Subject: CVE-2024-36941: wifi: nl80211: don't free NULL coalescing rule

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: nl80211: don't free NULL coalescing rule

If the parsing fails, we can dereference a NULL pointer here.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36941 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 4.19.314 with commit 327382dc0f16
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 5.4.276 with commit 97792d0611ae
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 5.10.217 with commit 5a730a161ac2
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 5.15.159 with commit ad12c74e953b
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit b0db4caa10f2
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 244822c09b4f
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit f92772a64248
	Issue introduced in 3.12 with commit be29b99a9b51 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 801ea33ae82d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36941
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/wireless/nl80211.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/327382dc0f16b268950b96e0052595efd80f7b0a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/97792d0611ae2e6fe3ccefb0a94a1d802317c457
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a730a161ac2290d46d49be76b2b1aee8d2eb307
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad12c74e953b68ad85c78adc6408ed8435c64af4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0db4caa10f2e4e811cf88744fbf0d074b67ec1f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/244822c09b4f9aedfb5977f03c0deeb39da8ec7d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f92772a642485394db5c9a17bd0ee73fc6902383
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/801ea33ae82d6a9d954074fbcf8ea9d18f1543a7