Subject: CVE-2024-36920: scsi: mpi3mr: Avoid memcpy field-spanning write WARNING

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: mpi3mr: Avoid memcpy field-spanning write WARNING

When the "storcli2 show" command is executed for eHBA-9600, mpi3mr driver
prints this WARNING message:

  memcpy: detected field-spanning write (size 128) of single field "bsg_reply_buf->reply_buf" at drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_app.c:1658 (size 1)
  WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 12760 at drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_app.c:1658 mpi3mr_bsg_request+0x6b12/0x7f10 [mpi3mr]

The cause of the WARN is 128 bytes memcpy to the 1 byte size array "__u8
replay_buf[1]" in the struct mpi3mr_bsg_in_reply_buf. The array is intended
to be a flexible length array, so the WARN is a false positive.

To suppress the WARN, remove the constant number '1' from the array
declaration and clarify that it has flexible length. Also, adjust the
memory allocation size to match the change.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36920 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 5f0266044dc6
	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit f09318244c6c
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 4d2772324f43
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 429846b4b6ce

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36920
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_app.c
	include/uapi/scsi/scsi_bsg_mpi3mr.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f0266044dc611563539705bff0b3e1545fbb6aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f09318244c6cafd10aca741b9c01e0a2c362d43a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d2772324f43cf5674ac3dbe3f74a7e656396716
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/429846b4b6ce9853e0d803a2357bb2e55083adf0