Subject: CVE-2024-36897: drm/amd/display: Atom Integrated System Info v2_2 for DCN35

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Atom Integrated System Info v2_2 for DCN35

New request from KMD/VBIOS in order to support new UMA carveout
model. This fixes a null dereference from accessing
Ctx->dc_bios->integrated_info while it was NULL.

DAL parses through the BIOS and extracts the necessary
integrated_info but was missing a case for the new BIOS
version 2.3.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36897 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.159 with commit 3c7013a87124
	Fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 02f5300f6827
	Fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 7e3030774431
	Fixed in 6.8.10 with commit c2797ec16d90
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 9a35d205f466

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36897
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/bios/bios_parser2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3c7013a87124bab54216d9b99f77e8b6de6fbc1a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/02f5300f6827206f6e48a77f51e6264993695e5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e3030774431eb093165a31baff040d35446fb8b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c2797ec16d9072327e7578d09ee05bcab52fffd0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a35d205f466501dcfe5625ca313d944d0ac2d60