Subject: CVE-2024-36921: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: guard against invalid STA ID on removal

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: guard against invalid STA ID on removal

Guard against invalid station IDs in iwl_mvm_mld_rm_sta_id as that would
result in out-of-bounds array accesses. This prevents issues should the
driver get into a bad state during error handling.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36921 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 94f80a8ec15e
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit fab21d220017
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 17f64517bf5c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36921
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mld-sta.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94f80a8ec15e238b78521f20f8afaed60521a294
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fab21d220017daa5fd8a3d788ff25ccfecfaae2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17f64517bf5c26af56b6c3566273aad6646c3c4f