Subject: CVE-2024-36924: scsi: lpfc: Release hbalock before calling lpfc_worker_wake_up()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: lpfc: Release hbalock before calling lpfc_worker_wake_up()

lpfc_worker_wake_up() calls the lpfc_work_done() routine, which takes the
hbalock.  Thus, lpfc_worker_wake_up() should not be called while holding the
hbalock to avoid potential deadlock.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36924 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 6503c3939850
	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit e8bf2c05e8ad
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit ee833d7e62de
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit ded20192dff3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36924
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_els.c
	drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_hbadisc.c
	drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_sli.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6503c39398506cadda9f4c81695a9655ca5fb4fd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8bf2c05e8ad68e90f9d5889a9e4ef3f6fe00683
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee833d7e62de2b84ed1332d501b67f12e7e5678f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ded20192dff31c91cef2a04f7e20e60e9bb887d3