Subject: CVE-2024-36946: phonet: fix rtm_phonet_notify() skb allocation

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

phonet: fix rtm_phonet_notify() skb allocation

fill_route() stores three components in the skb:

- struct rtmsg
- RTA_DST (u8)
- RTA_OIF (u32)

Therefore, rtm_phonet_notify() should use

NLMSG_ALIGN(sizeof(struct rtmsg)) +
nla_total_size(1) +
nla_total_size(4)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36946 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 4.19.314 with commit ec1f71c05cae
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 5.4.276 with commit dc6beac059f0
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 5.10.217 with commit f085e02f0a32
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 5.15.159 with commit 4ff334cade9d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 728a83160f98
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit ee9e39a6cb3c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 9a7722644000
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit f062f41d0657 and fixed in 6.9 with commit d8cac8568618

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36946
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/phonet/pn_netlink.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec1f71c05caeba0f814df77e0f511d8b4618623a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc6beac059f0331de97155a89d84058d4a9e49c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f085e02f0a32f6dfcfabc6535c9c4a1707cef86b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ff334cade9dae50e4be387f71e94fae634aa9b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/728a83160f98ee6b60df0d890141b9b7240182fe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee9e39a6cb3ca2a3d35b4ae25547ee3526a44d00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a77226440008cf04ba68faf641a2d50f4998137
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d8cac8568618dcb8a51af3db1103e8d4cc4aeea7