Subject: CVE-2024-36914: drm/amd/display: Skip on writeback when it's not applicable

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Skip on writeback when it's not applicable

[WHY]
dynamic memory safety error detector (KASAN) catches and generates error
messages "BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds" as writeback connector does not
support certain features which are not initialized.

[HOW]
Skip them when connector type is DRM_MODE_CONNECTOR_WRITEBACK.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36914 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 951a498fa993
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit e9baa7110e9f
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit ecedd99a9369

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36914
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/951a498fa993c5501994ec2df97c9297b02488c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9baa7110e9f3756bd5a812af376c288d9be894d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ecedd99a9369fb5cde601ae9abd58bca2739f1ae