Subject: CVE-2024-36951: drm/amdkfd: range check cp bad op exception interrupts

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: range check cp bad op exception interrupts

Due to a CP interrupt bug, bad packet garbage exception codes are raised.
Do a range check so that the debugger and runtime do not receive garbage
codes.
Update the user api to guard exception code type checking as well.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36951 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 41dc67915966
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit b6735bfe9414
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 0cac183b98d8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36951
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_int_process_v10.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_int_process_v11.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_int_process_v9.c
	include/uapi/linux/kfd_ioctl.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41dc6791596656dd41100b85647ed489e1d5c2f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6735bfe941486c5dfc9c3085d2d75d4923f9449
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0cac183b98d8a8c692c98e8dba37df15a9e9210d