Subject: CVE-2024-38561: kunit: Fix kthread reference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

kunit: Fix kthread reference

There is a race condition when a kthread finishes after the deadline and
before the call to kthread_stop(), which may lead to use after free.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38561 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit adf505457032 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 1f2ebd3758e1
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit adf505457032 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 1ec7ccb4cd4b
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit adf505457032 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 8f5c841a559c
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit adf505457032 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit b0b755cb5a5e
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit adf505457032 and fixed in 6.10 with commit f8aa1b98ce40

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38561
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	lib/kunit/try-catch.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f2ebd3758e1cef6a1f998a1f7ea73310dcb1699
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1ec7ccb4cd4b6f72c2998b07880fa7aaf8dfe1d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8f5c841a559ccb700c8d27a3ca645b7a5f59b4f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0b755cb5a5e0d7168c3ab1b3814b0d3cad9f017
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8aa1b98ce40184521ed95ec26cc115a255183b2