Subject: CVE-2024-38547: media: atomisp: ssh_css: Fix a null-pointer dereference in load_video_binaries

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: atomisp: ssh_css: Fix a null-pointer dereference in load_video_binaries

The allocation failure of mycs->yuv_scaler_binary in load_video_binaries()
is followed with a dereference of mycs->yuv_scaler_binary after the
following call chain:

sh_css_pipe_load_binaries()
  |-> load_video_binaries(mycs->yuv_scaler_binary == NULL)
  |
  |-> sh_css_pipe_unload_binaries()
        |-> unload_video_binaries()

In unload_video_binaries(), it calls to ia_css_binary_unload with argument
&pipe->pipe_settings.video.yuv_scaler_binary[i], which refers to the
same memory slot as mycs->yuv_scaler_binary. Thus, a null-pointer
dereference is triggered.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38547 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 4b68b861b514
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 82c2c85aead3
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit a1ab99dcc860
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit cc20c87b04db
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 69b27ff82f87
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 6482c433863b
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit a49d25364dfb and fixed in 6.10 with commit 3b621e9e9e14

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38547
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci/sh_css.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4b68b861b514a5c09220d622ac3784c0ebac6c80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82c2c85aead3ea3cbceef4be077cf459c5df2272
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1ab99dcc8604afe7e3bccb01b10da03bdd7ea35
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cc20c87b04db86c8e3e810bcdca686b406206069
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69b27ff82f87379afeaaea4b2f339032fdd8486e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6482c433863b257b0b9b687c28ce80b89d5f89f0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b621e9e9e148c0928ab109ac3d4b81487469acb