Subject: CVE-2024-36967: KEYS: trusted: Fix memory leak in tpm2_key_encode()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

KEYS: trusted: Fix memory leak in tpm2_key_encode()

'scratch' is never freed. Fix this by calling kfree() in the success, and
in the error case.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36967 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 5.15.160 with commit 1e6914fa8e77
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 6.1.92 with commit 5d91238b590b
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 6.6.32 with commit e62835264d03
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 6.8.11 with commit 189c768932d4
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 6.9.2 with commit cf26a92f560e
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit f2219745250f and fixed in 6.10 with commit ffcaa2172cc1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36967
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	security/keys/trusted-keys/trusted_tpm2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e6914fa8e7798bcf3ce4a5b96ea4ac1d5571cdf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d91238b590bd883c86ba7707c5c9096469c08b7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e62835264d0352be6086975f18fdfed2b5520b13
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/189c768932d435045b1fae12bf63e53866f06a28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf26a92f560eed5d6ddc3d441cc645950cbabc56
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ffcaa2172cc1a85ddb8b783de96d38ca8855e248