Subject: CVE-2024-36270: netfilter: tproxy: bail out if IP has been disabled on the device

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: tproxy: bail out if IP has been disabled on the device

syzbot reports:
general protection fault, probably for non-canonical address 0xdffffc0000000003: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP KASAN PTI
KASAN: null-ptr-deref in range [0x0000000000000018-0x000000000000001f]
[..]
RIP: 0010:nf_tproxy_laddr4+0xb7/0x340 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_tproxy_ipv4.c:62
Call Trace:
 nft_tproxy_eval_v4 net/netfilter/nft_tproxy.c:56 [inline]
 nft_tproxy_eval+0xa9a/0x1a00 net/netfilter/nft_tproxy.c:168

__in_dev_get_rcu() can return NULL, so check for this.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36270 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 5.4.278 with commit 10f0af5234da
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 07eeedafc59c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 6fe5af4ff06d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit caf3a8afb5ea
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 570b4c52096e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit 819bfeca16eb
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit cc6eb4338569 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 21a673bddc8f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36270
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_tproxy_ipv4.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10f0af5234dafd03d2b75233428ec3f11cf7e43d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/07eeedafc59c45fe5de43958128542be3784764c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6fe5af4ff06db3d4d80e07a19356640428159f03
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/caf3a8afb5ea00db6d5398adf148d5534615fd80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/570b4c52096e62fda562448f5760fd0ff06110f0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/819bfeca16eb9ad647ddcae25e7e12c30612147c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21a673bddc8fd4873c370caf9ae70ffc6d47e8d3