Subject: CVE-2024-38546: drm: vc4: Fix possible null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm: vc4: Fix possible null pointer dereference

In vc4_hdmi_audio_init() of_get_address() may return
NULL which is later dereferenced. Fix this bug by adding NULL check.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38546 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 2d9adecc88ab
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 6cf1874aec42
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 80431ea3634e
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 42c22b63056c
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit 2a345fe928c2
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit bd7827d46d40
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit bb7d78568814 and fixed in 6.10 with commit c534b63bede6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38546
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d9adecc88ab678785b581ab021f039372c324cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6cf1874aec42058a5ad621a23b5b2f248def0e96
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80431ea3634efb47a3004305d76486db9dd8ed49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42c22b63056cea259d5313bf138a834840af85a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a345fe928c21de6f3c3c7230ff509d715153a31
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd7827d46d403f8cdb43d16744cb1114e4726b21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c534b63bede6cb987c2946ed4d0b0013a52c5ba7