Subject: CVE-2024-38542: RDMA/mana_ib: boundary check before installing cq callbacks

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/mana_ib: boundary check before installing cq callbacks

Add a boundary check inside mana_ib_install_cq_cb to prevent index overflow.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38542 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8.2 with commit cf9cc859d6ff and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit f12afddfb142
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 2a31c5a7e0d8 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 168f6fbde0ea
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 2a31c5a7e0d8 and fixed in 6.10 with commit f79edef79b6a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38542
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/mana/cq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f12afddfb142587d786df9e3cc4862190d3e2ec8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/168f6fbde0eabd71d1f4133df7d001a950b96977
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f79edef79b6a2161f4124112f9b0c46891bb0b74