Subject: CVE-2024-38560: scsi: bfa: Ensure the copied buf is NUL terminated

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: bfa: Ensure the copied buf is NUL terminated

Currently, we allocate a nbytes-sized kernel buffer and copy nbytes from
userspace to that buffer. Later, we use sscanf on this buffer but we don't
ensure that the string is terminated inside the buffer, this can lead to
OOB read when using sscanf. Fix this issue by using memdup_user_nul instead
of memdup_user.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38560 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 4.19.316 with commit 481fc0c86173
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 5.4.278 with commit 595a6b98deec
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 00b425ff0891
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 1708e3cf2488
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 7d3e694c4fe3
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 204714e68015
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 7510fab46b1c
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit ecb76200f555
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit 9f30b674759b and fixed in 6.10 with commit 13d0cecb4626

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38560
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_debugfs.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/481fc0c8617304a67649027c4a44723a139a0462
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/595a6b98deec01b6dbb20139f71edcd5fb760ec2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/00b425ff0891283207d7bad607a2412225274d7a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1708e3cf2488788cba5489e4f913d227de757baf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d3e694c4fe30f3aba9cd5ae86fb947a54c3db5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/204714e68015d6946279719fd464ecaf57240f35
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7510fab46b1cbd1680e2a096e779aec3334b4143
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ecb76200f5557a2886888aaa53702da1ab9e6cdf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/13d0cecb4626fae67c00c84d3c7851f6b62f7df3