Subject: CVE-2024-36917: block: fix overflow in blk_ioctl_discard()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

block: fix overflow in blk_ioctl_discard()

There is no check for overflow of 'start + len' in blk_ioctl_discard().
Hung task occurs if submit an discard ioctl with the following param:
  start = 0x80000000000ff000, len = 0x8000000000fff000;
Add the overflow validation now.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36917 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 8a26198186e9
	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit e1d38cde2b7b
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 507d526a98c3
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 22d24a544b0d
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 0842ddd83939
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 6c9915fa9410

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36917
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	block/ioctl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8a26198186e97ee5fc4b42fde82629cff8c75cd6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1d38cde2b7b0fbd1c48082e7a98c37d750af59b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/507d526a98c355e6f3fb2c47aacad44a69784bee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22d24a544b0d49bbcbd61c8c0eaf77d3c9297155
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0842ddd83939eb4db940b9af7d39e79722bc41aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6c9915fa9410cbb9bd75ee283c03120046c56d3d