Subject: CVE-2024-36956: thermal/debugfs: Free all thermal zone debug memory on zone removal

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thermal/debugfs: Free all thermal zone debug memory on zone removal

Because thermal_debug_tz_remove() does not free all memory allocated for
thermal zone diagnostics, some of that memory becomes unreachable after
freeing the thermal zone's struct thermal_debugfs object.

Address this by making thermal_debug_tz_remove() free all of the memory
in question.

Cc :6.8+ <[email-masked]> # 6.8+

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36956 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 7ef01f228c9f and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit f51564e4b399
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 7ef01f228c9f and fixed in 6.9 with commit 72c1afffa4c6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36956
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thermal/thermal_debugfs.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f51564e4b3992b53df79460ed5781a5330b5b1d5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/72c1afffa4c645fe0e0f1c03e5f34395ed65b5f4