Subject: CVE-2024-36908: blk-iocost: do not WARN if iocg was already offlined

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

blk-iocost: do not WARN if iocg was already offlined

In iocg_pay_debt(), warn is triggered if 'active_list' is empty, which
is intended to confirm iocg is active when it has debt. However, warn
can be triggered during a blkcg or disk removal, if iocg_waitq_timer_fn()
is run at that time:

  WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 2344971 at block/blk-iocost.c:1402 iocg_pay_debt+0x14c/0x190
  Call trace:
  iocg_pay_debt+0x14c/0x190
  iocg_kick_waitq+0x438/0x4c0
  iocg_waitq_timer_fn+0xd8/0x130
  __run_hrtimer+0x144/0x45c
  __hrtimer_run_queues+0x16c/0x244
  hrtimer_interrupt+0x2cc/0x7b0

The warn in this situation is meaningless. Since this iocg is being
removed, the state of the 'active_list' is irrelevant, and 'waitq_timer'
is canceled after removing 'active_list' in ioc_pd_free(), which ensures
iocg is freed after iocg_waitq_timer_fn() returns.

Therefore, add the check if iocg was already offlined to avoid warn
when removing a blkcg or disk.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36908 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 1c172ac7afe4
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 14b3275f93d4
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 01bc4fda9ea0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36908
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	block/blk-iocost.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c172ac7afe4442964f4153b2c78fe4e005d9d67
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14b3275f93d4a0d8ddc02195bc4e9869b7a3700e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/01bc4fda9ea0a6b52f12326486f07a4910666cf6