29a6c785f4fad8c4163ee653
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fcf5f1b5f308f2eb422f6aca55d295b25890906b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d998ddc86a27c92140b9f7984ff41e3d1d07a48f