Subject: CVE-2024-36934: bna: ensure the copied buf is NUL terminated

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bna: ensure the copied buf is NUL terminated

Currently, we allocate a nbytes-sized kernel buffer and copy nbytes from
userspace to that buffer. Later, we use sscanf on this buffer but we don't
ensure that the string is terminated inside the buffer, this can lead to
OOB read when using sscanf. Fix this issue by using memdup_user_nul
instead of memdup_user.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36934 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 4.19.314 with commit bd502ba81cd1
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 5.4.276 with commit 80578ec10335
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 5.10.217 with commit 6f0f19b79c08
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 5.15.159 with commit 0f560240b4cc
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 06cb37e2ba64
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit e19478763154
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 1518b2b498a0
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit 7afc5dbde091 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 8c34096c7fdf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36934
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/brocade/bna/bnad_debugfs.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd502ba81cd1d515deddad7dbc6b812b14b97147
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80578ec10335bc15ac35fd1703c22aab34e39fdd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f0f19b79c085cc891c418b768f26f7004bd51a4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f560240b4cc25d3de527deb257cdf072c0102a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06cb37e2ba6441888f24566a997481d4197b4e32
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e19478763154674c084defc62ae0d64d79657f91
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1518b2b498a0109eb6b15755169d3b6607356b35
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c34096c7fdf272fd4c0c37fe411cd2e3ed0ee9f