Subject: CVE-2024-36032: Bluetooth: qca: fix info leak when fetching fw build id

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: qca: fix info leak when fetching fw build id

Add the missing sanity checks and move the 255-byte build-id buffer off
the stack to avoid leaking stack data through debugfs in case the
build-info reply is malformed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36032 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c0187b0bd3e9 and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 62d5550ab620
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c0187b0bd3e9 and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 57062aa13e87
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c0187b0bd3e9 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 6b63e0ef4d3c
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c0187b0bd3e9 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit a571044cc0a0
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c0187b0bd3e9 and fixed in 6.9 with commit cda0d6a198e2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36032
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/bluetooth/btqca.c
	drivers/bluetooth/btqca.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/62d5550ab62042dcceaf18844d0feadbb962cffe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57062aa13e87b1a78a4a8f6cb5fab6ba24f5f488
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6b63e0ef4d3ce0080395e5091fba2023f246c45a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a571044cc0a0c944e7c12237b6768aeedd7480e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cda0d6a198e2a7ec6f176c36173a57bdd8af7af2