Subject: CVE-2024-38550: ASoC: kirkwood: Fix potential NULL dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: kirkwood: Fix potential NULL dereference

In kirkwood_dma_hw_params() mv_mbus_dram_info() returns NULL if
CONFIG_PLAT_ORION macro is not defined.
Fix this bug by adding NULL check.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38550 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit d48d0c5fd733
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit de9987cec6fd
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 1a7254525ca7
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 5bf5154739cd
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 802b49e39da6
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit bb6a40fc5a83 and fixed in 6.10 with commit ea60ab95723f
	Issue introduced in 5.13.12 with commit 145951900b76

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38550
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/kirkwood/kirkwood-dma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d48d0c5fd733bd6d8d3ddb2ed553777ab4724169
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de9987cec6fde1dd41dfcb971433e05945852489
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1a7254525ca7a6f3e37d7882d7f7ad97f6235f7c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5bf5154739cd676b6d0958079070557c8d96afb6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/802b49e39da669b54bd9b77dc3c649999a446bf6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea60ab95723f5738e7737b56dda95e6feefa5b50