Subject: CVE-2024-36978: net: sched: sch_multiq: fix possible OOB write in multiq_tune()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: sched: sch_multiq: fix possible OOB write in multiq_tune()

q->bands will be assigned to qopt->bands to execute subsequent code logic
after kmalloc. So the old q->bands should not be used in kmalloc.
Otherwise, an out-of-bounds write will occur.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36978 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 5.4.279 with commit d5d9d241786f
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 5.10.221 with commit 52b1aa07cda6
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 598572c64287
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 6.1.95 with commit 0f208fad8663
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 6.6.35 with commit 54c2c171c11a
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit d6fb5110e872
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit c2999f7fb05b and fixed in 6.10 with commit affc18fdc694

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36978
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/sched/sch_multiq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d5d9d241786f49ae7cbc08e7fc95a115e9d80f3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/52b1aa07cda6a199cd6754d3798c7759023bc70f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/598572c64287aee0b75bbba4e2881496878860f3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f208fad86631e005754606c3ec80c0d44a11882
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/54c2c171c11a798fe887b3ff72922aa9d1411c1e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d6fb5110e8722bc00748f22caeb650fe4672f129
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/affc18fdc694190ca7575b9a86632a73b9fe043d